Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Almost 7 lbs 3 ozs with a Leupold VXIII Tactical 3.5-10x40 AND a YHM Titanium suppressor?? That is ridiculous!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wow....

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Caliber?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I could live with that!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

This one is my son's 6mm CM. I bought it to replace his 6mm-250 that I'm trying to sell. I am very impressed with the quality. I've had several each of ULA's and NULA's and Forbes, and the Barrett rivals or beats them all. Here is the weight without the suppressor.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The only thing that bugs me a little at first observation is the use of some chrome moly parts (action screws, bolt shroud, sling studs, and thread protector), but it's definitely not a deal breaker.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Is he shooting it with the factory LOP stock?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yes. He's 16 now.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How’s the balance?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Front heavy with the suppressor, but in a good way.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm really glad people are starting "get" these shorter threaded barrels. Once you start hunting with a suppressor its impossible to go back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure like mine, but it's getting a smaller scope; not a lot smaller, but much lower turrets than the Tract on it now and a few ounces lighter.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hang a big scope and a big suppressor on any of your other light rifles and they will not be so light either. The naked weight would be around five pounds is my guess. Only things you could do are shorter barrel and lighter scope, not enough barrel to be worth fluting. But the barrel is already as short as I would go.

Nice rifle I would be happy with it if a Lefty.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, mine is really heavy too. With a 20 ounce 2.5-10x42 NXS....it still weighs under seven pounds.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That is light!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChetAF
Yeah, mine is really heavy too. With a 20 ounce 2.5-10x42 NXS....it still weighs under seven pounds.

Nice! I got myself a 6.5 CM and it will wear a gray Zeiss Duralyt 2-8x42 if it ever comes in.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tennessee
I'm really glad people are starting "get" these shorter threaded barrels. Once you start hunting with a suppressor its impossible to go back.

Why is that? I can honestly say that I have never heard a shot, other than being barely aware of it, when shooting at a deer. It just doesn’t register.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Why is that? I can honestly say that I have never heard a shot, other than being barely aware of it, when shooting at a deer. It just doesn’t register.

It's not always about you. The critters can't tell where the 'noise' comes from, and generally don't flee like they do unsuppressed.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Even if you didn't notice hearing it, it's a sure bet the noise put some mileage on your hearing.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 257heaven

This one is my son's 6mm CM. I bought it to replace his 6mm-250 that I'm trying to sell. I am very impressed with the quality. I've had several each of ULA's and NULA's and Forbes, and the Barrett rivals or beats them all. Here is the weight without the suppressor.

[Linked Image]

That beats my Forbes 260 by 2ozs. But my scope has the CDS dial instead.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22

It's not always about you. The critters can't tell where the 'noise' comes from, and generally don't flee like they do unsuppressed.....

I haven’t missed a shot on a deer in several years, but generally when you miss they just stand there and look around, if that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Front heavy with the suppressor, but in a good way.

How far in front of the front action screw does it balance?

Last edited by rc82bttb; 12/07/18.

Rick
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Man, just keep rubbing it it grin

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

What is the overall length of the gun?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Judges 21:25
“Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”

Liberal=liberated from God...How's that working out?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you want that mercury infused recoil reducing weight thingy back, just say the word. Been saving it for you....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
257, How do they shoot? Or if you get time post a target or two. I am interested in a Barrett 6 Creed. Thanks!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by patch123
257, How do they shoot? Or if you get time post a target or two. I am interested in a Barrett 6 Creed. Thanks!

I've run 2 of them pretty hard and they've been excellent. A third has been "used" but not run hard. A fourth was only touched. None of them have been a 6 creed....two 6.5 Creed's, a 7-08 (only 13 shots) and a 30-06...... That said, as a general rule, if a heavier caliber on the same barrel contour will shoot, it's only going to improve if the caliber goes down. That said, consideration given that all mechanics regarding bedding, etc...are the same.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A 16oz suppressor? Why so heavy?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LSU fan
A 16oz suppressor? Why so heavy?

