Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Okay, been figuring this for awhile....

Will take nominations from GoodGuys by pm or posted here. A combat vet that could use and enjoy it. Maybe with a kid coming to age that has mentorship as appropriate? That'd be swell. Please, not for someone with a huge arsenal...

New Whittaker Ruger American 22-250 1 in 8". Cerakoted OD Green and/or Graphite Black if desired. 6X SWFA Mil/Mil that's been modified, chopped windage dial... SWFA rings. Co-sponsor welcome. Sling, knife, binoc package works if anyone wants to join in... Not for Christmas, by late January I am thinking, sorry but schedule is too uncertain. Ships from private party only, direct in MT or to FFL if interstate. Barrel length and LOP can be specified.

That's about it. Suggestions and GFYs welcome as always. No states exempted.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
RPK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
PM Sent.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RPK
PM Sent.

Thank you. A strong candidate right off the bat.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
RPK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
MtnBoomer,
I can provide more military info, if you need or wish.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Another PM. I know far too many.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Right off the bat I said before, and asked if I could post this. In actual need for a hunting rifle....

Originally Posted by RPK
I would like to nominate my son in law, Master Sgt. Jason (edit) . He has been deployed 5 times. He is starting to hunt. I help him all i can, but its hard. I live in Illinois, and he lives in VA, outside of Washington DC. He is still in the Military. I have been able to meet him in Tennessee, for his first Big Game hunt, for Boar. He had to borrow a rifle to do this. My daughter Liz, is also a Vet. They met in Germany, and she, too, would have been deployed, except Liz became pregnant with my Grand daughter Alyssa. Jason is a good man, has served our Country well, and would put this rifle to good use.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thank you Bill.

Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Another PM. I know far too many.

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
No sir. Thank YOU for doing this. I know dozens of deserving brothers, and you’ll MAJ no wrong decision helping any combat vet out, IMO.

R
RPK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
YES, thank you MtnBoomer for doing a wonderful thing for someone who has served their Country.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pretty much first come first served... I have decided to go with RPK's nomination Master Sgt. Jason.

If anyone wants in on this, let's get'r done. We'll be working out the details and post updates. Hoping Jason will get out there and have some fun.

Some predator calling gear would be a good supplement...

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Bump for a Great Project.... supporting and appreciating those that put it on the line to serve our nation.
Kudos to Boomer for making the effort...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Awesome Carl! Thanks for doing this, once again.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seafire, thanks for the contribution and all you've done before.

hh, appreciate it.

Got a sling offer this morning. Great!

Shooting sticks, bipods, calls? Even though Virginia won't go 22-250 for deer, states nearby do... Game bags? Spare magazine? Lens caps?

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
TTT

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Great to see! Happy to help out if you need anything.

I’d like to hear more about the modified windage dial. I generally like my SWFA 3-9x42, but length of the dials is not my favorite.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by prm

I’d like to hear more about the modified windage dial. I generally like my SWFA 3-9x42, but length of the dials is not my favorite.

Great. What's a guy new to hunting in Virginia need besides a scoped rifle and sling? Predator call? Bipod? Pay for shipping? A stack of targets? A steel gong?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/02/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a veteran myself, I just want to say thank you for doing this. That this is Awesome!

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by prm

Great. What's a guy new to hunting in Virginia need besides a scoped rifle and sling? Predator call? Bipod? Pay for shipping? A stack of targets? A steel gong?

A place to hunt with a rifle... unfortunately I can’t help with that. Anybody know of any big farms in NoVA? I’m all ears.

He could use a bipod for the range? Pm me an address and I’ll ship it direct to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Engin...ative=165953&creativeASIN=B000JJGXAI

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by prm

A place to hunt with a rifle... unfortunately I can’t help with that. Anybody know of any big farms in NoVA? I’m all ears.

He could use a bipod for the range? Pm me an address and I’ll ship it direct to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Engin...ative=165953&creativeASIN=B000JJGXAI

Far out! That'll be great for Jason! PM on the way.

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bipod has been ordered!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,023
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.