Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I was sneaking around in the woods today when I heard a deer blow up the hill near a windfall blowdown. My Binos revealed a doe kinda looking towards me at about 90 yds. I steadied my Tikka 7mag across a deadfall limb near me, and took the shot. Then I saw deer body move through the limbs... I aimed and shot again... then more body parts moving around.. so i shot again and it flopped over. WOW... I got one. Upon inspection... three deer lay behind the blowdown... two does and a yearling. I then panicked and hid the yearling under another windfall. Attached my two public land does tags and drug them down the hill in the opposite direction of my van, so I could drive around to them instead of a long drag back to my van... making for a closer drag with two deer to the closer road. As I'm walking back to my van... I'm thinking about what am I going to do with that yearling. I NEVER WASTE game, but what was I going to do.... and I wasn't happy about even shooting that second doe because one is enough per hunt ... NOT TWO .... let alone three. At my van the Badge Boys showed up with many questions. I instantly told them the story about the two does, and that one was an accident, in case two per day was illegal.,,which it's not... but i wasn't sure. They wanted to see the gut piles... where I shot from... and where the does lay... so I took them back and showed them everything except the yearling. The whole time my gut was turning over and over as the Holy Spirit was convicting me of that lie. Finally one guy said.. you shot three times and only killed two deer... I said yes sir... but then after walking another 10 steps I stopped, turned around to them and said... no... I killed three, and that I cannot lie about it any longer...do what you must, but I cannot tell you another lie. I then showed them the yearling and all hell broke loose with them and with my conscience of guilt for denying the Lord with that lie.

I tried to explain that both second and third deer were accidents... but it was all about the deception and lie... which I totally understood. I knew I had to come clean in order to live clean, because lying is never a part of my lifestyle. I'm always preaching against lying, and I knew i would be tested, but when it came, I folded and failed.
But now as I type this confession... I feel better inside... even though it will cost me money in court next month... but that's okay because money can NEVER be worth more than a clean conscience. On the drive home all I could think of was Bible Scriptures about satan being the Father of those who lie, and that no liars will ever enter Heaven... and the worst part was that I had denied the Lord... and that right there is what broke me up... and still breaks me up. Confession really is good for the Soul... and NOW... my soul feels good again with His Peace and Forgiveness.

I'm not sure why I'm revealing my sin today, but maybe someone can relate to it and find peace again.

Thanks Guys... May Jesus Bless You All in Many Ways.... Dan

PS... the testing of our faith is REALLY GOOD FOR US... even though it hurts... but only for a moment... eternity is nothing to play with... or dismiss.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So, what did we learn?

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hell, I just aim at schit moving around in the woods and shoot. That's hunting!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We all make mistakes.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good on ya Dan for coming clean. Honesty is always the best policy. You will be forgiven.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, all liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire so honesty is always the best policy.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You did the right thing. I admire you for being a man and owning your mistakes. May God bless you

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, I’m a little lost here. Two deer in a day is not illegal, so why did they even want to go back and see where you killed them?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Odd story.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Calvin
Odd story.

Like many I have read of his.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hmmm...

Not sure what to make of that. Lying...

I do know you should be sure of what the hell you're shooting at. Body parts? Really? You should thank your lucky stars it wasn't another hunter. This is a good example to teach my Hunter Safety students. Unbelievable.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You aren't using "yearling" to mean fawn are you? Because a female yearling is just another doe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's admirable that you confessed, but why did you spill your guts in the first place? Just because a warden asks questions does not mean you have to answer. If he has evidence to prosecute you for an offence, let him prosecute, but don't hand them free information that may help lead to your conviction.

Wardens make most of their cases through Hunter verbal diarrhea.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I give you credit for admitting what you did but you ought to be a little more careful about what you are shooting at. Don’t think I would ever hunt with someone that shoots that indiscriminately. Part of your fine should be a hunter safety class refresher.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So, I’m a little lost here. Two deer in a day is not illegal, so why did they even want to go back and see where you killed them?

Wondering the same thing. I also don't think 3 shots at 2 deer is terribly unusual. Sounds like the warden was itching to write someone up.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

My guess is that they probably wanted to see if he was baiting. Its legal in SC on private land but if IIRC not on WMA's.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
I give you credit for admitting what you did but you ought to be a little more careful about what you are shooting at. Don’t think I would ever hunt with someone that shoots that indiscriminately. Part of your fine should be a hunter safety class refresher.

Yup. Never wise to shoot unless you're certain what you're shooting at, no matter how many tags you have, and even if you're sure about the daily limit, which apparently our boy wasn't. Hopefully, he'll get a grip on his excitement or grow some smarts before he ventures out again. It's only a deer, and once you send that bullet on its way there's no calling it back, not to mention that not every brown thing moving around in the bushes is neccessarily a deer.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook

Yup. Never wise to shoot unless you're certain what you're shooting at, no matter how many tags you have, and even if you're sure about the daily limit, which apparently our boy wasn't. Hopefully, he'll get a grip on his excitement or grow some smarts before he ventures out again. It's only a deer, and once you send that bullet on its way there's no calling it back, not to mention that not every brown thing moving around in the bushes is neccessarily a deer.

The day I learned pulling the trigger 3 times in 10 seconds is short lived fun....the work is back breaking and hours long...lesson learned
Tags for all and completely legal just dumb

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, MY limit is one a day, because these days transportation to my car is strictly via Pappy Power, and one is about all I've got in me these days.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U should not have shared this, until you thought about it more.

Weird.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What a hoot!!!!

That Southern Baptist stuff can obviously get in the way of having a good time. Makes me glad to be a Presbyterian Yankee.

Should be interesting to read what all the holly rollers are going to come up with.

Addition: Don't feel bad, had an Uncle and a Cousin and both put seven down in short order. Of course they did it on purpose. Kind of a family record that will stand for a looooong time. Mother's side anyway.

Addition2: Both now dead and Rem 760's. If only obviously with it being Pa.

Last edited by battue; 12/05/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think he's still lying.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He needs to send the fine here and all will be right again....Heck, he won't even take his license. If he sends enough....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue

[Linked Image]

smile

One of the 80's finest television actors..........

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
U should not have shared this, until you thought about it more.

Weird.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm leaving to hunt now and I have a Doe tag that I had no intention of using. I may have to shoot one and perhaps it will help him to heal.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow

Yeah. This.

Skip all the rest of the story and fast forward to shooting at body parts through the brush...

