24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
See what Chris Cox with the NRA has to say about the "Red Flag" bills cropping up everywhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sN...Af-iGHfhsbFuBZQuplJT-JvzzQfh8Vaah-3JBvJk

Last edited by worriedman; 12/03/18.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It would not hurt if the NRA went on the attack-rather than the defense. Watch Trump: he attacks on every important issue.
As an NRA Life Member- I think the NRA leadership should reduce its executive salaries and spread
the excess among the employees. The rest should go to the ILA and to lobbyists. Fight & resist starts by sacrifice. Give up the big bucks.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
P
P
The NRA has become just a propaganda wing for the GOP. Until they get rid of Wayne and right the ship they're dead to me. And this from a guy who'd been a member for almost 30 years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by darrenlobo
With the release of the first episode of the Defending Our America series titled �Know Your Enemies and Know Yourself� the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/know-enemy-of-liberty-national-rifle.html

ur a nut job! good grief

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am NOT a Libertarian, and I have no use for the NRA either. Collaborators and capitulators. They have quite a long history of being complicit in gun control, and helping to write gun control laws. When they came out and publicly opposed and ran down the Texas open carry movement a few years ago, that was the last straw for me. Piss on the NRA.

IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Stophel
I am NOT a Libertarian, and I have no use for the NRA either. Collaborators and capitulators. They have quite a long history of being complicit in gun control, and helping to write gun control laws. When they came out and publicly opposed and ran down the Texas open carry movement a few years ago, that was the last straw for me. Piss on the NRA.

Sorry Guy, I have to agree with barnabus, you are an idiot.

If the NRA dies off the Texas open carry thing will be nothing, since you won't own anything that goes bang anyway!......Wake up......

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Man
Originally Posted by Stophel
Sorry Guy, I have to agree with barnabus, you are an idiot.If the NRA dies off the Texas open carry thing will be nothing, since you won't own anything that goes bang anyway!......Wake up......
I am a life member, but I'm through with the NRA except that I'm staying in to help remove the thieves that run the organization. We have allowed them to rob and completely neuter a once politically powerful organization.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Old_Man
[quote=Stophel]I am NOT a Libertarian, and I have no use for the NRA either. Collaborators and capitulators. They have quite a long history of being complicit in gun control, and helping to write gun control laws. When they came out and publicly opposed and ran down the Texas open carry movement a few years ago, that was the last straw for me. Piss on the NRA.
Sorry Guy, I have to agree with barnabus, you are an idiot.If the NRA dies off the Texas open carry thing will be nothing, since you won't own anything that goes bang anyway!......Wake up......
I am a life member, but I'm through with the NRA except that I'm staying in to help remove the thieves that run the organization. We have allowed them to rob and completely neuter a once politically powerful organization

That is a position I can respect. You are not throwing the rest of us under the bus, you are making it known the NRA has some problems and you are among those willing to clean it up.

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Clearly, there is nothing to see in the NYAG statement:

Wayne LaPierre – Executive Vice-President

In his nearly three decades as executive vice-president, Wayne LaPierre ran the day-to-day operations of the NRA and exploited the organization for his and his family’s financial benefit, and the benefit of a close circle of NRA staff, board members, and vendors. Of note, LaPierre:

Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of the NRA’s charitable assets for private plane trips for himself and his family, including extended family when he was not present.
Visited the Bahamas by private air charter at least eight times in an approximate three-year period with his family, at a cost of more than $500,000 to the NRA. On many of those trips, LaPierre and his family were gifted the use of a 107-foot yacht owned by an NRA vendor.
Traveled to Africa with his wife for all-expense paid safaris, gifted by an NRA vendor.
Spent millions on unwarranted travel consultants for decades, including for the booking of luxury black car services — spending more than $3.6 million in the last two years alone.
Secured a post-employment contract for himself with the NRA, without board approval, currently valued at more than $17 million.
Allotted several millions of dollars annually in NRA funds for private security costs for himself and his family without sufficient oversight on their use.
Received more than $1.2 million in expense reimbursements in just a four-year period for expenditures that included gifts for favored friends and vendors; travel expenses for himself and his family; and membership fees at golf clubs, hotels, and other member clubs.
Secured lucrative consulting contracts for ex-employees and board members worth millions.
The complaint alleges that as executive vice-president, LaPierre handpicked individuals in senior staff positions at the NRA that have shown themselves to be loyal to LaPierre as an individual, rather than to the organization. Time and time again, LaPierre has shown that loyalty, more than competence and responsibility, is integral to his staffing picks, which led him to personally hire Phillips, Powell, and Frazer — some chosen despite failing to meet the necessary skills or experience for their respective roles and responsibilities.

