Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yetti

"I may take you up on that. I may take a day off to go up to Kifaru to check out their packs. My work hours are the same as their open hours. "

I did exactly the same thing 4 years ago. The guys there spent about a hour with me trying on and discussing attributes of different packs, and ultimately fitting one.

Fast forward to a month ago. Wanted to check out the new generation packs and had a bunch of questions. Called first and drove down from Ft. Collins. Certainly a impressive array of packs and equipment.
The girl up front said she could answer and of my questions. And she did with a yes or no in between phone calls...……………..

Never saw another person. Left there with plastic firmly secured in wallet....might as well gone to Dicks or Cabellas.

Perhaps it was just a bad day.

LC

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you go there, ask to speak with Aron. Last time I went he took car of me. Even offered to loan me one of their sleeping bags so I could try it out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Smokepole,

Actually I met Aron 4 years ago a great guy and a beast of a man. I am sure he could load up 2 elk quarters and "take off'

I spent about a hour on the phne with 2 Mystery Ranch guys. I may look at one next week or order one that I could try and send back if I don't like it.

Lefty

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use a Eberlestock just one on my backpack hunts in Colorado. It is not a light pack at over 7lbs but I have had elk in it and I could not lift it alone I had my Best friend help lift it up so I could pack it out. I was amazed the shoulder straps did not give out.
Just FYI I’m 6’2 and a ExMarine and there is not much I can not lift or move if I put my mind to it. It is a extremely tough pack.
I will be taking it to Alaska next fall Caribou Hunting on a DIY hunt.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A kind of funny story. I started an outfitting and retail business in 1990 and attended an Outdoor Retailer show in Reno, Nv. Patrick Smith, Mountain smith/kifaru and Dana Gleason, Dana Designs/ Mystery Ranch were 2 of the few mfgrs. of quality gear that were interested in talking to an itinerant climber/ SAR guy w/ a startup business. They backed their products 1000% and I never had a customer dissatisfied w/ their gear decisions. 28 years later either would be my 1st choice depending on fit. These are people who have lived the life and are legends in an industry that mostly went to China.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
love my stone glacier, fit is everything! try on as many as you can, the one that fits you the best is the right one.
all the packs you are looking at are first class, i would check out mystery ranch too.
have fun with it!!!

ho ho ho

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mod7rem
The best piece of gear I’ve ever bought is a McHale critical mass pack. Custom fit and made of dyneema fabric
(not dyneema blend)..

Money well spent.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We are having a quick flash sale on Seek Outside packs through the 17th
Use Code: decemberpack

Seek Outside Hunting Backpacks

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by Kevin_T; 12/13/18.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Lots of great advice and some more thinking to do! I've been leaning towards Kifaru and think I may go that route. BeanMan, I appreciate the offer, but Palisade is a little far to go to try out a pack, although if I find myself that way doing some scouting, I may have to look you up!

Yetti, I'm on the south side of Denver. I have 2 Kifaru G2 packs. If you want to check them out, maybe load one up and take it for a spin, let me know. Heck, they'd probably do the same at their shop come to think of it.

I may take you up on that. I may take a day off to go up to Kifaru to check out their packs. My work hours are the same as their open hours.

So you are going to give that old ruck sack one more try next year?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.