Holy Schitt.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I particularly liked the part about hiding the dink...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Wow

Yeah. This.

Skip all the rest of the story and fast forward to shooting at body parts through the brush...

Holy Schitt.....

Holy F.ukk!

Well, at least they weren't "sound shots."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good on you for coming clean, bet you will be much more careful from now on. Takes guts to admit openly when you fail.

MM

Ps. Had this happen once shooting a doe with open sights, I shot racked the savage 99 and she was still standing in the exact spot so I assumed I missed and shot again ( bout 100 yards) and she went down. Went to collect her and two deer were laying side by side. I had two tags but was completely unaware of the other deer even being there.

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 12/05/18.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I could have done that one time, we were on a deer drive, I was one of the guys doing the pushing, saw a deer jump up and run, no shot, had a doe tag, in a hilly area, get to the top of the hill and see Brown and white in some brush, But something just didnt seem right, I couldnt see what it was should have been the deer I jumped. Its was moveing across from me, so I moved forward, it was an older guy I was in my 20s back them he was dressed in BROWN coveralls, with WHITE gloves, that came half way up his for arms, and a dark red plaid hat. It shook me, I screamed at him are you Stupid or just trying to commit Suicide! you sposed to be wearing ORANGE I had orange vest and gloves on and thru my Gloves at him and told him to put them on. he just said thanks I guess I wasnt thinking! I quit hunting and got drunk! there was a guy on that drive that would have probly shot him! Chit can Happand very fast!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Was a 340 Tyrannosaur involved?

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Just because animals keep getting up or appearing is no reason to keep shooting. Had a local carrying a cow tag that got into an elk herd. Nothing fell, so he kept firing. Ended up with 5 down when he ran out of ammo. He came to town looking for folks with tags. Seems about 1/2 of those contacted turned him in.

Another once nailed two bighorn. Shot, it went down, then stood back up. Hit it a second time, and ended up with two. Not good as he tried to get away with it and lost both sheep. Once in a lifetime tag here.

An expensive way for one to learn that lesson, but at least no one else was harmed. Be sure of ones target.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/05/18.

1Minute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
So, what did we learn?

domt eat the mushrooms a stranger gives you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LOL... LOL...LOL.... some of you Guys are really funny.

There is not a person on this board that would not have taken that shot at the doe looking towards him through the limbs of that windfall. There was no hunter or danger standing there looking towards me... just a deer face. After I got back into the scope after the shot, I see what looked like the same deer move left a couple of feet. Thinking I missed or got bullet reflection from those limbs, I aimed better and shot again. After getting back into the scope after that shot, I see this same deer a little more to the left, but in a more open area. Upon that shot, it fell over. I never knew there was more than one deer. I thought I was missing for some odd reason. It's amazing how many thoughts flash through your mind during those melt down situations. I always prepare to drag one out, but not more, and this was a disappointment to me, because now I'm done hunting on WMA land with my 5 deer tagged out limit... it's only private land now... which I only have a 18 acre and 34 acre spot.
I found out that the wardens wanted to see the gut piles and shooting spot because there was some private land that ran back through there and thought I might be on the wrong side of the line... which I wasn't.... and... they thought I might be baiting on public land... which I wasn't. They looked at everything and were satisfied, and as we were walking out and he asked me about the three shots and only two deer, and after that bold face lie, conviction and guilt grabbed my heart and made me surrender the truth no matter what the cost.... and my Soul is the Better for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Can he still enter it in Dinkathon?

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
LOL... LOL...LOL.... some of you Guys are really funny.

There is not a person on this board that would not have taken that shot at the doe looking towards him through the limbs of that windfall. There was no hunter or danger standing there looking towards me... just a deer face. After I got back into the scope after the shot, I see what looked like the same deer move left a couple of feet. Thinking I missed or got bullet reflection from those limbs, I aimed better and shot again. After getting back into the scope after that shot, I see this same deer a little more to the left, but in a more open area. Upon that shot, it fell over. I never knew there was more than one deer. I thought I was missing for some odd reason. It's amazing how many thoughts flash through your mind during those melt down situations. I always prepare to drag one out, but not more, and this was a disappointment to me, because now I'm done hunting on WMA land with my 5 deer tagged out limit... it's only private land now... which I only have a 18 acre and 34 acre spot.
I found out that the wardens wanted to see the gut piles and shooting spot because there was some private land that ran back through there and thought I might be on the wrong side of the line... which I wasn't.... and... they thought I might be baiting on public land... which I wasn't. They looked at everything and were satisfied, and as we were walking out and he asked me about the three shots and only two deer, and after that bold face lie, conviction and guilt grabbed my heart and made me surrender the truth no matter what the cost.... and my Soul is the Better for it.

You still think your mistake was lying. NO. That was a cover for your mistake, which was irresponsible shooting. If you can't hear that, Jesus ain't gonna help you. You are responsible for every bullet that leaves your firearm.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You were embroiled in a situation where you still were not sure of your particular target, even if you knew you were looking at a deer.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
H & S hit it, I mean really ,if you didn't want to kill [bleep] with 1 shot WTF are you using a 7 mm Mag for? Are you related to Paddler? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not many deer here in Michigan would stand around after getting shot at.

At any rate.... Nice shooting ,Dan !

Did they take your deer from you ?

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Odd story.

Yup. My bullchit meter is pegged.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

LOL.... your Guys...LOL. What on earth could I be hiding now....LOL.

After they understood the mistake, they allowed me to keep the deer, and all 3 are now hanging in a cooler for the next 2 weeks.

I couldn't see them falling down behind the tree truck of that blowdown during and after the recoil. They must have been bedded down behind it and stood up upon the first deer blowing. They must have been bunched up together because they were all right in that same area of a few feet... that's why I thought it was all the same deer... but with poor shooting my my part.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Since we are fessing up I porked a fat girl I met at closing time in a bar
I never told anyone
Whew I feed better now....I did then too but only after I left burnt rubber tire tracks out of her trailer park

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I never told anyone
Whew I feed better now....I did then too but only after I left burnt rubber tire tracks out of her trailer park

Only 1????

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I never told anyone

Only 1????

That night yes

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Something similar happened to a member of my club opening day. She called the game wardens on herself and they were happy to write the ticket.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, what did we learn?

Be a good marksman and trust your shot placement.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Something similar happened to a member of my club opening day. She called the game wardens on herself and they were happy to write the ticket.

She slept with a fat girl?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Odd story.