Wilson “Woody” Phillips – Former Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer

Woody Phillips — the former treasurer and CFO, who was responsible for managing the books and financial operations of the NRA — engaged in practices that violated NRA policy, lied on financial disclosure forms, and set up a deal worth more than $1 million that benefitted his girlfriend. Just before his retirement in 2018, Phillips obtained a contract for himself worth $1.8 million, purportedly for monthly consulting services to the incoming treasurer, even though the current treasurer knew nothing about this contract and has confirmed that “Woody [Phillips] never consulted for me.” Phillips, having served in the capacity as the chief steward of the organization's finances, also oversaw the financial practices that allowed millions of dollars in entertainment and travel expenses incurred by NRA executives to be fraudulently billed to the NRA as disbursements by the NRA’s largest vendor: Ackerman McQueen, an Oklahoma-based advertising and public relations firm. Furthermore, the complaint asserts that Phillips consistently eschewed his fiduciary duties time and time again, as evidenced by his failure to seriously respond to whistleblower complaints about alleged fiscal improprieties and his readiness to unilaterally authorize payments and contracts outside of the NRA adopted purchasing and contracting policies and procedures.

Joshua Powell – Former Chief of Staff and Executive Director of General Operations

Joshua Powell, the chief of staff to LaPierre, was terminated after just 3.5 years for, among other things, misappropriating NRA funds during his tenure. Powell, who is known as a LaPierre loyalist, received sudden and substantial salary increases almost immediately after starting his position. Within a month, his salary was doubled retroactively to the beginning of his tenure with the NRA to $500,000. After less than a year, Powell’s salary increased to $650,000. A little over two years into the job, Powell’s salary more than tripled from the original $250,000 to $800,000, despite numerous complaints of abusive behavior and evidence of illegal conduct and inappropriate spending. Further, Powell abused the NRA’s policy on housing and relocation reimbursements, pocketing in excess of $100,000 more than NRA rules allowed.

Powell’s tenure was marked by nepotism. LaPierre, Phillips, and Powell also signed off on the hiring of fundraising consultant McKenna & Associates outside of the NRA’s contract process and without going through any approval process. The NRA paid the company more than $5 million over the course of five years. For all of 2018, Powell’s wife was hired as a consultant by McKenna & Associates, and her entire $30,000 monthly consulting fee was passed through the NRA. The hiring of Powell’s wife was hidden from the NRA’s general counsel, in an effort to not draw attention to and affirmatively hide the conflict of interest, and her role was not pre-approved by the NRA board, as the organization’s policy requires. Additionally, Powell requested an NRA vendor to add his father to a rotation of paid photographers, resulting in more than $90,000 in compensation for his father, an expense which was completely passed through to the NRA.

John Frazer – Corporate Secretary and General Counsel

John Frazer was chosen by LaPierre to serve as general counsel and also served as corporate secretary at the NRA. Between 2014 and 2018, Frazer repeatedly failed to comply with board governance procedures, make necessary changes, or advise others that governance changes needed to be made; failed to ensure that financial transactions were being addressed by NRA officers and directors in accordance with law; failed to enforce compliance with the NRA’s conflict of interest policy; and failed to ensure that the NRA was in compliance with laws and policies governing whistleblowers. Additionally, Frazer repeatedly certified false or misleading annual statements.

T
T
With the release of the first episode of the Defending Our America series titled �Know Your Enemies and Know Yourself� the National Rifle Association (NRA) puts itself at the forefront of the shills for tyranny and empire.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/know-enemy-of-liberty-national-rifle.html

I was a lobbyist for the NRA. We all know it is corrupt; we know they compromise; they sell us out. They are not the be all. Neal Knox tried to get me to stay in the NRA after he ran to be president and failed. He stayed. Nothing has changed. America has moved left on gun Rights and that includes gun owners (who now think the Second Amendment is a privilege (as per nutjobs like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and John Roberts). Let's quit crying over spilled milk. Gun Owners of America needs your help. The time we spend fretting over a disgraced organization of political propaganda prostitutes is less time we can spend developing some crime prevention measures to put before Congress every time the liberals scream gun control.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheResister

I was a lobbyist for the NRA. We all know it is corrupt; we know they compromise; they sell us out. They are not the be all. Neal Knox tried to get me to stay in the NRA after he ran to be president and failed. He stayed. Nothing has changed. America has moved left on gun Rights and that includes gun owners (who now think the Second Amendment is a privilege (as per nutjobs like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and John Roberts). Let's quit crying over spilled milk. Gun Owners of America needs your help. The time we spend fretting over a disgraced organization of political propaganda prostitutes is less time we can spend developing some crime prevention measures to put before Congress every time the liberals scream gun control.

