Campfire Member
R
Does anyone make one?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

I seriously doubt it. Crossbow triggers are nothing like gun triggers. Different forces at play.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I don’t know of any aftermarket triggers for x-Bolt, but you can change the trigger Springs. I’ve done a change on my A-Bolt and it was easy. X-Bolt should be similar, for under $20. We’ll worth it, in my opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw a trigger spring upgrade kit for $12 yesterday on-line, reviews were outstanding...M-Carbo

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Jard and Timney both make aftermarket triggers for the X-Bolts, BUT, they both delete the safety bolt lock feature thus making the bolt unlock button obsolete.

Before you give up on yours though, I struggled with my factory x-bolt trigger for a long time, even with trying the aftermarket spring kits and trimming the aftermarket spring I couldn't get below 4lbs or any consistency what so ever. It would go anywhere from 4lbs to 7lbs one shot to the next without any adjustments made between and if I loosened the adjustment screw any more I'd get slam fires. Turned out that Browning must drag the triggers across the shop floor and through all the milling waste before putting them on the action as the thing was FULL of crud. I used a can of Hornady one shot and couldn't believe the amount of black crud/fluid/grit that came oozing out! Spent probably 20 minutes using Hornady one shot cleaner and an air gun to flush it thoroughly. After that, what a world of difference! Could get it right down to about 2.5lbs (though I left mine at 3lbs) and every shot was nearly bang on the same pull weight.

Long story short, try flushing your trigger assembly out really well and then try one of the after market springs (which can be trimmed) if necessary still.

Last edited by russm86; 12/06/18.
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I put a Timney trigger in my LH Hells Canyon Xbolt and am very happy with it for the price. As stated above, you do lose the use of the bolt release button but its livable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before you swap triggers, read your local laws. Losing the use of the safety would make the weapon illegal to hunt with here.

"Crossbow Hunting Regulations in Ohio
Crossbows are legal to use by any hunter, regardless of disability or lack thereof. Ohio does regulate what type of crossbow can be used for certain types of game. Crossbows may not be used to hunt any migratory game birds.

Regardless of the type of game, a crossbow may be cocked with a device but must have a working safety and a stock more than 25 inches long. In addition, it is illegal while hunting to have attached to a crossbow any mechanical, electrical, or electronic device capable of projecting a beam of light."

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

I seriously doubt it. Crossbow triggers are nothing like gun triggers. Different forces at play.

Before you swap triggers, read your local laws. Losing the use of the safety would make the weapon illegal to hunt with here.

Crossbows are legal to use by any hunter, regardless of disability or lack thereof. Ohio does regulate what type of crossbow can be used for certain types of game. Crossbows may not be used to hunt any migratory game birds.

Regardless of the type of game, a crossbow may be cocked with a device but must have a working safety and a stock more than 25 inches long. In addition, it is illegal while hunting to have attached to a crossbow any mechanical, electrical, or electronic device capable of projecting a beam of light."

TFF

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

TFF

Cat got your tounge? I went looking for the regulation, because I recall the legal definition of a crossbow in the yearly rule book. I have experience with medieval weaponry, up close and personal.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

TFF

Cat got your tounge? I went looking for the regulation, because I recall the legal definition of a crossbow in the yearly rule book. I have experience with medieval weaponry, up close and personal.

Hahaha!!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

TFF

The Bowning x-bolt is a rifle numbnuts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Don't ruin it!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

TFF

My mistake. I thought it was the standard nickname for a crossbow. My apologies.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RPK
Does anyone make one?

TFF

We got some real dumb A##s on here........LOL laugh

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just picking Kellory!!!!!!!!!!! grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, at least I admit it when I make a blunder. I thought he was asking about an aftermarket crossbow trigger, as they can be pretty stiff. But they don't work the same as gun triggers.

Edit: besides.....when can anyone count on proper spelling here on the fire? shocked

Last edited by kellory; 12/06/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Bowning and tounge have set the bar rather high tonight. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's rite. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, so I skipped the "R". I saw it right after I posted, just too lazy to go back and change it. Sitting here with enough oxycodone in my system to anesthetise a grizzly, it's a wonder you can read it at all.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Both of my X-bolts have the Mcarbo spring,they break at exactly 2 lbs, every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 47 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.