You boys need to see the YT vid about exorcism he has posted.....

"PLEASE EXCUSE the bad quality of this Video... the playback heads on the camera starting acting up for the first time as we uploaded it.....SORRY. This Video is not to scare anyone... but it was made to explain the TRUTH about demon spirits in the airways around people... and about evil spirits living on, and inside people. "

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never told anyone

Only 1????

That night yes

good schitt.

Have Dog

Will Travel

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Just because animals keep getting up or appearing is no reason to keep shooting. Had a local carrying a cow tag that got into an elk herd. Nothing fell, so he kept firing. Ended up with 5 down when he ran out of ammo. He came to town looking for folks with tags. Seems about 1/2 of those contacted turned him in.

Was it Bill Busbice?

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Least he didnt do what this guy did. I imagine the situation was similar.

https://the-journal.com/articles/11...uzV_qvreK2q4ajSXKF0gsnsuUUQCqMktx8EG7z8A

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Everyone knows unless you shoot um in the head or stab them in the brain with a knife they keep getting up and won't die

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope we aren't talking about the fat chick still.

smile

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I never told anyone

Only 1????

That night yes

good schitt.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I hope we aren't talking about the fat chick still.

smile

I think I saw that story on Forensic Files..they never caught Dan...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, what did we learn?

Never hunt with Jesus.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
Wow

Yeah. This.

Holy Schitt.....

Holy F.ukk!

LMFAO

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

I think he's still lying.

I’d have believed ten shots zero deer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Wow

Yeah. This.

Holy Schitt.....

Holy F.ukk!

I think this is the first time I’ve seen you swear...Yeah, I suggest taking up fishing. It’s Christ like and definitely safer for other hunters than your convicted soul roaming around in the woods with a firearm...Holy F.ukk 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suggest next time........

Bone out all three of them into indiscernible pieces....

Pack them out all congealed in pillow cases.....

Or maybe one pillow case?

Job done......

Very very weird......

P.S.

Stashing the dink is hilarious!

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/05/18.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This thread has lots of “what not to do” stuff for many a hunters education class. Wow.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

LOL.... WOW....LOL Some of the logic here makes me think of the O.J. Simpson Trial....LOL.

What could be thought of as shooting blindly? Shot 1 is at her face.. shot 2 is at her shoulder 2 ft to the left.. shot 3 is now mid body a couple of ft more to the left. I thought it was all the same deer moving slightly to the left as I was missing it. What's the chance that after missing the does face that all of a sudden a man is hauling out a deer on his back behind that same blowdown at this same moment....LOL... O.J. all the way....LOL. Besides they weren't blind shots... they were dead deer kill shots... nothing blind about 3 shots... 3 kills.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

"Shot 1 is at her face"

John Gotti needed more guys like you

My take is you don't have enough respect for an animal or a shred of common sense and should never hunt again

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

LOL.... WOW....LOL Some of the logic here makes me think of the O.J. Simpson Trial....LOL.

What could be thought of as shooting blindly? Shot 1 is at her face.. shot 2 is at her shoulder 2 ft to the left.. shot 3 is now mid body a couple of ft more to the left. I thought it was all the same deer moving slightly to the left as I was missing it. What's the chance that after missing the does face that all of a sudden a man is hauling out a deer on his back behind that same blowdown at this same moment....LOL... O.J. all the way....LOL. Besides they weren't blind shots... they were dead deer kill shots... nothing blind about 3 shots... 3 kills.

OJ trial? Are you now admitting that you had a hand in the death of your ex-wife and her Jewish boyfriend? How deep does this rabbit hole go, Dan?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
oh and prayers sent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Taking the OP at his word that the story is not made up, I’ll try offer some feedback without judgement.

His mistake and lack of judgement bothered him and he admitted it and accepted responsibility. How many people will report themselves to the DNR after a hunting screw up? Stood up and accepted the consequences.

24HCF is not the place to tell the story and the OP opens himself up to all things mentioned.

Loose the 7mm Mag as it’s not needed where the OP hunts. I hunt near that area and the mags are not needed. A big buck is going to be 160 to 180, average 130 and does 90 to 105. Mild calibers or 30 cals with 150 g bullets are plenty even over a cutover.

Don’t know the hunting skills of the OP but suggest he starts letting deer walk and not shoot, mental game to condition yourself to plan your shot even if it means you don’t take it. In the SC timber and cutovers you don’t get a lot of time to shoot and people tend to rush it and then the excitement takes over and mistakes are made. Better hunting skills are in order. Ask the Game Warden if you can tag along sometime if the OP doesn’t have access to more skilled hunters.

It’s a reminder to know your target and call your shot. If you have two doe tags, shoot twice. Hunting season here lasts from September to January 1st so come back another day and hunt if you only get one.

I got hyped up once after 2 hours of rain, cold and wet when a doe came out. I shot and it was way too small. I put a doe tag on it and took it to the processor. There was another hunter there and he said, “that’d be a nice deer when it growd up”. I decided to become a better hunter after that. Some would say the guy was a smart ass but he had a point....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
“that’d be a nice deer when it growd up”

Tell him it wouldn't be veal then wink

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Forget about a man being there. Let's say there isn't one. How about whether or not you actually missed? You don't get the part about a cease fire until you know what's the true situation re the deer you fired upon?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This whole thread is not about the accidental killing of 3 deer with 3 shots... nor is it about the Game Wardens trying to do their job... it's about lying to get out of trouble, yet later on confessing up to the truth and facing up to one self and to the law.

For many years I was the BEST of sinners and could blaspheme and tell lies with the best of them. Then one night I heard a preacher on tv say that Jesus was knocking at the door of my heart, and that He was waiting on me to open the door and let Him in so that He could forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with His Presence. I knelt down in my living room floor and cried out... Oh Jesus... If you really love me, then Please forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with your Presence. Man O Man... it was like someone threw a blanket of pure love over me and wrapped me up with forgiveness... tears flowed as sins were watched away. The next morning was Sunday and I realized that I had a new desire to go to Church... and now the preacher made sense for the first time. I even received a tender conscience that convicted me about lying, stealing, drinking, drugging, whoring around and especially with married women. Wrong sex now became more dirty than I use to understand. It became harder to lie because the Holy Spirit now inside me was convicting me. I've had my ups and downs trying to walk out this Christian Life, and thought I had it together until I lied about that dink. That was my only sin to the Wardens.. to myself... and to the Lord. Guilt was eating me up during our walking around in the woods. I knew I had to confess up but was like Peter who denied Jesus 3 times... fearful and chicken and too self centered. When I confessed, it seemed like Heaven and Peace came back into my soul... and all fears left me.

