-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got four bottles of Bourbon so far so it's gonna be hard for me to be grouchy but I'll try.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not going to take the Bait, tempted tho!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
What is the sock puppet club?
I used to post here when the net was young, met a few argumentative folks and forgot my pass word. Most other sites are dying so I thought I'd try here again.
Thanks for the warm welcome back

Last edited by Freezer; 12/24/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suck it up Freezer.....it's far worse now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Screw that.

Christmas is Awesome!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I really enjoyed Christmas until I started dating. Now it is one of the more stressful times of the year for me. Presents in our family were mostly practical ones that we would not buy for ourselves such as some kitchen appliances, tools, higher end work clothes, and the like. I recall my mother being ecstatic to get a Hobart mixer as she could do something else and not hold a hand mixer. My pride and joy was a pair of Red Wing work boots that I wore into the ground.

Girlfriends and later on my wife wanted "frilly" things that I am not good at picking out. Give them something useful and they get bent out of shape. When we were dating, my wife was griping that she did not have a decent set of basic tools to do small jobs on her house. She moved in late October and we started dating mid-November so I bought her a couple different tool kits as part of her Christmas presents. It got chilly for a bit and likely would have gotten colder if not for the rest of her family.

My favorite gifts are gift cards, I pretty much have what I need or want and what is left is either rather expensive or very personal which others can't pick out well. Cash works too and I can put it in the bank until I decide to use it. But don't give any of these as gifts to my wife, she will cast an evil eye then put the card in some spot she will never find it again. Cash doesn't get lost but it is even worse than gift cards, even if placed in a very nice picture frame.

Because of this, Christmas has turned into a much anticipated holiday to one I would prefer to do without. I've threatened to become a Jehova's Witness just to avoid the stress of buying presents. I'd rather give something at a random time as I feel like it than try to meet expectations at a single point of the year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Freezer
Any fool who walks around with Merry Christmas on his lips should be boiled in his own plum pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart!
Christmas....Ba...Humbug!

Don't candy coat it man-just come out and say how you really feel.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Bite me! grin

grinThat didn't take long! grin

Even birds know not to land downwind!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
woodmaster81

Exactly!!!

Cash may be crass, but at least I can use it to get exactly what I want, rather than someone giving me almost what I want... Cheap USPS fees to get it there too.

Being without imagination, I hate buying gifts for others, unless they have specified exactly what they want, and I can find it.

American Christmas is way too commercialized anyway. We spent a Christmas season in Italy once. They do Christmas at home and church, with much less public commercilization. Besides the stuff in the stores, I think I only saw one string of lights cross a street. I liked it.

Last edited by las; 12/25/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, I went to fuel up and stepped out into a combination of spilled petroleum and dogchit! Had shoes on so guess it could have been worse. All cleaned up and moving on....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Finished up Christmas with my mom about an hour ago after dropping her and my wife's aunt off. It wasn't too bad as it was just the four of us and I didn't have to partake in a lot of the conversation. It was also a hurried "party" as the festivities were so much later than planned. I was about to text my wife to reschedule when she pulled in to the driveway.

Two more parties, one this coming weekend and the other next weekend and I can be done with this "festive" season.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The thing I hate about Christmas is hunting season is getting close to an end , now there's a bah humbug .
Kenneth

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sitting by the Xmas tree.
Ol lady and kids did a bang up job decorating it.
Best part of the whole wretched season.

Zombie dust ale and headphones on blasting Mortiis.
Am finally getting sleepy.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Xmas was fun when the kids were little. Then they became teens.
Now my youngest is 20.

They had fun visiting their grandma and all their cousins (Catholics..........bunch of em).

Don't mind buying them some stuff, esp when they tell me specifically what they want,.
I however hate people buying me things. Any time.

Am an adult and have what I need. All I ever ask for is a buck in my freezer and that's on me.
And I got one, so am good.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Snowing like hell, actually between hell and mofo. 400 miles to go. So there!

Praise to the plowmen, they're my only hope.

300 miles of snowy road done. Clear now. Home valley in sight!

Home sweet home!

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/26/18. Reason: More exacter bitching

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Glad it is over. We are in our mid 50’s. GF’s Dad is a shut-in. My dad is in assisted living. I told the GF that I was looking forward to the time when Christmas meant a quiet, relaxing day at home - maybe go out to eat on Christmas Eve. She admitted to having the same thoughts. Getting home last night, she was exhausted.
I said “I’m glad that’s over.”
She said “Imagine if we had kids.”
I said “Oh, hell no!”

Bah, humbug.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Oh, I feel great, I just thought the grumps. and sourpusses on the 'fire should have a thread to post on.

Merry Christmas! laugh laugh laugh
Only 6 more days of Christmas music in stores/bars... Can't wait for Jan. 2nd... mad

Oh, and Merry Christmas to YOU TOO!

laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by hookeye
Now my youngest is 20.

They had fun visiting their grandma and all their cousins (Catholics..........bunch of em).

Don't mind buying them some stuff, esp when they tell me specifically what they want,.

Am an adult and have what I need. All I ever ask for is a buck in my freezer and that's on me.

Well then you should soon be experiencing the enhanced pleasure of Christmas with Grandkids. It only gets better from the day the first one is born.

Cash for Christmas? I always thought that was a lazy person's copout so they did not have to bother finding out what a proper gift would be.

My wife's mother was/still is the most self centered individual I ever met. But she was afraid she might catch grief if she did not present her daughters and G-kids with something for Christmas and B-days. It was always a card, dated so that it could be archived as proof she had sent something, and a bit of cash. All because she could not get her ass out of her bed, and nose out of the latest romance novel long enough to find out what might tickle the fancy of her five grandkids or three daughters.

All that said, my wife this year stuck a twenty in a card for each of the ten G-kids. Then stashed the the cards in among the rest their Christmas loot.:Shaking my head!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This morning (day after Christmas ) the wife asks me if I enjoyed it this year. I just told her it was O.K. but actually Christmas is for kids....... And it's been many years since I was a kid. Best part of this past holiday is that most of my holiday spending binge was done with cash. So I won't be dreading that January credit card statement later next month.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Now my youngest is 20.

Well then you should soon be experiencing the enhanced pleasure of Christmas with Grandkids. It only gets better from the day the first one is born.

Cash for Christmas? I always thought that was a lazy person's copout so they did not have to bother finding out what a proper gift would be.

My wife's mother was/still is the most self centered individual I ever met. But she was afraid she might catch grief if she did not present her daughters and G-kids with something for Christmas and B-days. It was always a card, dated so that it could be archived as proof she had sent something, and a bit of cash. All because she could not get her ass out of her bed, and nose out of the latest romance novel long enough to find out what might tickle the fancy of her five grandkids or three daughters.

All that said, my wife this year stuck a twenty in a card for each of the ten G-kids. Then stashed the the cards in among the rest their Christmas loot.:Shaking my head!

Great post!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,733
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.