Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
WOW... this thread was NEVER meant to be one about hunting ethics... Game Wardens... or rifle calibers... it's about LYING... and CONFESSING.

Everything was good between us all as we walked out of the woods... but when he asked me the point blank question about 3 shots and only 2 deer... that was when I broke down and had to confess the truth and not tell anymore half truths... or white lies. I had to come clean for the sake of my own soul whether they understood that or not.

I tell people all the time that if you want World Peace, then we could have it after pushing the button that made it impossible for mankind to tell any kind of lie. Eventually Peace would come after the Hell Dust settled. Heaven does not tolerate any kind of lying, and each of us are suppose to live a Heavenly type life here and now, because every lie spins the world into the evil direction that it's now spinning in. Every truth that Man tells, cancels out someone's lie, but there is so much lying and evil that it becomes Greater every moment. The World is out of control, and the Biggest part is caused by lying to the point that it's understood and normal... just like unholy sex.

Lying is so normal that most people would have to quit their job if they couldn't lie or deceive. How many things do we own that are the direct results of lying to get it. Are all our bank accounts, houses, cars, couch and chairs, the fruits of lying to our fellow neighbors or on our jobs. How can we enjoy these things unless our Souls are Dead. I use to be Dead, but now I'm trying to live outside of the Dead... and live in the Life of Christ, who teaches me how I can live in a realm of Abundant Life. Sure, I slip and fall... but I DON'T make a practice of it. One who practices it as a lifestyle is Dead...NOT ALIVE... but a ZOMBIE.
It's easy to take the path of least resistant. Compromise is the normal way of life that causes all the evil to live and flourish. I don't want to be part of the problem, but rather part of the solution. Truth cancels out lies. Light cancels out Darkness. Forgiveness cancels out punishment. Repentance cancels out Judgement. Jesus cancels out Satan.
I didn't post this thread in order to get anyone's forgiveness or understanding... I wrote it to say..." Hey Guys... there is a better...cleaner...and more rewarding way of life than to continue down the road of lying and deception... along with ALL it's compromises.

Jesus forgives me... and He will forgive you too... if you just ask Him.

PS... I DON'T expect everyone to understand this kind of truth.... some are just to much given over to evil.

Last edited by DanBrothers; 12/10/18.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
OP, you did the right thing in the end.

μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
unholy sex sounds fun?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do I hear helicopters?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a WEIRD thread, whether true or not. I got a bad vibe from the start.

I have shot at critters and had them run, only to to see them (or I think it is them) 50 or so yards further into the trees, still standing. I've held off shooting again, because I wasn't sure if it was the same critter ir not. Sometimes it has been the wrong choice, but usually it was the right choice.

Allah Akbar!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a friend who did something similar. I wasn't present and it was many years ago but he told me the story. He saw a buck at a distance in Pennsylvania woods (Probably 40 years ago). He took a shot. Upon shooting (30-06 I think) he saw what he thought was the buck running away. He shot again and it dropped. When he got on site he had killed 2 bucks. You are only allowed one buck per year in PA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
Attached my two public land does tags and drug them down the hill in the opposite direction of my van, so I could drive around to them instead of a long drag back to my van... making for a closer drag with two deer to the closer road. As I'm walking back to my van... I'm thinking about what am I going to do with that yearling. I NEVER WASTE game, but what was I going to do.... and I wasn't happy about even shooting that second doe because one is enough per hunt ... NOT TWO .... let alone three. At my van the Badge Boys showed up with many questions.

I almost believed this bullchit story until I hit the part about the van.... laugh

You story was almost holding up until that point. Ya gotta get the detail right if your gonna tell a BS story and expect people to believe it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You know you don’t really get credit for doing the right thing if you ask for and expect “attaboys” from people.