That night lying in bed, all I could think about was my lying part, and how I was denying the Lord during that lie. Then this thought came to me... " A SOUL that is NOT convicted about lying... is a DEAD SOUL... your Soul is alive right now because I AM in you, and you are in Me... and you shall forever be with Me for all Eternity"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should have become Catholic. A lot easier with a private confession and a few Hail Marry’s for your troubles...😎

“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you hadn't denied common sense up front then there would have been nothing to deny later to yourself, the game wardens or the Lord.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
You should have become Catholic. A lot easier with a private confession and a few Hail Marry’s for your troubles...😎

Easiest religion ever. I drop a check every Sunday - I'm buying my way in baby!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Them there neck of the woods must have lots of roadhouses........

And bored fish cops!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fish cops? I thought they were possum police.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This whole thread is not about the accidental killing of 3 deer with 3 shots... nor is it about the Game Wardens trying to do their job... it's about lying to get out of trouble, yet later on confessing up to the truth and facing up to one self and to the law.

For many years I was the BEST of sinners and could blaspheme and tell lies with the best of them. Then one night I heard a preacher on tv say that Jesus was knocking at the door of my heart, and that He was waiting on me to open the door and let Him in so that He could forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with His Presence. I knelt down in my living room floor and cried out... Oh Jesus... If you really love me, then Please forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with your Presence. Man O Man... it was like someone threw a blanket of pure love over me and wrapped me up with forgiveness... tears flowed as sins were watched away. The next morning was Sunday and I realized that I had a new desire to go to Church... and now the preacher made sense for the first time. I even received a tender conscience that convicted me about lying, stealing, drinking, drugging, whoring around and especially with married women. Wrong sex now became more dirty than I use to understand. It became harder to lie because the Holy Spirit now inside me was convicting me. I've had my ups and downs trying to walk out this Christian Life, and thought I had it together until I lied about that dink. That was my only sin to the Wardens.. to myself... and to the Lord. Guilt was eating me up during our walking around in the woods. I knew I had to confess up but was like Peter who denied Jesus 3 times... fearful and chicken and too self centered. When I confessed, it seemed like Heaven and Peace came back into my soul... and all fears left me.

That night lying in bed, all I could think about was my lying part, and how I was denying the Lord during that lie. Then this thought came to me... " A SOUL that is NOT convicted about lying... is a DEAD SOUL... your Soul is alive right now because I AM in you, and you are in Me... and you shall forever be with Me for all Eternity"

Dan, you're in denial, and still trying to rationalize what happened. It's just that simple. I don't care if you lied to game wardens. They don't own the animals. The government doesn't own the animals. I care that you are packing a gun around and shooting irresponsibly. Yes, it was an error in perception, and we all can have those, but your actual error was not in perception, but in action. You aimed, shot. Then you aimed, shot again. Then you aimed, shot again. Dan, stop shooting. Just stop. You don't know what the hell you're doing, if you are trying to kill one deer, but end up killing three, with three shots. Just stop.

Are you getting it yet, Dan? Or are you still shooting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Are you getting it yet, Dan? Or are you still shooting?

He's at an exorcism right now,
he'll get back to you......after he wipes up the puke.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you drive an Uber Avalanche??

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

nothing blind about 3 shots... 3 kills.

Unless you read the entire first post. Then this is stupid at best.

It was completely blind shooting. You didn't know what you were shooting at.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
At which part of the face do you aim?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

That's kind of personal. laugh

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I let "the doe" decide. Don't you, George?

Thinking about it, she'd be pissed if I hit three with three consecutive shots. It would be a lot worse than lying to some uniforms and stashing a body sounds.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
the whole face.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've shot 6 whitetails here in SC this year with the 162 sst, and they were all in the dirt.. except for one 8 pt buck that ran 15 yds. But I also have to say that I've yet to shoot one the the text book broadside lung area... so I'm not sure if it will make them DRT with that shot or not. I guess my whole PERFECT bullet thread was wanting a bullet that is better than most at making them DRT with lung shots. I know there is no guaranteed bullet.... just one that might be better than others. Head, neck, CNS shots don't count in my book... only super shocker bullets that bounce the ground with dead critters. The next time I get a shot at a deer... i'll try for the text book broadside shot for the test.

Thanks Guys for all your helpful info.... I knew I could depend on the Campfire Boys....LOL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just loaded up 180 SST / 68.0 / 69.0 / & 70.0 grs of H4350, 9 1/2 rem primers, seated to 3.440 which is .030 off lands... surely something here will work... I sure hope it's the loads.... we'll see tomorrow... if not... it will be scope and mount changing time. I've NEVER had a challenge like this before...WOW.

If it works... I'll be so happy that I will give all you helpful Guys a three night, four day vacation in the Keys...LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
I've shot 6 whitetails here in SC this year with the 162 sst, and they were all in the dirt.. except for one 8 pt buck that ran 15 yds. But I also have to say that I've yet to shoot one the the text book broadside lung area... so I'm not sure if it will make them DRT with that shot or not. I guess my whole PERFECT bullet thread was wanting a bullet that is better than most at making them DRT with lung shots. I know there is no guaranteed bullet.... just one that might be better than others. Head, neck, CNS shots don't count in my book... only super shocker bullets that bounce the ground with dead critters. The next time I get a shot at a deer... i'll try for the text book broadside shot for the test.

Thanks Guys for all your helpful info.... I knew I could depend on the Campfire Boys....LOL.

I just loaded up 180 SST / 68.0 / 69.0 / & 70.0 grs of H4350, 9 1/2 rem primers, seated to 3.440 which is .030 off lands... surely something here will work... I sure hope it's the loads.... we'll see tomorrow... if not... it will be scope and mount changing time. I've NEVER had a challenge like this before...WOW.

If it works... I'll be so happy that I will give all you helpful Guys a three night, four day vacation in the Keys...LOL

shocked

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Do you drive an Uber Avalanche??

LMAO

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So what have we learned?
Be honest ?

OK then....

