Print Thread
Hop To
#13342672 12/08/18
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
anyone have one of these? Are they as reliable as they are reported to be? easy to carry? What are your experiences?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wanted one back in the day. From what I gather,they were great when they were the only kid on the block that worked most of the time. I wouldn't bother with one now unless I found one at a ridiculous price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought the .32 ACP in the 1980s when it was the cool new thing. It is a pretty little thing. I shot it a bunch and had to send it back for repair because the slide ended up off the "rail" and the back of the slide was on top of the frame. The slide and recoil spring were replaced and it worked fine, but I had moved on mentally. It is awfully snappy for a .32 and not that fast for follow-up shots. The lack of sights made it pretty useless unless the bad guy is really close. Two bad guys would be interesting. The magazine disconnect safety prevents the slide from retracting when the magazine is out. Disassembly was a pain. I don't know how drop safe the gun is. Other than that, it was great. smile After sitting in the safe unloved for decades, I finally got rid of it.

I think there are better designed micro guns out there now, although they don't have the coolness factor.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
what would you suggest for a micro gun?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
anyone have one of these? Are they as reliable as they are reported to be? easy to carry? What are your experiences?

There was a time when they were the cat's meow. The progression of technology has made them an anachronism.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
what would you suggest for a micro gun?

Ruger LCP.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t waste your money on a fuggin Seecamp unless you just want to own a heavy jamamtic. And I’ve owned just about every small auto pocket size pistol made at one time or another. And the only two that I’ve found to be 100 % reliable in that size true pocket carry gun have been the Keltec .32 and the old model Ruger LCP .380, in my personal experience. Period.

Sure, there are probably other brands & models that are “reliable” in that size and caliber. But no others that I’d personally bet my life on. Just my personal experience though, for whatever it’s worth.

I will add that there are many other reliable small carry guns, that I consider 100 % reliable such as the Glock 42 & 43 and others, but they are not what I consider a true “pocket” gun.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My Sig P238 has been rock solid reliable, but it's a bit bigger and heavier than the LCP.

My LCP is also reliable, but painful to shoot more than a couple of mags full. I could shoot several hundred rounds through my P238 without discomfort. Same for a Glock 42.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glock 43. Love mine. Slip it in a pants' pocket or jacket pocket and you don't hardly even know it's there.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The NAA Guardian 32 acp is an impressive little pistol.

A friend has had one for years and it's the only gun he ever 'carries'
and he carries it all time in one of those felt pocket holsters
in any pants or jacket pocket convenient.

<> http://northamericanarms.com/shop/firerarms/naa-32acp/ <>

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
..have to agree what has been said... I've had two friends with them and although built like a Swiss watch they don't run like one...very picky feeders...

Micro gun...KelTec .32.... I have had a good 8 over the last 15 years and keep loosing them to friends who shoot them and then ask to buy it... Have been very lucky in that none of the ones I have owned had any issues at all...and all but the first one I bought were used.

Was lucky enough one time to shoot 5 different micro .32s and .380s at the same time... The KelTec .32 was a lot more shootable and reliable than any of the others... And it was the least expensive, smallest, lightest and had the least kick.

Put a pocket clip on it and it can be hidden anywhere. After I got out of LE and became a PI, I carried one clipped to my underwear right under my zipper...you are unlikely to be searched there and all you have to do is ask to go to the bathroom to access it...

There is a tiny laser that goes on in front of the triggerguard...with it 25 yard shots in low light are easy... The later made ones have a much better set of sights than the early one...

Next step up for me is the Kahr P380.... I just did my LEOSA qualification that went all the way back to 25 yards...did back to back 100s...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’ve owned a Seecamp for 20 years. It’s been in my back pocket in a wallet holster more often then not. It’s certainly not the best thing for concealed carry, except that its what I have with me because it’s so easy to comfortably conceal. I doubt I’ve fired more than 2 boxes of ammo in those 20 years. It’s been 100% reliable with Winchester Silvertips which is all I’ve ever used. It is not a “range” or plinking gun. If it’s convenient, I carry a S&W M&P Compact or Stealth and find either of those to be a fine gun to for range use. I’ve never fired a Ruger LCP, but suspect it may be a better choice due to the weight. I must admit that I do have an affinity for steel over plastic and my favorite handgun is a 1950’s Browning Highpower, so the Seecamp will likely be with me for a while.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I've used the .32 Seecamp since 1999.

I have found it to be a very reliable rig--however, they must be well lubed for proper functioning, which is something I consider to be a negative in a carry rig, as lubrication draws lint.

I don't use mine for carry--just for practicing speed drills. If one can master pipsqueak rigs at heightened firing speeds, one can shoot all the better with a larger rig.

The standard Silvertip--which it was originally intended to use, would seldom expand in test media. One time, I had some one gallon jugs in my car. It was February, and they were frozen, but not completely solid. I fired a Silvertip into one from about 10 yards, and it went through it. The Federal Hydrashok does expand nicely if fired from the tiny Seecamp.

The magazine has an "L" shaped spacer in the back. I removed this, and cut it off about 1/4 inch above the "L" bend, and then reinstalled it. This allowed me to fire something longer than the Silvertip, such as the Fiocchi FMJ round, making practice much more affordable.

I've done 180 degree turnaround drills with this pipsqueak from a low ready. At the beep, turning 180, and firing while retreating from 1 to 4 yards, placing 5 shots into the inner circle of a paper plate in 2.21 seconds--so they are efficient, and capable of good accuracy even though they have no sights, and sport a heavy double action only trigger.

If you're not sure about the Seecamp rig, a Kel Tec p 32 will serve you well--they are cheap, and very reliable....

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by P_Weed
The NAA Guardian 32 acp is an impressive little pistol.

A friend has had one for years and it's the only gun he ever 'carries'
and he carries it all time in one of those felt pocket holsters
in any pants or jacket pocket convenient.

<> http://northamericanarms.com/shop/firerarms/naa-32acp/ <>

I had one of those in the 1990s. Cool little gun, and I pocket carried it a lot, but the mags with the finger support would often cause unreliability (I guess because finger pressure altered the position of the magazine a little). Standard mags worked fine, but without that finger support, accurate shooting was more difficult.

Overall, I should have kept it and just not used the finger support mags, just because they are cool little guns.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Back in the early - mid 90s my shootin' buddy ordered a Seecamp .32. Long, long wait. We took it out to the range and before he finished the first magazine full, the frickin' slide went off the front of the frame and landed on its nose in front of him. Then he had a similarly long wait to get it repaired. He wasn't real impressed.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.