Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm a member of the NRA. I'm a member of GOA, I'm a member of the NSSF. I'm a member of Texas Shooters Association. I'm a member of Whittening Center. I'm a member of San Juan Wildlife Federation. Not to mention Rocky Mountain Elk Assn, or several other firearm and hunting based organizations. I am doing my best to help.

And here we are with a bunch of whiney tightwads that won't help out by joining anything because they may get a piece of junk mail or a wine ad, or because they don't agree with you 100 percent.
In the highest traditions of Dflave.....Please go ...well you know.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
BP-B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Allen917
I'm a member of the NRA. I'm a member of GOA, I'm a member of the NSSF. I'm a member of Texas Shooters Association. I'm a member of Whittening Center. I'm a member of San Juan Wildlife Federation. Not to mention Rocky Mountain Elk Assn, or several other firearm and hunting based organizations. I am doing my best to help.

And here we are with a bunch of whiney tightwads that won't help out by joining anything because they may get a piece of junk mail or a wine ad, or because they don't agree with you 100 percent.
In the highest traditions of Dflave.....Please go ...well you know.

Dismiss what you can't refute, got it. Come back when you have something intelligent to say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
darrenlobo "Being able to scare gun owners keeps the money flowing..." I think you have the situation figured out. By the way, I am a life member. I will keep my membership, but not send a penny until some leadership is ousted. Not likely to happen though.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
the NRA got nothing to do with this

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the NRA had the views of darrenlobo, they would not only be insignificant, your gun rights would have been gone long ago. That's not a dig on Darren, but his views are extreme in comparison to the majority of gun owners, IMO. If the NRA was going around saying there should be NO gun laws and that we should disarm cops. Etc, etc. That is a message that is not going to grow the org and it takes numbers and dollars to combat the gun grabbers.

I respect your views as a gun owner and lover of Liberty. I'm also an unapologetic life member of the NRA because they (we) have done more to protect our 2A rights than you ever will in a lifetime of soapboxes.

Eat moose, burn spruce
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Pittu
If the NRA had the views of darrenlobo, they would not only be insignificant, your gun rights would have been gone long ago. That's not a dig on Darren, but his views are extreme in comparison to the majority of gun owners, IMO. If the NRA was going around saying there should be NO gun laws and that we should disarm cops. Etc, etc. That is a message that is not going to grow the org and it takes numbers and dollars to combat the gun grabbers.

I respect your views as a gun owner and lover of Liberty. I'm also an unapologetic life member of the NRA because they (we) have done more to protect our 2A rights than you ever will in a lifetime of soapboxes.

Or they wouldn't have lead gun owners to support gun control. Had they taken a stand like mine long ago we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by darrenlobo
With the release of the first episode of the Defending Our America series titled �Know Your Enemies and Know Yourself� the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/know-enemy-of-liberty-national-rifle.html

Last edited by ConradCA; 10/08/17.

[Linked Image from ]
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by ConradCA
With the release of the first episode of the Defending Our America series titled �Know Your Enemies and Know Yourself� the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/know-enemy-of-liberty-national-rifle.html

Criticizing the NRA isn't supporting Antifa, you know? There's plenty of blame to go around.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Darren, politically we would probably agree. I'm libertarian (small L, philosophical not political libertarian) and I'd agree that the NRA has stood behind things that I don't agree with. I also have to be practical, while they might not do all that I want them to do, they do a damn fine job of lobbying and standing in front of absolute garbage legislation (for the most part). I'll stay a member simply because it doesn't cost much and they actually do some good. If you're that dead set against the NRA, check out the GOA. They are a pretty "no nonsense, no backing down" group.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by MRitchie
Darren, politically we would probably agree. I'm libertarian (small L, philosophical not political libertarian) and I'd agree that the NRA has stood behind things that I don't agree with. I also have to be practical, while they might not do all that I want them to do, they do a damn fine job of lobbying and standing in front of absolute garbage legislation (for the most part). I'll stay a member simply because it doesn't cost much and they actually do some good. If you're that dead set against the NRA, check out the GOA. They are a pretty "no nonsense, no backing down" group.

I'm a member of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) http://jpfo.org/ because they get it right:

AN OPEN LETTER TO TED NUGENT:
“THE DAY I’LL JOIN THE NRA”
http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nugent-open-letter.htm

1. When the NRA announces, from the rooftops, that the police have NO LEGAL DUTY to protect the average American citizen.