1. Stupid runs rampant in the world and sometimes it even carries a firearm
2. If someone shoots you in the face make sure your friends stay low
3. You can convince yourself that being Irresponsible and unsafe is really cunning and safe
4. Most of all some things are best kept between God and yourself
5. Can't forget a 7Mag to the face may not kill you and require 2 follow up shots

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The OP's story has to be made up, it is not possible for someone to be that stupid and be allowed to own anything sharper then a butter knife.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yep, sounds like a 'poser' to me. Even if not, why in the world would you come onto the web to explain? Looking for forgiveness? Something smells fishy and I'm not even in the boat.

CK
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
T

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just wish he could post photos of all the roadhouse milfs U get 2 bang if u lie to a fish cop.

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
And what if the cops hadn't been there?

No confession I'm thinking, and probably a wasted dink.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Her you go Dan Brothers. A little Southern Baptist Deer dinner music.....

Last edited by battue; 12/06/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue

[Linked Image]

smile

One of the 80's finest television actors..........

I'll see your Swaggart and will raise you a Beck...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TFF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Amen...never stop giving your testimony my Friend. We all mess up at times. But as you did, always keep a short account between you and God!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The Campfire wailing wall and the only thing funnier than this is those who want to fix you. Our own Campfire Brother Jimmy Swaggart. If you need money for the fine, I’m sure there are some fools that will chip in. Perhaps if you show a pic of you dancing with snakes you will get even more. Go full out Congo Square. Holly rollers and Southern Babtists. What a hoot!!!!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
WOW... this thread was NEVER meant to be one about hunting ethics... Game Wardens... or rifle calibers... it's about LYING... and CONFESSING.

Everything was good between us all as we walked out of the woods... but when he asked me the point blank question about 3 shots and only 2 deer... that was when I broke down and had to confess the truth and not tell anymore half truths... or white lies. I had to come clean for the sake of my own soul whether they understood that or not.

I tell people all the time that if you want World Peace, then we could have it after pushing the button that made it impossible for mankind to tell any kind of lie. Eventually Peace would come after the Hell Dust settled. Heaven does not tolerate any kind of lying, and each of us are suppose to live a Heavenly type life here and now, because every lie spins the world into the evil direction that it's now spinning in. Every truth that Man tells, cancels out someone's lie, but there is so much lying and evil that it becomes Greater every moment. The World is out of control, and the Biggest part is caused by lying to the point that it's understood and normal... just like unholy sex.

Lying is so normal that most people would have to quit their job if they couldn't lie or deceive. How many things do we own that are the direct results of lying to get it. Are all our bank accounts, houses, cars, couch and chairs, the fruits of lying to our fellow neighbors or on our jobs. How can we enjoy these things unless our Souls are Dead. I use to be Dead, but now I'm trying to live outside of the Dead... and live in the Life of Christ, who teaches me how I can live in a realm of Abundant Life. Sure, I slip and fall... but I DON'T make a practice of it. One who practices it as a lifestyle is Dead...NOT ALIVE... but a ZOMBIE.
It's easy to take the path of least resistant. Compromise is the normal way of life that causes all the evil to live and flourish. I don't want to be part of the problem, but rather part of the solution. Truth cancels out lies. Light cancels out Darkness. Forgiveness cancels out punishment. Repentance cancels out Judgement. Jesus cancels out Satan.
I didn't post this thread in order to get anyone's forgiveness or understanding... I wrote it to say..." Hey Guys... there is a better...cleaner...and more rewarding way of life than to continue down the road of lying and deception... along with ALL it's compromises.

Jesus forgives me... and He will forgive you too... if you just ask Him.

PS... I DON'T expect everyone to understand this kind of truth.... some are just to much given over to evil.

Last edited by DanBrothers; 12/10/18.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
OP, you did the right thing in the end.

μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
unholy sex sounds fun?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do I hear helicopters?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This is a WEIRD thread, whether true or not. I got a bad vibe from the start.

I have shot at critters and had them run, only to to see them (or I think it is them) 50 or so yards further into the trees, still standing. I've held off shooting again, because I wasn't sure if it was the same critter ir not. Sometimes it has been the wrong choice, but usually it was the right choice.

Allah Akbar!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a friend who did something similar. I wasn't present and it was many years ago but he told me the story. He saw a buck at a distance in Pennsylvania woods (Probably 40 years ago). He took a shot. Upon shooting (30-06 I think) he saw what he thought was the buck running away. He shot again and it dropped. When he got on site he had killed 2 bucks. You are only allowed one buck per year in PA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Attached my two public land does tags and drug them down the hill in the opposite direction of my van, so I could drive around to them instead of a long drag back to my van... making for a closer drag with two deer to the closer road. As I'm walking back to my van... I'm thinking about what am I going to do with that yearling. I NEVER WASTE game, but what was I going to do.... and I wasn't happy about even shooting that second doe because one is enough per hunt ... NOT TWO .... let alone three. At my van the Badge Boys showed up with many questions.

I almost believed this bullchit story until I hit the part about the van.... laugh

You story was almost holding up until that point. Ya gotta get the detail right if your gonna tell a BS story and expect people to believe it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You know you don’t really get credit for doing the right thing if you ask for and expect “attaboys” from people.

Bobby Jones once called a penalty on himself for an imperceptible ball movement no one else saw. Later after trying to talk Jones out of calling a
penalty on himself, tournament officials and the press complimented him on his honesty. Jones refused their congratulations and said that they might as well congratulate him for not robbing a bank on the way to the golf course that morning.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/10/18.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If I found myself in that position I would have simply stayed in the woods, whipped out my cell phone and called any one of numerous friends and relatives that I knew had doe tags and told them to come tag one.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Theeck
I have a friend who did something similar. I wasn't present and it was many years ago but he told me the story. He saw a buck at a distance in Pennsylvania woods (Probably 40 years ago). He took a shot. Upon shooting (30-06 I think) he saw what he thought was the buck running away. He shot again and it dropped. When he got on site he had killed 2 bucks. You are only allowed one buck per year in PA.

The OP's story may be made up. I always assumed my friend was telling me a tale until I read this thread and thought "oh, I guess that does happen." Hopefully both stories are for entertainment purposes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This thread has to go at least 10 pages. laugh

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I tend to shoot the mother first. Makes picking of her “dinks” easy. My limit for 3 of us was something like 8 a day in 50-60 degree Southern weather. Dragging and cleaning that many in a few hours before they spoil was punishment even with tags. I think in SC bucks can be as many as you shoot but does are limited in quantity and “Doe Days”. I worked there for a few years. NC was 4 Bucks then and 6 total with 2 doe tags extra for every $10. They’ve gone to 2 Bucks/4 does since before $10 tags start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
unholy sex sounds fun?

