Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Got an email from ODFW about a new licening system. LINK.

They're asking you to verify your account after the system launches on Dec. 1.

Might want to go to the old portal ( https://or.outdoorcentral.us/or/license ) before then (Like today), log in and jot down your ID number if you don't this years license any more (wife JUST threw mine out this week as I don't plan on any more hunting this year).

I also took a screen shot of the preference points page and sent it in an email to myself. I don't want to lose any of those long held points if they get lost in the switch over and this should prove that I have them.

FWIW,

-Steve

Carpe' Scrotum
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good idea....if there's a way to screw something up a government agency will find it.

And I don't just mean OR.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I love the fact that they gave us a heads up the day of the switch over. I got the email late last night.

Wonder if the guy who brought it up, "Hey the switch over is day after tomorrow. We might want to let everyone know about this.", isn't counting squirrel droppings in Rome, OR now.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I'm not sure what to expect on this. My son thinks it will be great since you can put everything on your phone including tags. We shall see.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good heads up

Link to preference point accumulations

Don't know who thought up the phone copy business, as there is no coverage in many of our remote regions, I don't pack a phone, and if I did it would not always be charged. Will make it very difficult for enforcement folks.

Likely, however, today's youngsters are all for such.

1Minute
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So if I do not have a cell phone, <really I do not> how does one get lic and tags without a cell phone?

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The same way you got your last one.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With Kate Brown, this has nothing to do with efficiency....

it only means more tax revenue... and will be costing the people of the state more
like everything else....

several billion dollar surplus thanks to Trump bringing in business...
and she still cries the State is broke and the DemocRATS need more money
to create their welfare utopia...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Tansun
So if I do not have a cell phone, <really I do not> how does one get lic and tags without a cell phone?

Yes, you can still buy them at the usual license outlets, the main difference being that they will no longer be printed on water proof paper. I don't know whether Fred Meyer has decided to continue to be a license agent.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If they're not on waterproof paper, makes me wonder how tagging will work.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I plan to laminate mine with packing tape. Tougher to do on the salmon tags.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is how some are going to do tags. They will print out the original after buying it online. Then take that tag and run it through scanner. Bingo! they now have unlimited tags.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Fucque them.

LOL
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
This is the worst idea ever. I am done with Oregon at this point and am wondering how many this will push away. After all how many grandpa's do you think will up for this?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
Good heads up

Link to preference point accumulations

Don't know who thought up the phone copy business, as there is no coverage in many of our remote regions, I don't pack a phone, and if I did it would not always be charged. Will make it very difficult for enforcement folks.

Likely, however, today's youngsters are all for such.

the burden of proof should fall on the SOB game cop that checks you. If they don't have the technology to electronically verify what you have or don't have after providing them ID then fucque them and the horse they rode in on. We shouldn't be worried about them assuming we're guilty until proven innocent.

LOL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Keep me updated on how this progresses. Mt. is gong to change our our system in the next couple years. They are having preliminary meetings now to get feedback on what we think. Old system is outdated and cannot be improved, just maintained.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I got the notification of the new system Thursday via email, and I don't even live in Oregon, lol

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
From the State that wasted $300M on the Cover Oregon website that was never functional. What could possibly go wrong?!

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Checked it this morning. All my info and points are there.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Rite in the Rain sells waterproof laser printer paper, I intend to use it to print my 2019 license, and tags. I've used their waterproof paper for years and have been happy with it except that the ink from some pens wont dry on it. I also use their pens to write on it so I have no issue. Their pens are the so called "Space Pens"

I did just this morning create the online account, and loaded the app on my phone with no issues, so that was a plus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,633
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.