It's an old-school POS YHM Titanium. I'll be looking for something else soon, so we can both shoot suppressed same time.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Just got them. Still waiting on a scope for the 6.5.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If you want that mercury infused recoil reducing weight thingy back, just say the word. Been saving it for you....

Yea.....hang on to it!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

JoeBob,

So do You really think because of your personal stress/andrenaline at the moment of the shot===> that the muzzle blast is not damaging your hearing?

Think about it a little before you answer!

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 12/08/18.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Count me in the crowd that can't seem to find a reason to run a can for big game. For predator and varmints, yes, for southern deer hunting, maybe, but not on a mountain rig.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My 6CM shot Hornady 108 ELD factory ammo 1.25-1.5" ten shot groups at 100 yards, I had five boxes to baseline and have fireformed brass. I started loading 105 Amax's and didn't find a consistent sub-MOA ten shot groups so I moved on to the 105 Hornady BTHP.

It is shooting consistent sub-MOA ten shot groups with the BTHP's and H4350.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Harvester is great but too long for my taste, after Xmas I will likely order an Omega or a TBAC Ultra 7 or possibly a 5.

If it were not for government control driving the cost of hearing protection to stupid levels I would have a dedicated suppressor on every rifle and most handguns.

Dave

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Taking a Fieldcraft and adding all that weight seems to defeat the purpose in the first place. Obviously its personal taste. But my mountain rifles are going to be as light as possible.
That kind of hunting involves very few rounds - hopefully, just one.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Taking a Fieldcraft and adding all that weight seems to defeat the purpose in the first place. Obviously its personal taste. But my mountain rifles are going to be as light as possible.

Is it not one of the lightest suppressed hunting rifles you can get? Doesn’t sound like the purpose is defeated to
Me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I sure like mine, but it's getting a smaller scope; not a lot smaller, but much lower turrets than the Tract on it now and a few ounces lighter.

Well, I did it; removed the 3-12x42 Tract Tekoa and mounted the VX-5 HD 2-10x42 I won from Doug at CLNY last year. Can't believe how much difference it made in the balance; moved it back enough that it's definitely easier to grip in one hand. Depending on whose "facts" you use, the weight difference is 3-5 ounces. Seems to handle much livelier too. Used LW Talleys again to keep that good cheekweld. Range trip later this week.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by turkish

Is it not one of the lightest suppressed hunting rifles you can get? Doesn’t sound like the purpose is defeated to
Me.

Bingo, being able to get to a 7lb scoped and supressed package is the biggest draw of a 5lb rifle for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by turkish

Me.

Bingo, being able to get to a 7lb scoped and supressed package is the biggest draw of a 5lb rifle for me.

Adding "heavier" accoutrements to a heavy rifle as opposed to a light rifle only results in a much heavier package. Obvious? Yes. For some, the sole purpose of buying a lightweight rifle is because of the items they intend to add to said rifle to target a lower end weight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I were climbing around in the mountains, I definitely would buy a 21" non-threaded. But I'm in Texas.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I just picked up the 18' 308. my whole purpose was to have a lighter suppressed rifle. Side benefit is that it shoots very well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I were climbing around in the mountains, I definitely would buy a 21" non-threaded. But I'm in Texas.

That's what I do and that's what I did.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Whatever will you do, if you gotta go to texas?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't think we have to worry about many campfire members from out of state coming to Texas.....I mean.....with the way they badmouth it and all.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I just cashed in my cabelas club points and ordered a 6.5 with the 21" barrel. Wish they sold them with the shorter barrels because if I like it as much as everyone else here does I'll probably be coming out of pocket for the 18".

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I don't think we have to worry about many campfire members from out of state coming to Texas.....I mean.....with the way they badmouth it and all.

No need to go that far, if I want to see endless truckloads of Texans I'll just cruise down to Colorado.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 71 invisible), 3,529 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,379
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.