I tried unholy sex.......it was glorious.

Vinny

P.S. I'm not putting down holy sex, btw.
Some of those married holy roller babes are filthy.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This thread has to go at least 10 pages. laugh

smile

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had no idea so many in this thread were from SC. Way to represent! Now all this flooding starts to makes sense.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
unholy sex sounds fun?

Vinny

Leviticus 18:22

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Theeck
unholy sex sounds fun?

Vinny

Leviticus 18:22

Duh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW... this thread was NEVER meant to be one about hunting ethics... Game Wardens... or rifle calibers... it's about LYING... and CONFESSING.

Everything was good between us all as we walked out of the woods... but when he asked me the point blank question about 3 shots and only 2 deer... that was when I broke down and had to confess the truth and not tell anymore half truths... or white lies. I had to come clean for the sake of my own soul whether they understood that or not.

I tell people all the time that if you want World Peace, then we could have it after pushing the button that made it impossible for mankind to tell any kind of lie. Eventually Peace would come after the Hell Dust settled. Heaven does not tolerate any kind of lying, and each of us are suppose to live a Heavenly type life here and now, because every lie spins the world into the evil direction that it's now spinning in. Every truth that Man tells, cancels out someone's lie, but there is so much lying and evil that it becomes Greater every moment. The World is out of control, and the Biggest part is caused by lying to the point that it's understood and normal... just like unholy sex.

Lying is so normal that most people would have to quit their job if they couldn't lie or deceive. How many things do we own that are the direct results of lying to get it. Are all our bank accounts, houses, cars, couch and chairs, the fruits of lying to our fellow neighbors or on our jobs. How can we enjoy these things unless our Souls are Dead. I use to be Dead, but now I'm trying to live outside of the Dead... and live in the Life of Christ, who teaches me how I can live in a realm of Abundant Life. Sure, I slip and fall... but I DON'T make a practice of it. One who practices it as a lifestyle is Dead...NOT ALIVE... but a ZOMBIE.
It's easy to take the path of least resistant. Compromise is the normal way of life that causes all the evil to live and flourish. I don't want to be part of the problem, but rather part of the solution. Truth cancels out lies. Light cancels out Darkness. Forgiveness cancels out punishment. Repentance cancels out Judgement. Jesus cancels out Satan.
I didn't post this thread in order to get anyone's forgiveness or understanding... I wrote it to say..." Hey Guys... there is a better...cleaner...and more rewarding way of life than to continue down the road of lying and deception... along with ALL it's compromises.

Jesus forgives me... and He will forgive you too... if you just ask Him.

PS... I DON'T expect everyone to understand this kind of truth.... some are just to much given over to evil.

I put on my tinfoil hat, just in case....The Lord may forgive you for your sins, but he's pizzed you're stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

this guy is a moron.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter

this guy is a moron.

Laffin'.
When he pm'd me about the exorcist video he made (and I posted above) he told me I would probably say things like that about him, because I was possessed.......
That's when shít got real....

Slave

P.S. What's your demon's name?
I got a Fred. ( I was hoping for a really cool name, like Belzabub or something.....oh well)

Have Dog

Will Travel

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
WOW... this thread was NEVER meant to be one about hunting ethics... Game Wardens... or rifle calibers... it's about LYING... and CONFESSING

You are still lying. You simply can not admit that you targeted 3 deer and got caught. Even if it was through the brush, you should have stopped shooting after your bag limit was reached, regardless of the recovery at that point.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have heard two similar stories.
Guy shoots, deer still standing, shoots again and ends up w two deer.
One it was twin 8 pointers, the other it was two does.
Both instances the guys were of some deer killing experience, and shooting guns that had fair recoil.
Note: they shot twice, not three times.
And the shock of each event had them not repeat such actions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a story in Gun Digest of a guy shooting what he thought was the same Moose four times. It kept falling and getting back up. When he walked over he had three dead Moose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did he hide the dink moose under a log, too?...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did he hide the dink moose under a log, too?...

Sad part was the author didn't include any further details except to say it happened and to who it happened to. I think it was in the 1989 Gun Digest and I think the article was called "Of Power And Placement".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Brother Dan makes as much a spectacle out of deer hunting as he does his annual coyote hunting trip out West.

Prime entertainment.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The two blacktails here were shot one after the other by my grandfather. He jumped one, shot it in the back of the head, but it jumped up again, so he shot it again. Went over to find two dead bucks each with a bullet to the back of the head. It was legal to kill two back then and they still have the metal tags on the antlers from 1924. I inherited them at his passing many years ago.

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Brother Dan makes as much a spectacle out of deer hunting as he does his annual coyote hunting trip out West.

Prime entertainment.

I think I shall dub him, "Douche Dan", from henceforth forward !

grin

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Prime entertainment.

I think I shall dub him, "Douche Dan", from henceforth forward !

grin

That's hardly fair, what did the douche do to be associated? wink

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is very judgmental, you might want to keep repenting.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's amazing how you guys have thought it to be okay to have Open Season on me personally when I have not attacked anyone on this forum... while trying to behave like a gentleman. But that's okay, because i know that if your bashing me, then your probably not bashing someone else... for now....LOL. You never add to anyone's threads, but rather use everyone's post as an opportunity to bash and degrade them... BUT.... that's okay... I can take it...LOL... because I know the source behind you that pulls your puppet strings.

This whole thread is about lying... not the OP....LOL.

A Pig will squeal when stuck with a knife, and it's obvious that there are several pigs squealing right now... so Go ahead Boys... Squeal Away... We hear you LOUD and CLEAR.

You guys are the ones making the Great Entertainment... but it only shows us how much pain your in.

When you get ready for your pain to stop... just ask Jesus to take away your sins, and the pain of sin will leave as well.

I forgive you guys... and Jesus will do that same... if you ask Him.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'd be checking my gun if I thought I had missed twice...definitely not shooting a 3rd time

I did have somewhat of a similar experience though, saw a nice buck in the clearcut facing me, shot, and "he" started running. Got another shot in him, when I got to him, it was a basket rack buck. Scratched my head...I swore buck was bigger. Ground shrinkage maybe....bothered me all night, went back the next morning and the big buck was laying where I shot him. Evidently there was another buck with him that I never saw until it started running.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You are an idiot...………...shoot yourself in the face. The world will be a better place and you will find peace

LC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dan:

Was your rifle stock pillar or glass bedded....asking for a friend!!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
It's amazing how you guys have thought it to be okay to have Open Season on me personally when I have not attacked anyone on this forum... while trying to behave like a gentleman. But that's okay, because i know that if your bashing me, then your probably not bashing someone else... for now....LOL. You never add to anyone's threads, but rather use everyone's post as an opportunity to bash and degrade them... BUT.... that's okay... I can take it...LOL... because I know the source behind you that pulls your puppet strings.

