Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deputy30
Does it weigh what bergara's website claims it does and what did sas have to say about it that lead you to buy it unseen?
Thanks

yes weight is true and SAS said it was nice accurate rifle
I don't know what else to say other than it had all the features I was looking for so I bought it
Barrel had a bigger contour than the Fieldcraft as I was going back and forth between the two and opted for the bigger contoured barrel as I'm not a fan of a #1 contour

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a B-14 Hunter in 6.5CM. It is consistently accurate, and very easy to shoot. It is not a lightweight rifle, but more of a middleweight.

The barrel profile is pretty beefy; I think it's a #3. I'm not a huge fan of super slim barrels, and like the weight out in front from a balance perspective although I'd prefer a #2 for long distance carrying. The stock feels a bit chunky too.

If you don't mind the weight, it is a very nice rifle. It reminds me of a slightly higher quality Rem 700.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah the B-14 is way too heavy for My taste. I also like the heavier contour barrel on the Bergara Mtn over the Barrett Fieldcraft, And I dont care for how the bolt handle attaches on the Fieldcraft.......The new Bergara Mtn rifle also uses Rem 700 bases, this is a big plus with many scope mounting options available......Hb

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Again the Premier series does NOT use Rem 700 bases

MOUNTING A SCOPE
Mounting a scope on the Bergara Premier and Custom rifles is a very straight-forward
procedure. Highly recommended is the one-piece Picatinny style mount with a 20 MOA
cant. These are available through Bergara USA, Bergara Authorized Dealers and other
scope mount manufacturers. For those who prefer 2 piece mounts, the Bergara
Premier Action uses the same dimension 2-piece scope mounts as the Browning
A-Bolt 3, Savage Accu-Trigger guns (8X40 screws only)

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a B-14 Hunter in 30-06. It shoots very well, and I like the 24" barrel. Mine weighs 8-1/2 lbs with a 3-9x Zeiss scope on top. I don't mind the weight, it soaks up the recoil. I'm 72 and can't handle recoil like I could when I was young. Bergaras are what Remingtons should be. Mine has a nice short throat and tight chamber. I had problems with feeding from the drop-floor plate style magazine, so I bought the detachable box magazine kit and swapped it out. No feeding problems now. I would consider another Bergara.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Again the Premier series does NOT use Rem 700 bases

MOUNTING A SCOPE
Mounting a scope on the Bergara Premier and Custom rifles is a very straight-forward
procedure. Highly recommended is the one-piece Picatinny style mount with a 20 MOA
cant. These are available through Bergara USA, Bergara Authorized Dealers and other
scope mount manufacturers. For those who prefer 2 piece mounts, the Bergara
Premier Action uses the same dimension 2-piece scope mounts as the Browning
A-Bolt 3, Savage Accu-Trigger guns (8X40 screws only)

Sorry George but the latest Bergara Premier series rifles use Rem 700 bases, yours does not as it is one of the first year Premier rifles, they use Savage mounts, but on the bright side your rifle should have a Timney trigger where the new Bergara Premier rifles use Triggertech triggers (also an excellent trigger that i prefer)....Do a minimal amount if research and you will find out for yourself 😁........Hb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
going back and forth between the Ridge in .22-250, or Premier Approach or HMR Pro in 6mm Creed. Love the Trigger Tech

I REALLY LOVE the Christensen MPR but they dont offer it in the calibers I'm interested in. I'm really impressed with it.

I felt all of them yesterday at my LGS including the Browning Xbolt Hell's Canyon LR with the McMillan Game Scout stock, love the stock.

The Bergaras are stout, VERY well made rifles,\!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.