A-men to this right here.

What are your thoughts on the Republican Party's role in all this?

Some humor...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Fiddy; 01/08/21.
S
S
We must also well-educate our children that the government cannot be trusted. YOu must not trust anything you hear until you have done your own research and found out the truth for yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The enemy is the left and they now own the Democratic Party. Yes, the NRA has problems, but they still are the biggest and baddest dog we have in the fight. Let’s fight to correct and change it, but not do what the NYS Attorney General wants to do and kill it. We conservatives need to stop the circular firing squad.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
The enemy is the left and they now own the Democratic Party. Yes, the NRA has problems, but they still are the biggest and baddest dog we have in the fight. Let’s fight to correct and change it, but not do what the NYS Attorney General wants to do and kill it. We conservatives need to stop the circular firing squad.

Good post.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
T
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by TheResister

A-men to this right here.

What are your thoughts on the Republican Party's role in all this?

Some humor...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Reply / Quote feature may not be working right. The Republican Party does not care about your gun Rights. In the last session of the Georgia legislature, I submitted a proposed piece of legislation that would lower the recidivism rates, deal with potential shooters before they acted - AND NO, WE ARE NOT TALKING RED FLAG LAWS, and lower firearm violence without gun control. Instead the Republican Georgia Senators I lobbied submitted "hate crimes" legislation and it was defeated - AND they lost their jobs to Democrats.

T
T
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook

Good post.

GOA (Gun Owners of America) is the real pro-gun lobby in America. The liberals look at the toothless tiger, the NRA, and say the bigger they are the harder they fall. I'm just a lowly dues payer of GOA and there is nobody on the left that will meet me on a level playing field to debate gun laws. What would they do if faced with a spokesman for GOA? The NRA? Maxine Waters could take their best on.

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Ok, I surely haven't read all the Posts here. Sorry, but doubt any to change my view of the NRA! Life member since 1958... Really. Endowment Member presently! And disgusted.

There's a general proposition seeming ever true. Power corrupts and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Wayne La Pierre, has been in power of the NRA since early nineties. That alone is ridiculous! "Fresh blood", also more than just a saying. Folks in power getting entrenched, even the better folks; generally bad. La Pierre's self centered management of the NRA, his accumulation of heel clicking staff participating in management 'his' style; a "regime". Well known, gross misuse of funds for personal purposes such as family travel essentially exotic vacations; super multi-million dollar retirement package; wielding power to maintain absolute control. He's about done it all as 'us' -myself included - ignoring all the signs. Most of us wanting to continue to believe; moreover what other organization as alternative? "THE NRA", simply the pinnacle of gun control opposition... But needing to add "at a price". The price as disclosed strong inferences of corruption, instantly too high. A corrupt organization, hardly any kind of flagship for Constitutional rights!

I personally stopped supporting NRA better part of twenty years ago. Then, a wait and see position. Expecting new management and clean sweep. Never happening! My last contribution as I became a Benefactor Member. Not a penny since. The problem inherent. La Pierre as so ingrained himself in the NRA, the reputation of the organization, largely an extension of the La Pierre "persona". Inseparable. And there he sits yet today. There should be a grass roots movement to oust him with a plan for worthy replacement at hand. Someone well known and respected; possibly retired military flag officer. Most important, a man who can communicate with both sides of the aisle; miraculously without compromising virtue!

My choice to assume NRA Command: Admiral McRaven, up from the ranks as Navy Seal, to Four Star retirement! Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc

Instead of sitting, howling about NRA failed leadership, or seeming worse to me, blinding ignoring... Do something! Here, I'm suggesting. Maybe YOU can do better! At eighty years, myself passing the torch! smile

Best & Stay Safe.
John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fact that you think McRaven we be a good choice to lead the NRA, or is in any way concerned about out gun rights, makes me think that, like him, you supported Biden as a candidate.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.