Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have one, bought it a few years ago to run large batches of 9mm&40SW, worked too many hours and not enough sleep to keep up with a progressive, batched them through 250pcs. at a time per operation. all dies set and maintained in turret head. I ran several thousand that way with zero mistakes. You cannot go wrong with this press, you will like and enjoy loading with it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one. There is nothing better of its kind. Immune to all the ills said to plague turrets. Often praised on this and other sites and the personal choice of many writers. Only reason not to buy one is to buy something substantially different for specific different use. I also have a CoAx, a Harrell's 4 place turret for portable and a Hollywood Universal for big dies and domed primer punches.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Who has one
How do you like it.
Thinking of buying on.
Thanks
Bill

I recommend them, only thing I did with mine is cut off the lump for the priming tool. It sits upright and is solid and is even better than the previous model which lent back.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[quote=ClarkEMyers]I have one. . I also have a a Harrell's 4 place turret for portable
[/quote

Going back and fourth between the T-7 and a Harrell's. If choosing only one which one? This would be primarily be for bench use as I use Lee presses at the range.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had mine for three years. I won’t use anything else

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have two T7's. Got my first one over a decade ago, and am still using it after dunno how many thousands of rounds in my main (garage) loading room. Got another a couple years ago for my super-cold weather, smaller space in the basement. Both are so consistent that it doesn't matter which hole the dies go in. As with likeaduck, use mine as a semi-progressive for producing lots of accurate ammo.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For exclusive dedicated bench use on a reloading bench permanently setup and mounted solid, that is not clamped, the T7 is far and away the better general choice. Aluminum has some advantages but although kept clean and lubricated it won't last like the iron and steel T7. I'm assuming everybody here knows that a T7 with a million logged cartridges and still going strong was recently retired to display and marketing. Extra holes, extra precision over the life of the press, I like to leave a Redding Instant Indicator tool set up for shoulder and oal adjustments while also having dies set up. And when I have the dies anyway bushing, micrometer bushing, different size bushing, small base and different bullet nose for seating can add up to more than a two die set. T7 does a good job handling spent primers though maybe the CoAx has an edge there the T7 definitely beats the Harrells all hollow with spent primer dumping.

That said the Harrell press is mighty user friendly for low power tasks on shorter cartridges. The shorter throw shorter handle is nice for repetitive tasks - compare with a CoAx third series with a full length handle that clears the long rifle cartridges with micrometer tops Decapping a .40 S&W with a Redding double carbide ring sizing die then pushing the case base first through a bulge buster die works just fine at my desk with the Harrell either way first. I have experimented with extended shell holders for pistol cartridges to shorten the throw and found I still needed to operate over the full range for enough leverage but the Harrell is easier on my arm and shoulder. The Harrell is clamped to my desk next to my monitor and keyboard. The T7 is part of a dedicated bench with a stainless top for static control if good grounding all around helps and I think it might.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 02/10/19. Reason: typo
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As with the others, I've used the T7 for a dozen years. It's by far the best single stage press I've owned.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I took a label design to the printer today if anyone is interested in flags that go over the die and let's you write on the tag. Four different colors with a white area to write on.
My aging eyes make it sometimes a challenge to see the die markings and the flags work for me. I searched around the internet but didn't find any other brilliant ideas, other than sharpy to the turret.
I really like mine and have a handful of turrets set up with dies installed. I can crank out a few extra rounds for my siblings when they forget their ammo or do larger batches with a simple twist of the turret. Mine are all rifle die setups. No pistol yet.
Each rifle has a die setup for its own reload. I have the led lights on mine from inline fab. And was just this weekend considering removing the priming attachment horn.
I did have to clean the ram this weekend with brake cleaner to get all the gunk off, what are you all using to lube the ram?

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
KRAKMT,

Curious about the flags. I have 3 stackers now with the dies in place for my T7. Can you post a picture?

THANKS!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
KRAKMT,

Curious about the flags. I have 3 stackers now with the dies in place for my T7. Can you post a picture?

THANKS!

Tape and a sharpie work too, but not nearly as expensive and time consuming, so likely not popular.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I got the labels back from printer, he created them on a laser cutter, they look good. I expected to have to cut on dotted lines.
If anyone wants to post a pic, I will email one.
My price was Steelhead worthy. Cheaper than tape.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's a picture of the flags KRAKMT had made up...
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KRAKMT, grea job on the flags, have been mulling over a solution to that question without a good answer. I don’t mind a sharpie, but know sooner or later i’ll move hat die position. Or tape, but eventually falls off in the cold or goes ratty.

You’ve hit on a good idea.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My printer guy is a shooter, I told him he could have the business. He hadn’t worked up a price when I picked them up yesterday.
He has a small printshop in Lewistown Montana called Montana West, Lewistown Montana.
John Haugen 406 538-7914

They slip over a lee die easily, the hornady seemed a little tighter.
I have a package of orings to slip down to hold the flag still. If anyone wants a link on orings I can give you that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
99 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,684 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.