Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by harv3589
I replaced the pot metal bottom metal on my new FWT with a Williams bottom metal from Brownells. Fit perfectly and looks awesome, definitely top shelf quality....but pricey

Can't seem to find them on Brownells....was this a while back?

Kansan

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Rob
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Kansan
Originally Posted by model70man
I think BSA is spot on about the cheap painted trigger guards. I would be happy to pay a few more dollars for a steel version if I was looking to buy one. I have a NH Model 70 with a nice blued steel floor plate and it came with a cheap painted pot metal trigger guard. I replaced the guard with one of Matt Williams guards and also replaced the cheap cast extractor with a spring steel blued extractor from Matt. It's smooth as glass.

That being said, I have two EW that have the pot metal trigger guards. Is there an aftermarket alternative still inproduction?

Thanks,

Kansan

I think that Williams only sells through Brownell's as another poster said. To me it's still worth the money.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kansan
Originally Posted by model70man
I think BSA is spot on about the cheap painted trigger guards. I would be happy to pay a few more dollars for a steel version if I was looking to buy one. I have a NH Model 70 with a nice blued steel floor plate and it came with a cheap painted pot metal trigger guard. I replaced the guard with one of Matt Williams guards and also replaced the cheap cast extractor with a spring steel blued extractor from Matt. It's smooth as glass.

That being said, I have two EW that have the pot metal trigger guards. Is there an aftermarket alternative still inproduction?

Thanks,

Kansan

Try PTG

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Many of the die hard pre64 fans will probably disagree but having owned both pre 64's and newer FN made model 70's a BACO FN made model 70 is as good as it gets with respect to finish and accuracy. I'll admit the older model 70 style trigger is a better design but a lighter spring in the MOA trigger is definitely livable with to me.

I agree if we are talking about the early made South Carolina BACO's. Quality firearms and equally as good as pre 64's, not withstanding personal bias with the difference in triggers. JMO.

Ever notice it's the one not made anymore that's best? Pre 64 started it. Then a few years ago a lot of guys were all about how much better the New Haven classics were. Now that you cant get South Carolina guns they're the best. I see a pattern forming.....

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have 2 early BACO stainless Featherweight guns. Both have superb build quality. Both have "pot metal" (really aluminum for those that don't know anything about metal) trigger guards. I'm not sure the Baco stainless M70 featherweights were ever made with stainless trigger guards. I really don't care. I prefer the light weight aluminum ones. They are light, strong and last a long time. RJ

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (160user, 1234, 10ring1, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.