Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
from the article:
But as Oregon State Police investigated the hunter in May 2018 in connection to other crimes, they learned the record-setting deer had been shot with a rifle.
Seems that the gentleman isn't an upstanding citizen. The police apparently had cause to look further.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
What pisses me off the most, is the penalties the Judge gave him...

3 years no hunting license... $6250 fine, same as they can give you for littering.... and so on..

This guy should never be allowed to have a hunting license or a firearm.. along with 5 to 10 years behind bars.. seizure of about $50k of his possessions....

Why? It’s a [bleep] deer. Are you PETA or something? It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two.

I understand the need for seasons and all that, but I’ll never understand those who would basically wish for someone’s life to be ended because he killed an animal in a illegal manner, particularly when had he waited a few weeks and killed it in the exact same manner, it would have been completely legal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Since it is only illegal if you get caught I guess he got caught.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob

3 years no hunting license... $6250 fine, same as they can give you for littering.... and so on..

This guy should never be allowed to have a hunting license or a firearm.. along with 5 to 10 years behind bars.. seizure of about $50k of his possessions....

Why? It’s a [bleep] deer. Are you PETA or something? It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two.

I understand the need for seasons and all that, but I’ll never understand those who would basically wish for someone’s life to be ended because he killed an animal in a illegal manner, particularly when had he waited a few weeks and killed it in the exact same manner, it would have been completely legal.

Because he stole it from a legal hunter. I hate thieves.

"It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two."

No way to know this or assume it probable. I legal hunter could have killed it and this scum took away that chance.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by callnum

"It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two."

No way to know this or assume it probable. I legal hunter could have killed it and this scum took away that chance.

That sort of twisted logic could be applied to about anything.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No sir, and a common fault in young people these days. It's illegal, weither or not you get caught. It's the difference between right and wrong, and when you say "it's only wrong if you get caught" you get warped values. That phrase (and justification for wrong behavior) needs to be stomped out without mercy.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You and I differ in that I couldn't give a flying toss what other fellows hunt...or where.

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more sheltered orderly life than I.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Only thing twisted is your sympathy for poachers, which leads to a question of why are you sympathetic to poachers?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kellory

No sir, and a common fault in young people these days. It's illegal, weither or not you get caught. It's the difference between right and wrong, and when you say "it's only wrong if you get caught" you get warped values. That phrase (and justification for wrong behavior) needs to be stomped out without mercy.

Bullsh_t.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You and I differ in that I couldn't give a flying toss what other fellows hunt...or where.

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more honest life than I.

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by callnum; 12/14/18.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bullsh_t.

Not bull. You only see punishment if you get caught, but the action is still illegal, the law has been violated. You have done wrong. That doesn't change just because no one was looking at the time.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more lawful life than I.

[b][/b][i][/i]

Really, you think the half-arsed greenie stuffed up laws should all be dutifully obeyed at all costs...I don't.

And I don't give a flying f_ck as to your opinion on the matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more lawful life than I.

[b][/b][i][/i]

Really, you think the half-arsed greenie stuffed up laws should all be dutifully obeyed at all costs...I don't.

Then why the f_ck are you on a forum? That would be counter productive.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Only thing twisted is your sympathy for poachers, which leads to a question of why are you sympathetic to poachers?

Because I’m smart enough to realize that wanting to send someone to jail for years, fine them tens of thousands of dollars, and otherwise ruin their lives for shooting a deer is ridiculous and stupid?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jericho
A few years ago some guys from FT Hood TX shot a large alligator illegally and posted pictures on facebook. They were arrested the next day.

Dunno about that but this one was busted because of a facebook post. Kilt on neighbors place about 1/2 mile from my house back in 2011

https://www.elgincourier.com/news/article_a073f356-48d6-11e0-88e4-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=jqm

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Bullsh_t.

Not bull. You only see punishment if you get caught, but the action is still illegal, the law has been violated. You have done wrong. That doesn't change just because no one was looking at the time.

I obey that which I deem to be in my interest...that which I consider absurd, stupid, childish, or aimed at some one else, I simply ignore.

For instance, it is illegal to dispatch native fauna without a relevant licence from National Sparks and Wildfires...but I refuse to allow vehicle struck 'roos to die a miserable death so kill them as I will to alleviate suffering...and f_ck the law and your opinion.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

[b][/b][i][/i]

Then why the f_ck are you on a forum? That would be counter productive.

Because I damn well wish to be, and I do not need your permission so be so good as to go f_ck yourself...or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your laws and your issues. But by that logic, I chose to ignore all laws. No problem....right?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Touchy, touchy....sounds like a guilty conscience, or an untenable position.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more honest life than I.

Fixed it for you.

Judgey sort of a c_nt aren't you.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,746
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.