24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After a lot of research, am starting to build an AR pistol. Wondering what quality LPK's are out there for a good price. Checking around, Daniel Defense seems to be most highly recommended, followed by Spikes, JP, etc and then on down the line, including PSA and Red Barn kit where you can choose to include or exclude certain parts.

PS- Don't want to fight with out of spec or poorly coated pins. Don't need/want trigger or grip. Already have these.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
ARIC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy kits because I don't use the triggers, & I almost always want to use a specific bolt lock, mag release & safety, so I just buy all the parts (springs, pins, etc) I need individually from Bronwnell, or Battle Arms Dev., Seekins, Midway, Primary Arms or maybe V-Seven, depending on what I want at the time.

If you really want a LPK, minus the trigger, I'd probably buy from Geiselle, though.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
MM, is it any cheaper doing it that way or just about the same?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
After a lot of research, am starting to build an AR pistol. Wondering what quality LPK's are out there for a good price. Checking around, Daniel Defense seems to be most highly recommended, followed by Spikes, JP, etc and then on down the line, including PSA and Red Barn kit where you can choose to include or exclude certain parts.

PS- Don't want to fight with out of spec or poorly coated pins. Don't need/want trigger or grip. Already have these.

All of my AR's use Armaspec LPK's mainly because I like the ambi controls they use, and I don't want a cheap grip or trigger with the kit. The Armaspec LPK usually runs around $57.00 when I buy them.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I've never had a problem with them. I also use them in my AR10.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
White Oak Armament is top notch.

I have used their stuff when doing build for others numerous times and never had an issue.

I have also used literally dozens of their match barrels in builds for others and they shoot exceptionally well.

The interesting thing is that for high quality parts, their LPKs are actually pretty reasonable.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

All of my AR's use Armaspec LPK's mainly because I like the ambi controls they use, and I don't want a cheap grip or trigger with the kit. The Armaspec LPK usually runs around $57.00 when I buy them.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA,

I would suggest you get in the habit of engaging the safety on your ARs.

I realize you most likely have dropped the hammer on an empty chamber but give it some thought as the safety design of the AR is much more robust than bolt guns and dropping the hammer risks a possible discharge.

Not a call out but just food for thought.

Nice ARs. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MM, is it any cheaper doing it that way or just about the same?

It's more expensive, but I get exactly the parts I want.

If you aren't particular about the mag release, the bolt lock catch, the safety or even the trigger, then kits will be cheaper.

And if you want something better than a mil-spec trigger, there are plenty of kits available w/o the fire control group & there are also kits available with all mi-spec parts & & upgraded trigger.

Whenever I build a gun, I want it exactly the way I want it, & the cost of the various upgraded parts is just part of the deal.

And yes, to Mackay's comments on WOA, anything from them is decent as it it with Seekins & Geiselle / ALG.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, fellas.

Mac, I did see WOA mentioned as a top quality LPK. I just neglected to mention it in my response above.

MM, I want quality. So, a couple extra bucks is no big deal. That's pretty much the way I roll with all my stuff.

As I mentioned, FCG is already covered.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA,

I would suggest you get in the habit of engaging the safety on your ARs.

I realize you most likely have dropped the hammer on an empty chamber but give it some thought as the safety design of the AR is much more robust than bolt guns and dropping the hammer risks a possible discharge.

Not a call out but just food for thought.

Nice ARs. grin

Thanks buddy. Yes, the hammers are dropped. The reason they are not in the safe position. I keep them unloaded, but if i didnt and kept them ready to rock and roll, id do as you are suggesting. Nice to see you posting here again. Hope all is well

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

bsa, thanks for mentioning Armaspec. Was not familiar with them.

PS- you have built yourself quite a nice battery of AR's.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

bsa, thanks for mentioning Armaspec. Was not familiar with them.

PS- you have built yourself quite a nice battery of AR's.

Thanks buddy. Cool to see you expanding your collection as well. Hell, ive even bought a couple ugly azzed savages. Im finding out they shoot damn near as good as my winchesters wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stag makes a decent lpk. Picked one up without trigger for around 50.00

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Esox357,
Thanks for the tip on Stag. I'll take a look at their kits, too.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aero LPK without FCG or grip is $25.55 at armorally right now. If you need a pistol grip, get that LPK anyway and I'll send you an A2 from the stack I've accumulated over the years.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks af, will check those out.

I think I've got a grip in the parts cabinet that used to be an armoire. Lol.

Will let you know, if otherwise. Thanks much for the offer.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
125 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.