Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I agree with TrapperJ
I'm money ahead by a long shot, and the food stays better longer than the old foodsaver stuff I used to use.

Agree completely.

We often have multiple units working at once and we cut multiple moose back-to-back. Packing hundreds of pounds of meat and fish at a time it is faster and does a better job. Regardless how it is frozen, or held, the vac packers do a better job. The quality of the bags is critical to longevity in the freezer. Proper handling of the packages is always important.

I've always said that foodsavers are responsible for more wasted fish than the bering sea trawl fleet..

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I agree with TrapperJ
I'm money ahead by a long shot, and the food stays better longer than the old foodsaver stuff I used to use.

Agree completely.

We often have multiple units working at once and we cut multiple moose back-to-back. Packing hundreds of pounds of meat and fish at a time it is faster and does a better job. Regardless how it is frozen, or held, the vac packers do a better job. The quality of the bags is critical to longevity in the freezer. Proper handling of the packages is always important.

I've always said that foodsavers are responsible for more wasted fish than the bering sea trawl fleet..

You gotta point!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The every-day freezer contains tall boxes, each full of different cuts, whether steaks, roasts, burger or stew meat. Each has the oldest packages on top, with newer packages on the bottom. So when we want to cook steaks, we grab a package from that box. There's also a box for gamebirds, same deal.

Each year just before hunting season we take everything out of all the freezers and defrost them, then rearrange the packages in the boxes. It doesn't take nearly as long as you might imagine, usually 2-3 hours.

My problem is I hate defrosting freezers at least as much as you hate cleaning rifle bores..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ha!

We do it once a year, usually in August. The whole process, including shifting the packages around so the oldest are on top, takes 2-3 hours. But we've been doing it for a while....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,311
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.