Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Just saw on the news that a BC outfitter has filed a class action lawsuit against the BC provincial Govt over banning the grizzly hunt. The Tahltan and Iskut First Nations are in favour of the lawsuit it seems. Just from what I saw, it looks like the outfitter has a good case so will see where it goes.

On another note Yukon Fish Game just announced that human / bear conflicts were up 25% in the Territory in 2018

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great news

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Would love to see the Outfitter win this.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It wasn't Jim Shockey was it?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good luck to the outfitter and everyone that’s been negatively affected by this stupid, emotional, anti-scientific “law”. If in the very first year of the ban on grizzly hunting the “interactions” have been up 25% just imagine 5 or 10 years down the road when the bears have learned over and over that humans are not a threat and in fact are a very tasty treat.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Having hunted up there several times, there's no shortage of grizz , and the residents want em hunted....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BC needs a change of the left government they got. No clue about the real world.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good luck to the outfitter and everyone that’s been negatively affected by this stupid, emotional, anti-scientific “law”. If in the very first year of the ban on grizzly hunting the “interactions” have been up 25% just imagine 5 or 10 years down the road when the bears have learned over and over that humans are not a threat and in fact are a very tasty treat.

Interaction schminteraction, they killed only a very small percent of Grizzlies. Off the top of my head, I'm going to say something like 3%. Grizzly encounters will increase every year due to the progress of development.

Doesn't change the fact the hunt ban is 100% emotional crap. Mr. Horgan even admitted this outright and still went through with it because city folk.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You bet it is nonsense. It is generated by a coalition party tipping in the direction of the Green party. City folks. Grizzly numbers are at carrying capacity in our region and these bears live in our back pocket. We all have altercations with them here . I won't live anywhere where there are no Grizzlies, Elk and bighorns. Yes it has hurt the outfitting businesses here. All I can say- City people and there nonsense ideas

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1 st Nation are big winners on that deal since they will have exclusive right only to hunt bears https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/bear-claws-garbage-dump-1.3686488

Another good read https://www.nationalobserver.com/20...ries-eyed-purchase-first-nations-enviros

Last edited by 378Canuck; 01/06/19.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Tahltan and Iskut First Nations are in favour of the lawsuit it seems>> First nations>YA >Follow the money >> against the pipe line from Alb>to Bc {That I think should be} but if you grease the nations pole with money its all good >>if not mother earth and Us think its Bad!! Enjoy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Honey crullers would be better. You white guys came up with a few good tasting desserts.

One other thing. There's a verse from the song, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot, that has me puzzled. Gordon is a Canadian, from Orillia, Ontario. The song is about an American lake freighter, or at least, I think it is.

It goes, in part...

"The ship was the pride of the American side
Coming back from some mill in Wisconsin
As the big freighters go, it was bigger than most
With a crew and good captain, well seasoned..."

And that was what confused me. Was Gord suggesting that the crew and the captain were to be eaten? They were well seasoned and coming back from a mill.

Then I read this, and was thinking about the stories the elders used to tell.

"The 1913 Handbook of Indians of Canada (reprinting 1907 material from the Bureau of American Ethnology), claims that North American natives practicing cannibalism included,

"... the Montagnais (which included the Innu), and some of the tribes of Maine; the Algonkin, Armouchiquois, Iroquois, and Micmac; farther west the Assiniboine, Cree, Foxes, Chippewa, Miami, Ottawa, Kickapoo, Illinois, Sioux, and Winnebago; -- snip -- in the northwest and west, portions of the continent, the Thlingchadinneh and other Athapascan tribes, the Tlingit, Heiltsuk, Kwakiutl, Tsimshian, Nootka, Siksika, some of the Californian tribes, and the Ute.

That's a bunch!

I'm thinking you should be careful, or you'll end up on the menu. The Great Spirit knows what he likes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Gales of November. Having grown on the shores of Gichigami.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
"The Great Spirit knows what he likes."
I'm not so sure you have that right. I think that was the Big Bopper who said "that's what I like!" GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by smithrjd
The Gales of November. Having grown on the shores of Gichigami.

I believe that Gord was singing about when he lived in Toronto. The line is actually, "The Gails of November remembered." Refuge on a cold night in the big city.

Originally Posted by greydog
"The Great Spirit knows what he likes."
I'm not so sure you have that right. I think that was the Big Bopper who said "that's what I like!" GD

[Linked Image]f

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Griz control is bullet hole...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Unless the bear is enchanted, or it's the Great Spirit himself. The Great Spirit will appear in whatever form he chooses. A bird, a bear, or the wind.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
LUV>> the First Nations as they call themselves {SHOW ME THE MONEY} that's what they should be called!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We are to be addressed as 'sir'. Did they bring you your medication yet? Time for bed.

And you never did answer the question. What IS your favourite chutney?

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck to the outfitter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

720 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,100 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.