Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I just ordered a case of 2,000 from Wholesale Hunter. $342 shipped. That’s $8.55/box. Not bad.

Too bad you didn't buy some from bi-mart about 3 months ago, when the federals were $7.99/box... I stocked up on ammo then and actually bought 2 17HMR rifles... Ended up selling my 10-22 because the 17 is funner to shoot, and more accurate...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I won’t buy from Bi-Mart, I don’t care how good the sale is.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I won’t buy from Bi-Mart, I don’t care how good the sale is.

I can appreciate a man with principles.
stand by 'em bud,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Picked my T1X .22 up today. Like the sharper molded in checkering on the stock. Much easier to hang on to. 5lb, 13oz. bare rifle. 6lb, 14oz with 10 rounds in the magazine, Outback II can, and Leupold 2.5x8x40 sitting in a pair of 16Bore lowered Talley rings. Yes, the rings are milled a little wide. But they are workable. Had to take 0.055" off the three long screws to clear the bolt raceway. First 10 rounds off hand fed, fired, and ejected without issue. Will try to set up the bench and do target work tomorrow.

Questions: (1) Where can I pick up extra magazine? And are there any 5 round magazines available? (2) Where can I find grip inserts to change up the wrist geometry ? Specifically wondering if there is anything thinner / more open than the stock grip insert. I see the fuller / more closed insert. I did a quick Google search looking for aftermarket parts. However, did not see a lot.

I want to see an honest write up of that gun using various types of ammo! please!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Like others suggested I sent the Ruger American .22 LR back to Ruger. THey had it for 3 days and I got it today. They had to recrown the barrel and sent me a test target. If it shoots that good I will buy another one or two in a heartbeat.

Again thanks for the tip on sending it back.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pharmseller: There are NO Bi-Marts in Montana where I live but when I travel west to the coast for gunshows I make it a point to stop at the Bi-Marts on the way, they often have excellent prices on rimfire ammo and rare ammo IN STOCK!
I have done this for MANY years now.
What is your perceived beef with Bi-Mart - I have heard nothing negative about them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Like others suggested I sent the Ruger American .22 LR back to Ruger. THey had it for 3 days and I got it today. They had to recrown the barrel and sent me a test target. If it shoots that good I will buy another one or two in a heartbeat.

That sounds great !

smile

I hope it shoots well for you ..

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pharmseller: There are NO Bi-Marts in Montana where I live but when I travel west to the coast for gunshows I make it a point to stop at the Bi-Marts on the way, they often have excellent prices on rimfire ammo and rare ammo IN STOCK!
I have done this for MANY years now.
What is your perceived beef with Bi-Mart - I have heard nothing negative about them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Bi-Mart decided to hop on the virtue-signaling bus and refuse to sell shotguns and long guns to those under 21.

Not 18, which is the legal limit.

Why support Bi Mart?

Their policies infringe on my son’s Second Amendment rights.

From their press release:

“As part of the national debate on gun sales, Bi-Mart and Cascade Farm and Outdoor stores, a division of Bi-Mart, issued a statement clarifying the company’s policy with three key elements.

Bi-Mart has always carried a mix of merchandise that supported the shooting sports and hunting community and will continue to do so.
Bi-Mart has never stocked or sold AK or AR platform rifles or bump-stocks and nor high-capacity magazines for these firearms and will not stock them in the future.
While emphasizing that Bi-Mart’s policies for firearm sales meet or exceed all Federal and State laws where they operate and currently follow all government age restrictions., the release says Bi-Mart believes increasing the minimum age for purchase of firearms to age 21 “is a step in the right direction,” and announces that they will now only sell guns and ammunition to those 21 or older that meet state and federal requirements for purchasing firearms.”

A step in the right direction? Which direction would that be? I guess it’s the direction that erodes our gun rights.

I have not stepped foot into a Bi-Mart since they adopted this policy.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Ruger frustrates me in some ways. They make guns that are very appealing to me. Their QC needs major improvement though. Their Customer Service after the sale rarely disappoints. Thankfully.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Finally got a range session today. Dead on at 50 yards put me a half inch high at 100. 200 yards was 6 1/2” low. Wind played hell with that little bullet at 200 but if you doped it right you could break clay pigeons.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally got a range session today. Dead on at 50 yards put me a half inch high at 100. 200 yards was 6 1/2” low. Wind played hell with that little bullet at 200 but if you doped it right you could break clay pigeons.

P

You're pretty much dealing with 500+ yard CF drift with a 22LR at 200. Makes paying big bucks for high grade 22 LR ammo worth every penny.

I
I
Do you have any concern, when nutria hunting, about adding to the lead poisoning problems birds-of-prey and carrion eaters are suffering? If you were to use head shots exclusively, would it be practical to decapitate the nutria and bury the head (where lead fragments will be found)?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No, now go back to wherever yo came from you fool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
No, now go back to wherever yo came from you fool.

I'll join you in extending a warm welcome to our new member.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think deceitful to show photos of the gun without the magazine. The ugly POS is a deal breaker for me. Maybe I exaggerate, but; lets not hide the truth. Picture the complete rifle when showing off the new stocks and scopes.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by iliketoshoot
Do you have any concern, when nutria hunting, about adding to the lead poisoning problems birds-of-prey and carrion eaters are suffering? If you were to use head shots exclusively, would it be practical to decapitate the nutria and bury the head (where lead fragments will be found)?

Nope, no concerns. But if you’re worried about it, send me a PM and I’ll let you know where the carcasses are. Bring a shovel and you can bury them.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by fourbore
I think deceitful to show photos of the gun without the magazine. The ugly POS is a deal breaker for me. Maybe I exaggerate, but; lets not hide the truth. Picture the complete rifle when showing off the new stocks and scopes.

Calling a man deceitful could be taken as rude behavior.

That said, I have no problem with the appearance including the magazine. What the hell, it ain’t like we’re talking about titties.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pharm.....I can't believe you ruined it for fourbore. You're salesmanship is questionable. There are rules for posting pictures of rifles. First and foremost, you MUST show the magazine. Rick has a sticky about this, I hope you're not reduced to one post per day.

Dammit man, just when you think a guy is kosher......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Enjoying the discussion. I finally got my T1X in 22lr. Scoped it with Warne rings and an old Vari-X III in 4.5-14. I had an assortment of 22 ammo on hand, so I thought I’d see how well the rifle shot. I did 10 shot groups with Rem Thunderbolt, Rem Golden, CCI minimags, Federal bulk ammo, and Federal Auto Match. Both Of the Remingtons shot 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards, with groups being vertical. The CCI and Federal bulk was about 7/8 inch, and the Federal Auto Match was at 5/8”, with all but one in one hole. Then I read the owners manual and it said 1 MOA was guaranteed at 50 yards with 3 shot groups. So I shot some 3 shot groups with the Auto Match and it easily met the guarantee. Smallest group was one slightly elongated hole.

At 100 yards, in a gusty wind, using the Auto Match, the best I could do was 1.5 inches. Next calm day I’ll try again.

I haven’t adjusted the trigger yet, and I need to try some better ammo. I really like the rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The stock is the same one that's on the T3x (except the bottom metal) correct?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.