Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone suggest an accurate aftermarket barrel for a Glock 20 that will enhance its accuracy?

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I would the LW Alpawolf. I have 3 for varies Glocks, and I haven't had any trouble.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like my KKM. I had problems with an alpha wolf and returned it. The KKM has been flawless and I’d not look anywhere else if I were getting another Glock barrel.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
I like my KKM. I had problems with an alpha wolf and returned it. The KKM has been flawless and I’d not look anywhere else if I were getting another Glock barrel.

A big + 1 on KKM. Works great, pretty reasonable price and it doesn't hurt that they're local for me.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Count me in the KKM Precision camp, I have experience with 5 different ones (G26, G19, G21, and two different G40’s). All run great!

Mark in GA

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I find it weird that people flock to buying a new Glock and then replace the barrel.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by jwp475

I find it weird that people flock to buying a new Glock and then replace the barrel.

I think its just about squeezing that last little bit of accuracy out of a gun!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
For me it was the ability to shoot hard cast lead out of a regular rifled barrel.

I know that plenty of guys shoot lead in regular Glock barrels without incident but it'll give me a little more peace of mind.

A little better case support is nice as well.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Not all pistols need after market barrels to be accurate.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

No, it's mostly people buying accessories because they want to dress something up, along with believing junk on the internet written by other people with the same mindset.

I've compared a bunch of factory and aftermarket Glock barrels over the past ~10 years or so, and have learned that most aftermarket barrels are no more accurate than Glock OEM, and some are significantly worse. The same goes for the "can't shoot lead bullets in a Glock" foolishness; most of what I shoot is cast bullets and I've found more tendency for leading in a lot of the aftermarket barrels than in factory Glock. But, the myth continues, as you'll see in pretty much every internet conversation about Glock barrels.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JLimbo
For me it was the ability to shoot hard cast lead out of a regular rifled barrel.

I know that plenty of guys shoot lead in regular Glock barrels without incident but it'll give me a little more peace of mind.

A little better case support is nice as well.

This was my exact reasoning as well. I shoot cast Bullets 20 or 30 to 1 vs jacketed and I appreciate the extra bit of case support too.

Mark in GA

Last edited by MarkinGA; 12/08/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"The same goes for the "can't shoot lead bullets in a Glock" foolishness; most of what I shoot is cast bullets and I've found more tendency for leading in a lot of the aftermarket barrels than in factory Glock. But, the myth continues, as you'll see in pretty much every internet conversation about Glock barrels.:

Yondering,

Believe it was Glock GES.m.b.H. that started the 'Myth'.

Back to aftermarket barrels;

1.) KKM will give you much more support than the factory barrels.

2.) I find that accuracy with any barrel is highly dependent upon the load. I have loads that a KKM barrel will shoot better, and I have loads that a Glock OEM barrel will shoot better. My take===> if you are not running 45 Super or top end (book loads) 10mm loads try the Glock barrel first.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
"The same goes for the "can't shoot lead bullets in a Glock" foolishness; most of what I shoot is cast bullets and I've found more tendency for leading in a lot of the aftermarket barrels than in factory Glock. But, the myth continues, as you'll see in pretty much every internet conversation about Glock barrels.:

Yondering,

Believe it was Glock GES.m.b.H. that started the 'Myth'.

Sort of, but the severity of it was exaggerated and blown up by "experts" who didn't understand what they were talking about, in gun magazines and then online. The warning about lead bullets from Glock was really about the soft swaged lead bullets that used to be more common; Speer and Hornady sold a lot of them for example. The same issues did not apply to harder cast bullets, but of course the warning was simplified to include all lead bullets because of the lowest common denominator principle (i.e. those who frankly just aren't smart enough to learn the difference). Then of course that warning was blown up by people online who also don't know any better, and it continues to be passed around as gospel truth, as we still see here.

Glock also says in the same manual not to shoot handloads (and so do most other factory manuals) but we don't get all worked up about that. Funny how one warning gets picked out as a big deal, and the other is completely ignored...

Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My G20 was unfortunately the least accurate out of several glock models I have tried. I even ran reloads through it without much success. Never had an issue with case support.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a G20 with a 6" Wolf barrel, had the same "case blow out" problems as reported in "regular" Block barrels. Switched to a 6' Glock barrel, had good case support with it, no more problems.

Mike

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have several brands. First, let me say that Glock barrels are generally very accurate to begin with. My main reason for aftermarket barrels has been increased velocity. I've chronographed same loads in stock Glock barrels and aftermarket barrels and get anywhere from 25-100fps increases in 10mm. I've only had one Glock were the stock barrel provided disappointing accuracy. That was a G34. It could have been the ammunition, but I tried about 10 brands and finally just gave up trying. It now has a Zev match barrel in it. For the 10mm's my favorite is Jarvis, but I don't think he makes 10mm barrels anymore. The Bar-Sto in my G40 was a semi drop-in and required some milling, but it's been very accurate. I have one KKM and one Lone Wolf. One is a 10mm to 40sw conversion and the other just a replacement barrel for a Gen2 G20. If I was opting for ultimate accuracy, I'd chose the Bar-Sto. If I was shooting soft lead rounds, I think any aftermarket cut rifling will do, and if you want reliability, stick with the stock barrel.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Esox357
Anyone suggest an accurate aftermarket barrel for a Glock 20 that will enhance its accuracy?

I believe a Bar-Sto Match would be the most accurate consistently, but it must be fitted by the gunsmith or them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,035
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.