Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you pitched that one right down the middle......grin

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol, too true! I deserved that...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Anybody have any General tag shoulder season recommendations?

I never filled my elk tag and am not wanting to buy a non resident B if I don't have to.

Thanks!

why not allow everyone just to have one elk tag for any elk for 2 years ?, and any rancher who owns land that allows elk hunting on their property give them a $100.00 bonus for any non-resident who shoots an elk on his property. there are some very wealthy people that own plenty land with too many elk on their property and do not allow many people on this private land and yes disease may happen that needs to change soon too ? but resident licenses need to be half of a non-resident tag ,in general I have seen some very poor resident hunters that pick-up hunt only that needs to stop too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53

I never filled my elk tag and am not wanting to buy a non resident B if I don't have to.

Thanks!

why not allow everyone just to have one elk tag for any elk for 2 years ?, and any rancher who owns land that allows elk hunting on their property give them a $100.00 bonus for any non-resident who shoots an elk on his property. there are some very wealthy people that own plenty land with too many elk on their property and do not allow many people on this private land and yes disease may happen that needs to change soon too ? but resident licenses need to be half of a non-resident tag ,in general I have seen some very poor resident hunters that pick-up hunt only that needs to stop too.

So you think non-residents should get preferential treatment?

Good luck with that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

Thanks!

So you think non-residents should get preferential treatment?

Good luck with that.

> yes they should non-residents pay more and the western states make more money of us too ,even liberal Colorado does.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Thanks!

The "Wisconsin Whine" is STRONG with this one.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Thanks!

We already have a block management program where fwp pays landowners who allow hunting on their land. Works fine. As to the increase in resident licence fees.... Go jump. They don't need increased licence costs to make you feel better. I hunt idaho every year, and I pay out of state tag prices. No complaining. If you don't like the way we do things here, don't hunt here.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like I said, good luck with that. Makes a lot of sense, state agencies giving preference to non-residents.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Residents need to pay a lot more. Though I’m not sure a general MT elk or deer license are worth wiping your ass with these days.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Of course not. You and your butt buddy Kurt are way off base. You keep trying to bring that ridiculous story of defacing property. You haven't even been there and keep trying to make something of it. It is a signature rock face that local ranchers have scratched their names and brands into for decades. That is how we found it, we were told by local ranchers. Somewhere after the fact, there has been a claim that there are petroglyphs in the same are, but it is also under good authority that the so-called petroglyphs were scratched there by those same ranchers.

You have no knowledge of any of this but through Kurt and yet you don't see mine or anyone else's name by the petroglyphs, just in another rock face. Here is another picture of a rock face we defaced, I have found them in various places around the state and they are nothing more than markes of people and their passing by a similar place over time. Go ahead and report this one too...

A couple things: 1) I'm not butt buddies with anybody but I did take those pictures with somebody who goes to church with you. 2) I have been there, know the locals, didn't see any local brands or names - just you and your boys names. 3) Your names are a couple steps from the petroglyphs and there is now a sign there, as it's on USFS land. 4) I didn't "report" anything, but was curious if you got in any trouble.

Now - back to the great elk hunting thread..

You had me til you said “church”..... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Residents need to pay a lot more. Though I’m not sure a general MT elk or deer license are worth wiping your ass with these days.

Come hunt Wa you’ll see why I greedily pay the price..... haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Matter of fact I’ll gladly pay $10000 for a buck tag over there...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Judman
[You had me til you said “church”..... grin

Everybody knows church folk are smart, decent, and honest peoples..

Originally Posted by Judman
Matter of fact I’ll gladly pay $10000 for a buck tag over there...

Nobody with half a firing brain cell would pay that without some prime access to private property.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Never had prime access to private property, but I’m all ears if you have lead or 3...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J, access to prime private is where it's at....

I can't afford it!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Any leads sammo? Pm would be excellent

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As a aside, I love Montana, I love the people, the country, the business’, the hunting, it’s probably my favorite trip of the year, can’t wait to come back....

PS, it’s amazing the access a guy can get if you act like a white man....
[Linked Image]

2018 was a 185” of love.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

why do you say residents need to pay a lot more?...…...bob

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don’t like sheds either.... grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a nice one!

Sorry no leads on private honey holes.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.