-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
Hello everyone, I am looking at purchasing a FEG 3000E 12ga-7x57r but I can’t find a single piece of information on this gun anywhere. Could any one give me any idea on this rifle. Thank you

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm only going by what I believe to remember. The FEG combination guns were not overly refined and were heavy. They made some in the mid-late 1960s and maybe into the 1970s. They are Hungarian, I recall, and it's doubtful that they had any US importer of the combination guns, but that's not carved in stone. As to value I would pay around 1/3 to 1/2 of what I would for a good German or Austrian gun of the same configuration.

I would say they are no doubt strong and functional. Is the gun you're looking to buy scoped, and is the 7X57 a rimmed version? I would assume it is.

Sorry I can't give you more a hands-on opinion. They're not common over here.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Being a 12 bore would put me off it.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
I
OP Offline
I
Thank you luv2safari,

it is the 5x57r and scoped, I have been looking for a gun like this at a reasonable price and this one is only 1000us which seems fine but if I will never be able to find parts if something goes wrong with it then...

Why would the 12 put you off sharp?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
See my answer in "ask the Gun Writers" as with most guns just about any part can be made or repaired most of us shooting older combos and drillings are in the same boat pretty hard to find parts for a prewar German drilling. I shoot Bernardelli and BRNO combo guns and several drillings. Every once in awhile you see FEG O/U shotguns for sale.

A 12ga in a combo gun handles pretty nice, when you get a 12ga in a drilling it can feel pretty much like a club. My BRNO has a set of 12ga skeet barrels with it and feels very good on the skeet/SC range although a bit heavy to hike the prairies with.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scoped and in two decent chamberings would make it a reasonable $1,000.00 gun, IMO. I assume it's a DT gun. Some of the FEG combos had ejectors.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
erich described it as good as I can with the exception that 12 bore in a combination gun also feels clubby and unwieldy to me. And I'll temper that by saying that I've shot 16's virtually all my life and wouldn't deny there's a bit of prejudice in their favor. I believe he also hit the nail on the head concerning the parts situation. That never stopped me as I have a safe full of old German rifles, drillings and combination guns, all pre-WWII and more than a few pre-WWI....and several pre-1900. All get hunted with and shot for pleasure. I haven't broken anything yet. Oh....there's one Manton 16 bore muzzleloading shotgun, (see, 16 even carries to muzzleloaders....lol!...took me years to find it), from the 1850's, maybe 60's and it gets used as well. Ain't no mercy at my house....lol!

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

130 members (44mc, 280ACKIMP, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 14 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,513
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.