Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
He "helps" if you wanna duplicate his schit. But ask for help setting up a Savage 270 with a Vortex scope and see what happens.

Either way, pure entertainment....gets the click bait count up for the advertisers I'm sure.

lol
Luckily we have other great members here like yourself, so ignoring him is as easy as "1 click".

Hint....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Either way, pure entertainment....gets the click bait count up for the advertisers I'm sure.

This. ^^^

I try to read, decipher and learn from what he's saying. There is knowledge to be gleaned from his experience/posts. His delivery is crude, but so f'n what. I'm thick-skinned, my feelings don't get hurt easy, so I value his opinions. That said, I value a lot of the guy's advice that have him on ignore.....to each his own.

On Page No. 1 of this thread, I predicted eight pages of hate, lol. We're on Page 10. As 16B said, "Either way, pure entertainment."

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
As far as Tikka's go Stick is dead on. They shoot and they are light but they look funny and there should be a short action. Wouldn't own one anyway. Stick ought to buy one and start working on customer service in his own way. Now that would be worth watching.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You musta missed that episode....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, we learned that Tikka's are too expensive, Remington's 700 design has too many issues to make it a great rifle and Ruger Americans with the after market magazine are da bomb. Someone tell me about the Ruger 77 before it became known as the Hawkeye. Where do they fit in, are they worth the money and what is the current value of one in .223 with very few rounds and the synthetic stock. If it was talked about I didn't see it. If Big Stick wants to jump in and give an answer I'll read but I'm open to input.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by kwg020
OK, we learned that Tikka's are too expensive, Remington's 700 design has too many issues to make it a great rifle and Ruger Americans with the after market magazine are da bomb. Someone tell me about the Ruger 77 before it became known as the Hawkeye. Where do they fit in, are they worth the money and what is the current value of one in .223 with very few rounds and the synthetic stock. If it was talked about I didn't see it. If Big Stick wants to jump in and give an answer I'll read but I'm open to input.

kwg

A Ruger M77 is worth the money and a .223 in a synthetic stock (just my SWAG) is worth about $500 +/-.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I find Burns to be a slight notch above the AK gnome in the pallatability department. A little of him goes a long, long ways. I just ignore the thread killer, especially since he's been let out of his cellar.

I've always wondered how being a perpetual PITA bodes well for the company you own, work for, or whatever Burns does when you're trying to sell the hunting public something.

Has really nice hair though! Ha! Bet he carries a comb for pictures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

kwg

A Ruger M77 is worth the money and a .223 in a synthetic stock (just my SWAG) is worth about $500 +/-.

Thank you. Now I have a benchmark to move forward. If anyone has anything negative to say about the M77 (other than it's a Ruger) please let me know.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Ruger M77 Hawkeye is one of the best feeling/handling rifles I've ever hunted.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It’s too bad there’s so many people here who are so content to ruin cool threads, this could have been an awesome one. Oh well.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been happening on many threads.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Probably have to get used to the panty raids. Big boy has a Tikka. DBM'ed it as I recall. It's OK to do that to any other rifle though. Tikka mags suck with 75's. So does a 700 ADL unless you monkey with the spacer in the mag box. Then the sucky trigger that takes 2 seconds to adjust. Oh, then the "ergos" because it's hard to fit that big noggin behind the stock. Speaking of the stock, it sucks too, don't forget. And the loooong action which sucks all the soul out of it, almost making it inoperable and waaay to heavy.

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

5 gallon bucket of chum. Wait for it....wait for it. 5 more pages, minimum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

kwg

In 2014 I bought a used Ruger MKII .223 for $475 at Cabelas. Stainless/laminate. Thought if the barrel was shot out I'd rebarrel to a faster twist, but it shot bugholes with 40g bullets. If I need more than 40g I've got options in .243, .257, 6.5 and up. Most of my bolt rifles are Ruger - M77, MKII and Hawkeye. All but one is a keeper.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably have to get used to the panty raids. Big boy has a Tikka. DBM'ed it as I recall. It's OK to do that to any other rifle though. Tikka mags suck with 75's. So does a 700 ADL unless you monkey with the spacer in the mag box. Then the sucky trigger that takes 2 seconds to adjust. Oh, then the "ergos" because it's hard to fit that big noggin behind the stock. Speaking of the stock, it sucks too, don't forget. And the loooong action which sucks all the soul out of it, almost making it inoperable and waaay to heavy.

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

5 gallon bucket of chum. Wait for it....wait for it. 5 more pages, minimum.

Yep, that long action is the suckiest

After all, with the bolt stop it is as short a throw, as a short action.

And the weight? A "short action" Tikka is soooo heavy for a normal prodduction gun.

And the ability to change bolt stop and magazines to seat bullets out farther?
Hell that's worthless, if you don't have to pay to get the action machined, then buy
a special $300 aftermarket set up that uses $70 magazines.

After them darn Tikky mags cost $50.

And everyone can tell they are junk.

(No one seems to break them though)

Well a drunk ass, Alaskan retard, that willfully abuses his equipment, and
molests young innocent virgin brass? He could break an anvil.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm supplized nobody aye eyed one....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't say "nobody" grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

kwg

Thank you. Now I have a benchmark to move forward. If anyone has anything negative to say about the M77 (other than it's a Ruger) please let me know.

kwg

You're welcome.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe he got a yearly maximum quota instead of daily. So, he probably burned it up already.
Like a drunk rationing Grey Goose

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ken, sorry but that’s not the case.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lil Fish might get a bit to far out over his skies at time on rifle stuff but the pictures are always welcome.

I am glad I could get his posting privileges back and the new softer Lil Fish seems nice. grin

? ? ? ? ?

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jwall
Ken, sorry but that’s not the case.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lil Fish might get a bit to far out over his skies at time on rifle stuff but the pictures are always welcome.

I am glad I could get his posting privileges back and the new softer Lil Fish seems nice. grin

? ? ? ? ?

Jerry

Happy birthday Jerry!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.