A Pig will squeal when stuck with a knife, and it's obvious that there are several pigs squealing right now... so Go ahead Boys... Squeal Away... We hear you LOUD and CLEAR.

You guys are the ones making the Great Entertainment... but it only shows us how much pain your in.

When you get ready for your pain to stop... just ask Jesus to take away your sins, and the pain of sin will leave as well.

I have never not found a deer I shot. I have never over over-bagged on a hunt. I have never shot through the brush at a target not properly ID’d. And I have never lied to a game warden, WCO or whatever else one wants to call em. So...who is this “squealing.”

Lastly, you claim to not attacking anyone, but your judgmental tone and “Holier than Thou” Bible thumping drivel. You really need to evaluate your own short falls before offering anyone else “forgiveness” or “deliverance.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Setting god, repentance and the game warden aside, I'm interested to learn what you would have done with the yearling had no one been looking.

#heforgives
#blessmefather
#alleluia

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

I have never not found a deer I shot. I have never over over-bagged on a hunt. I have never shot through the brush at a target not properly ID’d. And I have never lied to a game warden, WCO or whatever else one wants to call em. So...who is this “squealing.”

Lastly, you claim to not attacking anyone, but your judgmental tone and “Holier than Thou” Bible thumping drivel. You really need to evaluate your own short falls before offering anyone else “forgiveness” or “deliverance.”

Yep, I couldn't agree more !

Douche Dan has a whole lot more to make right with his maker !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Setting god, repentance and the game warden aside, I'm interested to learn what you would have done with the yearling had no one been looking.

#heforgives
#blessmefather
#alleluia

Yeah, it's interesting Scott.

Well wasting game meat is another law that would have been broken !

If he was up here & pulled any of the $hit he did, he would be out 3 deer automatically, confiscation of his firearm, vehicle/s would have been impounded & after his day in court, would be minus a pretty sum + loss of hunting privileges for a minimum of a year.

Partly why I still figure it's a BS story.

Are your game laws in the States, really that much laxer than ours up here ?

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

#heforgives
#blessmefather
#alleluia

Yeah, it's interesting Scott.

Well wasting game meat is another law that would have been broken !

If he was up here & pulled any of the $hit he did, he would be out 3 deer automatically, confiscation of his firearm, vehicle/s would have been impounded & after his day in court, would be minus a pretty sum + loss of hunting privileges for a minimum of a year.

Partly why I still figure it's a BS story.

Are your game laws in the States, really that much laxer than ours up here ?
No

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Roger, I'm pretty sure, Douche Dan posted earlier, that he had the 3 deer back in his possession, If so, I think I smell fish !

Paul.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

#heforgives
#blessmefather
#alleluia

Adding one...
#sacrificedforsin
😎

“Molon Labe”
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good grief. Abandoning a game animal is a felony in Colorado.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Mighta won the 'thon.

This thread and the story is all sorts of messed up. Think I'll just move along...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mighta won the 'thon.

Now that enrages me. To abandon an animal that may have placed in such an esteamed contest is just to much. Their's a special place in hell for someone like that, why they would likely sale there sole....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Mighta won the 'thon.

Now that enrages me. To abandon an animal that may have placed in such an esteamed contest is just to much. Their's a special place in hell for someone like that, why they would likely sale there sole....

Like I said...ALL sorts of messed up.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Mighta won the 'thon.

Like I said...ALL sorts of messed up.

Yep, because then he'd be running around out there shooting dinks barefoot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PoundSignHuntingWithJesus

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My god I despise bible thumping holier than thou ass hats who try to salve their stupidity with "The Lord". Give me a F'n break. If the "Badge Boys" (as you so condescendingly referred to the C.O.'s doing their job), hadn't shown up, you would have l wasted that fawn and never said a damn thing about it. Then you come on here looking to be rewarded for being such a good little lamb of Jesus. You're a douche.

I am a christian and believe in God, but I gave up on organized religion years ago, mainly due to hypocritical douche bags thumping the bible to make their pathetic lives look pious under a thin veil of smugness, and more righteous than everyone else.

Do us all favor, sell your 7 mag and take up golf.

Last edited by Kota; 12/18/18. Reason: spelling

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Roger, I'm pretty sure, Douche Dan posted earlier, that he had the 3 deer back in his possession, If so, I think I smell fish !

Dan...…post# 13332470
"I tried to explain that both second and third deer were accidents... but it was all about the deception and lie... which I totally understood. I knew I had to come clean in order to live clean, because lying is never a part of my lifestyle. I'm always preaching against lying, and I knew i would be tested, but when it came, I folded and failed.
But now as I type this confession... I feel better inside... even though it will cost me money in court next month."

Dan.....post# 13334262
"After they understood the mistake, they allowed me to keep the deer, and all 3 are now hanging in a cooler for the next 2 weeks."

After writing a ticket with fine and court appearance isn't evidence supposed to be confiscated?

Ed
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 308ld

Dan...…post# 13332470
"I tried to explain that both second and third deer were accidents... but it was all about the deception and lie... which I totally understood. I knew I had to come clean in order to live clean, because lying is never a part of my lifestyle. I'm always preaching against lying, and I knew i would be tested, but when it came, I folded and failed.
But now as I type this confession... I feel better inside... even though it will cost me money in court next month."

Dan.....post# 13334262
"After they understood the mistake, they allowed me to keep the deer, and all 3 are now hanging in a cooler for the next 2 weeks."

After writing a ticket with fine and court appearance isn't evidence supposed to be confiscated?

Still Lie'n

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PoundSignHuntingWithJesus

Rollin' here.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kota
My god I despise bible thumping holier than thou ass hats who try to salve their stupidity with "The Lord". Give me a F'n break. If the "Badge Boys" (as you so condescendingly referred to the C.O.'s doing their job), hadn't shown up, you would have l wasted that fawn and never said a damn thing about it. Then you come on here looking to be rewarded for being such a good little lamb of Jesus. You're a douche.