Bobby Jones once called a penalty on himself for an imperceptible ball movement no one else saw. Later after trying to talk Jones out of calling a
penalty on himself, tournament officials and the press complimented him on his honesty. Jones refused their congratulations and said that they might as well congratulate him for not robbing a bank on the way to the golf course that morning.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/10/18.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If I found myself in that position I would have simply stayed in the woods, whipped out my cell phone and called any one of numerous friends and relatives that I knew had doe tags and told them to come tag one.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Theeck
I have a friend who did something similar. I wasn't present and it was many years ago but he told me the story. He saw a buck at a distance in Pennsylvania woods (Probably 40 years ago). He took a shot. Upon shooting (30-06 I think) he saw what he thought was the buck running away. He shot again and it dropped. When he got on site he had killed 2 bucks. You are only allowed one buck per year in PA.

The OP's story may be made up. I always assumed my friend was telling me a tale until I read this thread and thought "oh, I guess that does happen." Hopefully both stories are for entertainment purposes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This thread has to go at least 10 pages. laugh

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I tend to shoot the mother first. Makes picking of her “dinks” easy. My limit for 3 of us was something like 8 a day in 50-60 degree Southern weather. Dragging and cleaning that many in a few hours before they spoil was punishment even with tags. I think in SC bucks can be as many as you shoot but does are limited in quantity and “Doe Days”. I worked there for a few years. NC was 4 Bucks then and 6 total with 2 doe tags extra for every $10. They’ve gone to 2 Bucks/4 does since before $10 tags start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
unholy sex sounds fun?

I tried unholy sex.......it was glorious.

Vinny

P.S. I'm not putting down holy sex, btw.
Some of those married holy roller babes are filthy.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This thread has to go at least 10 pages. laugh

smile

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had no idea so many in this thread were from SC. Way to represent! Now all this flooding starts to makes sense.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by wageslave
unholy sex sounds fun?

Vinny

Leviticus 18:22

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by wageslave
unholy sex sounds fun?

Vinny

Leviticus 18:22

Duh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
WOW... this thread was NEVER meant to be one about hunting ethics... Game Wardens... or rifle calibers... it's about LYING... and CONFESSING.

Everything was good between us all as we walked out of the woods... but when he asked me the point blank question about 3 shots and only 2 deer... that was when I broke down and had to confess the truth and not tell anymore half truths... or white lies. I had to come clean for the sake of my own soul whether they understood that or not.

I tell people all the time that if you want World Peace, then we could have it after pushing the button that made it impossible for mankind to tell any kind of lie. Eventually Peace would come after the Hell Dust settled. Heaven does not tolerate any kind of lying, and each of us are suppose to live a Heavenly type life here and now, because every lie spins the world into the evil direction that it's now spinning in. Every truth that Man tells, cancels out someone's lie, but there is so much lying and evil that it becomes Greater every moment. The World is out of control, and the Biggest part is caused by lying to the point that it's understood and normal... just like unholy sex.

Lying is so normal that most people would have to quit their job if they couldn't lie or deceive. How many things do we own that are the direct results of lying to get it. Are all our bank accounts, houses, cars, couch and chairs, the fruits of lying to our fellow neighbors or on our jobs. How can we enjoy these things unless our Souls are Dead. I use to be Dead, but now I'm trying to live outside of the Dead... and live in the Life of Christ, who teaches me how I can live in a realm of Abundant Life. Sure, I slip and fall... but I DON'T make a practice of it. One who practices it as a lifestyle is Dead...NOT ALIVE... but a ZOMBIE.
It's easy to take the path of least resistant. Compromise is the normal way of life that causes all the evil to live and flourish. I don't want to be part of the problem, but rather part of the solution. Truth cancels out lies. Light cancels out Darkness. Forgiveness cancels out punishment. Repentance cancels out Judgement. Jesus cancels out Satan.
I didn't post this thread in order to get anyone's forgiveness or understanding... I wrote it to say..." Hey Guys... there is a better...cleaner...and more rewarding way of life than to continue down the road of lying and deception... along with ALL it's compromises.

Jesus forgives me... and He will forgive you too... if you just ask Him.

PS... I DON'T expect everyone to understand this kind of truth.... some are just to much given over to evil.

I put on my tinfoil hat, just in case....The Lord may forgive you for your sins, but he's pizzed you're stupid.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.