Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Any experienced opinions on these. I was thinking about one with the German #3 reticle for my .223 X-Bolt. I know they are Chinese manufacture. But, if they are good, I don't care. Thanks, RJ

BP-B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Many opinions of these sprinkled throughout the optics forum, the vast majority of which are positive.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have not shot mine yet, but the glass is reasonably nice and the illuminated Ger 3P#4 should work well. Mine says Made in Philippines.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I used mine several times this year and also at dusk, for the price they are a bargain.
The illumination dims down enough at dusk to not cause any problems. Just last week I was watching a buck all the way until dark enough I couldn't see him with my eyes but I could see him and his horns through the scope. With the illuminated dot I could place on the vitals . This is the first scope I've used with illumination and does a good job.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Gentlemen, thank you for your input. Optics Trade's website lists them as made in China, but there or Phillipines as place of manufacture does not matter to me. I have a few scopes with illuminated reticles and having that option has kind of grown on me since I first used an illuminated reticle. RJ

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are made in the Phillipines in a factory that Burris built, trained the work force, and manages from what I understand.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/26/18.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I sent you a PM. I have an extra one NIB if you're interested.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed. I posted a link for a sale on these for something like $160 a few months back. I have the #4 with the dot which is a design I had been looking for in something better than a Mueller but not at VX6 costs. Burris did not list this scope on their website so I was stoked when i stumbled across an ad for one.

After purchasing the FFII I carried it along with my vx3 to do a side by side with a friend at the lease. I have been extremely happy with the VX 3 and its brightness and always felt it money well spent. The VX 3 is a cleaner looking scope, a touch lighter, but the adjustments on both feel identical. Could be a little crisper. Both are accurate though and the Burris does have a zero reset which is nice.

In fading light I anticipated the VX3 to earn its (well over) 2x price tag and waited to note how much longer it would allow me to hunt. Waiting ....waiting....well past legal shooting and it never happened. The Burris is every bit as bright and to me the glass as good and actual magnification a tick higher at given power. I do not appear to be alone in these observations. My friend preferred it hands down as that reticle is just fantastic.

Of course, this is the optics forum so folks may argue my results but the praise for the value of these scopes is pretty universal.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I need to know if any of you have done any night shooting with the illumination reticle. I got a Burris LRS and was not impressed with the way the reticle was lighted...shooting under a red varmint light was difficult because the whole FOV was light up by the internal system, whatever it was....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Could someone post up a link to this scope and with this reticle option?

Thanks Roy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks SockPuppet

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like them quite a bit I have a few of them
I called Burris when I realized that the top is very similar to the C4 and got a few turret caps that can be adjusted on the fly
It made them even better for me
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
OK here's another question, is the illum reticle adjusted by rheostat ?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It has a knob on the left with 10 ON settings. Each click alternates between off and the next level of on. Once you have a setting you like, one click either direction will be off.

Edit: if in a completely black room with it on 1 or 2, you have to move your head around to the edges of the eyebox to find any red glow other than there dot. Under anything approaching a hunting situation you wont see any red.

Last edited by prm; 12/26/18.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by prm
It has a knob on the left with 10 ON settings. Each click alternates between off and the next level of on. Once you have a setting you like, one click either direction will be off.

Edit: if in a completely black room with it on 1 or 2, you have to move your head around to the edges of the eyebox to find any red glow other than there dot. Under anything approaching a hunting situation you wont see any red.

OK thanks. Exactly what I needed and wanted to hear. The LRS I have lights up the whole FOV relaying screwing you up at night on fast moving targets. The different levels indicate a rheostat which Ive found preferable.

Thank you.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Just ordered one.Thanks!

R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks again for all of your info on this scope. I live in Romania and they want more than twice the price for this scope here. If I order it from the U.S.A., I will have to pay 20 percent import tax on it. I don't mind that if I can find a retailer that will ship to Romania. Some will, some won't. Optic zone will ship to me, but the #4 reticle version is not available from them. I'll check again, but I don't think Natchez will ship scopes to me. I just checked Optics Trade here in Europe and they want $454 plus $15 shipping for this scope. As good as the scope is, I will not pay that much for it. I'll try to find someone that will send me one from the U.S. Thanks, RJ

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In my opinion, and I own numerous scopes from many different manufacturers, including the scope that this thread was started about, I would spend the little bit extra for a Leupold Freedom scope in a 3-9X40. The Burris is okay but the outside viewing edge on anything above 6 power is extremely blurry making the center section appear as though you are looking through a tube. This really becomes an issue in low light situations, not so much on the bench in plenty of light. Maybe I have a problem with this particular scope but have read that others have the same issue.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.