I am a christian and believe in God, but I gave up on organized religion years ago, mainly due to hypocritical douche bags thumping the bible to make their pathetic lives look pious under a thin veil of smugness, and more righteous than everyone else.

😆😅😁

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Ah thats the answer instead of fish multiplying it was deer....he really did kill the same deer 3 times it rose from the dead and multiplied Praise Jesus!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We still confessing our Sin's? If so god forgive me for what I'm about to say.. I watch nfl football, I use PayPal, I order stuff from amazon, I bought a under armour hoody from dicks sporting goods.. amen

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 308ld

Dan...…post# 13332470

Dan.....post# 13334262

yes, they wouldn't of allowed him to keep them.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can never say what a Warden will do. One year in South Dakota I only had Antelope Doe tag and I shot a small buck that I failed to see the horns on. I promptly turned myself in. The Game Warden looked it over and called it an honest mistake and after admonishing to be aware of the black cheek patch from now on he issued me a tag to keep it because as he said, it was too warm and it would spoil by the time he could get it anywhere to be processed and by letting me keep it it would not go to waste. He did not fine me nor strip me of my second doe tag. He told me to go get another and enjoy myself but be mindful that bucks have black cheek patches.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have found the Montana fish cops much more friendly than the Idaho counterparts.

Perhaps the Claude Dallas effect?

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Maine's wardens would have taken his deer, rifle, truck, bible, and any beads he was rubbing.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Okay... I know that common sense is not too common, but let me try to once again explain my whole purpose with this thread... and then I'm done with it.

After the Game Warden Guys looked over the entire area, they understood how it all could have been an accident. And they were even going to help me get the two legally checked deer back to my van. It was on the way out that one guy ask me about 3 shots and only 2 deer. I bold faced lied about that for about 15-20 seconds, but the conviction of the Holy Spirit strongly prodded me to confess up and take my licks... which I did. My only crime in their eyes was in the not coming clean about the dink. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I wasn't going to let it go to waste. They later told me that if I had called it in, then I could have used one of my private property doe tags.... DUH... stupid me.. didn't even think of that... I should have called it in. I made the mistake... I was wrong... it was My Bad.

I honestly thought that I would start this thread on my two favorite forums for the ONLY purpose to make you shake your heads and say...." WOW... lying sure doesn't pay... I guess I need to take Dan't mistakes and learn a lesson about lying before it's too late" I didn't even think about how much anger and hatred would rise up against me, because it never was my intention to make anyone mad or angry...I was just telling a life lesson story for all to learn from. I wasn't bashing anyone... just bashing myself for being a cowardly liar... but I came clean, and am the better for it. I'm so sorry for making so many people violent... it never was my intention.

I know that my writing skills suck...LOL... that's because I skipped most English Classes in school. I'm not very good at typing feelings of thought and emotion.... and my joking around doesn't seem to come across either.... My Bad again...LOL.

I know that most of the Guys on these forums would NOT be content with their rifles shooting 4" groups at 100 yds... or 3" groups... or 2"... and most won't be happy with 1" MOA... so WHY do we allow ourselves to live outside of the MOA standards of our Creator? When I lied to those Guys about the dink, I shot outside of MOA... more like the 3 ring... or maybe just missed the whole target all together. But the Range Captain and my fellow Team Mates would probably forgive me after they knew that it was an honest mistake, and that I would practice harder before the next Match.

Years ago when I realized that I was my own worst enemy with my constant living outside of MOA standards of correct shooting.... I woke up and said..." WOW Jesus... can you come into my life and help me?
He did.... and I've been the better for it... even when I miss the target some days. He and I both know that this walk is not in the hitting of the X ring every moment of life, but it's in the trying.. it's the trying that He is looking at.

I try NOT to make a practice of shooting in error...and I understand that no shooting team out there would have me if I wasn't always focused on getting better. That's why I'm trying to tell everyone that jerking the bullet off target just does not work well when shooting by yourself.... or even with others. Iron sharpens iron. We should all be focused on sharpening each other without all the judgmental accusations..... AND.... I too am guilty of that shooting error as well sometimes... but I try not to make a practice of it.

Why can't we all learn from each other's mistakes and use it to shoot right... live right... and just plain out... be right.

Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives.... so it's never too late to start again.

Jesus calls it.... Born Again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay... I know that common sense is not too common !

There's your problem, right there.

You have no common sense & your lack of logical reasoning abilities, has/is clouding your thought process.

Like I mentioned earlier, "brother", you have way more that you need to discuss with your maker.

Merry Christmas.

Paul.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Hell, I just aim at schit moving around in the woods and shoot. That's hunting!

WTF ! IDIOTs, so is anyone who kills for numbers and is not careful what they shoot at.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I call BS on your entire story. They probably found the third deer and you're pretending to have "confessed" about it to make yourself feel better.

Jesus ain't going to help you with this one, you can't do dumb things, ie shooting until ANY deer drops, and ask for forgiveness later. This is the real life and actions have consequences. Your faith, any faith, will not help you when you have killed a fellow hunter for being extremely careless, which you were.

Also, the fact that some of you think it is funny or he did nothing wrong is scary, but then again the amount of dumb sh*t I witness other hunters do is mind boggling.

Last edited by Scruffee; 12/19/18.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dan?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JDK
Maine's wardens would have taken his deer, rifle, truck, bible, and any beads he was rubbing.

MN would be no different.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by JDK

MN would be no different.

Depends on where said beads were being "rubbed". Possibly could have kept those, especially if he didn't "lie" about where he normally 'rubbed' them.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This whole thread is weird.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"so WHY do we allow ourselves to live outside of the MOA standards of our Creator? When I lied to those Guys about the dink, I shot outside of MOA... more like the 3 ring... or maybe just missed the whole target all together. But the Range Captain and my fellow Team Mates would probably forgive me after they knew that it was an honest mistake, and that I would practice harder before the next Match.

Years ago when I realized that I was my own worst enemy with my constant living outside of MOA standards of"

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Oh my God, would you please just Shut The Fu#k Up

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kota

I like this guy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
We still confessing our Sin's? If so god forgive me for what I'm about to say.. I watch nfl football, I use PayPal, I order stuff from amazon, I bought a under armour hoody from dicks sporting goods.. amen

Oh, You’re gonna burn....Sinner! 😁😎

“Molon Labe”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well it's pretty cool Benny Hinn is a campfire member and a hunter sweet!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good on you for ultimately doing the right thing sir. You will be forgiven.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.