Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
JB, I was wondering if you had a chance to handle a Hells Canyon X bolt (any configuration)? It looks like Browning is stepping up in the long range game and looks to be competitive with the Hells Canyon line. Are you planning on doing a review any time soon? Thanks.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haviland reviewed one in Rifle 291, March 2017. His was a 7mm Remington. He liked it, but thought it was a bit long, as I recall.

That issue also has articles on the Cooper Backcountry, the Nosler Patriot in .33, and the Weatherby Vanguard line.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks pappy

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I dug that copy out and read it. Kinda half hearted review.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Half-hearted or half-assed? I think he may have bought that one after he was done. What he wrote wouldn't make me run out and buy one, or not buy one for that matter. They look too metro-sexual to me, like a lot of newer Browning stuff, but I'm a product of the 50s and 60s, so that's to be expected.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an X-Bolt Hunter on the way in 375 H&H

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
$75.00 rebate until end of dec on new browning rifles

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
$75.00 rebate until end of dec on new browning rifles

Yup. I'll be sending that puppy off.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Me too!

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 375 H&H has arrived.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like X-bolts, they fit me better than Tikkas for some reason, and yes I own both. Both are accurate out of the box, decent quality rifles. To me a lot better fit and finish than the RAR, No more Model 70s, still have two Rem 700s that have been heavily "improved" - barrels, triggers, stocks, firing pin bushings, etc. Prolly gonna be Brownings or Tikkas or maybe a Fieldcraft if there is anything for either of us on down the road.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had one in 6mm Creedmoor. Very accurate and well made. It was a little long for my taste so it went down the road.

Killed a 8 pointer with it. Carries well and I like the scope base screws, they have four holes per base.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Browning QC is outstanding. I'd sooner buy a new Browning than anyone elses wares.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My rebate went through smooth. Should get a check in a few weeks according to the Browning email.

Waiting on my rings and will put my Nightforce on it. Got a few boxes of ELD X's in 143 gr. to try first. I may or may not handload for it.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like them if they didn't have those god-awful, useless effing noisemakers sticking on the end of them.

Complete deal-breaker for me on something like a 6.5 Creedmoor.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
Browning QC is outstanding. I'd sooner buy a new Browning than anyone elses wares.

I currently own 4 of them and they are great rifles IMO. Only thing I've done to each of them is replace the trigger spring with one from MCARBO. Whoever at Browning decided to put a 9 twist barrel on the 22-250 and then ruin it by putting it in a super short action receiver wasn't thinking clearly though.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
I'd like them if they didn't have those god-awful, useless effing noisemakers sticking on the end of them.

Just unscrew it, no? They come with a thread cover.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You still have to pay for something that is both useless and annoying .... and expensive. Why not make it with a standard barrel and lower the price by $150.00?

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I know some long range shooters like them, even with non kickers.

I don't have one but lots of folks want to screw on a can so why not get a threaded barrel out of the gate.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

You still have to pay for something that is both useless and annoying .... and expensive. Why not make it with a standard barrel and lower the price by $150.00?

The brake is fake and probably worth about $2 on Browning's end. Use the thread protector.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 53 invisible), 3,158 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.