2. When the NRA aggressively presses to abolish all concealed carry permit laws.

3. When the NRA calls for the complete and unconditional disbanding of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE).

4. When the NRA soundly condemns, and works tirelessly to abolish, the “Gun Control Act of 1968”.

5. When the NRA quits kowtowing to authoritarian police bureaucrats and takes a no compromise stand against the increasing paramilitarization of our local and State law enforcement agencies.

6. When the NRA assertively speaks to our active duty military personnel and respectfully (but emphatically) reminds them that any disarming of innocent Americans is a blatant and evil breach of their oath to uphold and protect our Constitution.

7. When the NRA forcefully and persistently brings up the uncontestable fact that every major genocide of the 20th Century was preceded by “gun control” policies.

8. When the NRA honestly and accurately “grades” politicians for their real position on the Second Amendment.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
But the NRA provides excellent lube for the A$$FUKING the government is continually giving Americans! What do you mean you don't want lube?!!

Most people are too stupid to understand. They can't recognize the flaws in their own arguments. They use the same words the a$$rapers use, like pragmatism, and common-sense. They don't get that they undermine their own supposed causes. They don't get that they are part of the problem. They don't get that politics is a show that the audience pays most of its money for (no kidding, really), and they don't get that they are not free, and never were. The founders of this nation were free men; the rest of us are subjugated to the fraud perpetuated with the next generation of politicians.

I scorn you stupid [bleep]. May you get what you deserve, you spineless women.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I support the Second Amendment Foundation and the NRA. If you have been following court cases regarding firearms rights and challenges, the SAF has been winning. The NRA is the biggest and baddest Civil Rights lobbying group ever. Who do you want on our side???

Last edited by Firemann; 01/23/18.

"I've made alot of money in my life, most of it spent on guns and women. The rest of it I just wasted."
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Firemann
I support the Second Amendment Foundation and the NRA. If you have been following court cases regarding firearms rights and challenges, the SAF has been winning. The NRA is the biggest and baddest Civil Rights lobbying group ever. Who do you want on our side???

Well if you had bothered to read my article you'd know that my problem with the NRA isn't what they've done for gun rights. Read the article then come back & comment on the points I make.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Blue ribbon for the most ridiculous thread title ever. The article is just goofy.....you really believe the NRA wants a "police state"?Oh brother........

Last edited by reivertom; 02/20/18.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by reivertom
Blue ribbon for the most ridiculous thread title ever. The article is just goofy.....you really believe the NRA wants a "police state"?Oh brother........

You win the Saul Alinsky award for the most pointless post. Anyone that wants to arm the govt to the teeth is for a police state. Study the reasons the Founders warned us not to have a standing army. Here's a talk I gave on the subject:

The Standing Armies of Yesterday and the Police State Today
https://youtu.be/BKTVMjU1D1I?t=1m

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think someone got lost on the way to Huffington Post.

NRA Life Member

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by pdXammo
I think someone got lost on the way to Huffington Post.

Lost are those who post without reading the article

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will not get into the weeds of the article, but, as the West Tennessee Director of the Tennessee Firearms Association, I can say with all truth and clarity that the paid leggy lobbyist of the NRA here, all they want is access to Leadership in the legislature and the last 8 years that has been Beth Harwell, the most anti-gun speaker ever. The NRA also gave out "orange cards" to member of the Senate Judiciary Committee that has killed every gun bill in those last 8 years. It is like they have no idea what is going on here with our legislature, and I have reached out, Chris Cox is from Jackson TN where I currently live and work and I have done all I can to get them to help us instead of supporting the anti-gun legislators that are simply incumbents.

I have been a Life Member since 1976 and am currently an Endowment Member, still support the Friends of the NRA efforts, but the "Big" group has stabbed Tennessee gun owners in the back.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pittu

This is the truth of the matter. Frankly the NRA and the rest of us in it are better off without him. They've done things I don't agree with, and weighing in on non-gun rights matters is a grave mistake that needs correcting. I'm not a life member, because they have to re-earn my support. And they do.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You should ask you mother how high the changing table was when you were an infant. She surely must have dropped you more than once...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
341 members (257 mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.