Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Attention all knife collectors,

First off, we are Hclark’s sons, we are using his ID to reach out to everyone because he was so well known in all his forums that he was a member of. We would like to let everyone know that our father passed away on Oct 19, RIP Dad. We would like to thank his friends and associates and anyone and everyone who may have interacted with on the 24hour forums, he was a great man and enjoyed his gun and knife collecting. We have finished settling his estate and in the process of inventorying his collections. Our Dad’s knife collection is extensive including most custom knife makers like W.C. Davis, GenO Dennings, Wayne Clay, Ted Dowell, Bark River, Lile etc.

We hate to see things go, but he was a knife maker himself, and has given us plenty of knives to last a lifetime. We are not collectors and could not appreciate these knives as much as most of you will. With that said, we will be parting with most of these knives on different venues and will try to list as many as we can with pics on the 24hr classified forum under his ID (hclark). We will answer all messages sent to his account. Our Dad researched and kept excellent records of all knives purchased and sold online, he labeled each knife and sheath. The knives were stored in zipped pouches and the sheaths separately. Most (90%) of the knives are new and unused but are labeled likewise with Maker, type, scale identity, blade material etc. and their values.

Please visit the classifieds and look for our listings. Thank you for being his friend, associate, and your time in reading this. We hope you will find something you like and don’t hesitate to ask us if we have a certain maker or type. Please don't hesitate to send us messages to his acct and be patient on our responses, we both work and will check it daily.

Thanks again to all,

Hugh and Chris
H and C Collectors

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
BP-B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’ve seen some of the pictures of these knives. This is a truly exceptional collection. If you are interested in any of these makers you will want to watch for what is going to be offered. I wish I had a big pile of money to buy a bunch of them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your loss. I've been there recently...
I'm interested in the Dennings. I consider Geno (and Cindy, despite the troubles) as friends. Please PM or post here when you list them...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
posting some knives now, finally have them inventoried and matched up the our father's ledger. its been an ordeal but wil start adding them in the classifieds, they will be in no set order, only the order that I remove them snap pics and post, so if anyone is looking fo a certain maker then you will need to PM or post a reply here.

Thanks for the patients

Chris and Hugh

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chris and Hugh,

Condolences on the loss of your father.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I picked one out from the collection and it's under the Christmas tree. The wife bought it after I pointed out the one (all) that I lusted over. I haven't handled it yet as she wrapped it in the shipping box. Finally something under the tree that isn't wearable!

hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nice, Hope you like it and hope everyone else might find something on interest too. Lots to see, I've uploaded just about 30-40 these past few days and have sold some and had great advise to maybe post some elsewhere since they told me that our knives are on the higher end market. We are taking any and all advise necessary to find these knives a new home.

Thanks again Lawdwaz,
Merry Christmas to you and your family

Chris

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Sorry for your loss.
My experience is that getting rid of something your parents cherished can be a tough thing to do.

Looking at the collection as you share pics tells me that your Dad was quite proud of his knives.
The prolonged project of parting with them surely keeps bringing up fond memories.

Good luck

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First off, Very sorry for your loss. Your Dad's collection is quite impressive. I'm sure it's a bit of work photographing and listing them.

No offense meant and no harm intended. But, my question to you is this: Have you actually sold any of these knives yet? Current offerings from some of the best knifemakers in the country don't push these price points. So, personally, I wouldn't have an interest. But, that's just my opinion. Others may feel differently.

If I were you and your brother, I may not be able to sell them at all, given they once belonged to my father. Everything I have of my Dad's, I couldn't sell right now. Even the guns I bought him. Maybe that will change in the future. I don't know.

So, I guess my point is this: Do you really want to sell the knives or do you really want to keep them? That is the real decision. Obviously, they are very valuable to you.

Note: High end perfect items typically don't sell well here on the fire. (See pre64 Winchester Model 70's). There may be a better market elsewhere.

Hope this helps get you to wherever you want to go.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for your comments and concerns. While we loved our Dad and his obsession with collecting, building and playing around with the knives, guns, etc..its a very extensive collection and we will never use them even if we chose a different knife for each day for years...that humor aside....I am sure he is smiling down on us as his direction to us was to keep what we wanted and sell the rest. This was his wish and the way he intended it to be..so its with great pride that me and my brother honor this and have fun doing so.

we have sold over 2 dozen and they are flying out the door as we speak at the prices listed. sure we will negotiate a little but anyone that respects the makers and knows the value and the value of them as they appreciate will appreciate them even more for years to come. Most makers have passed away and this only increased their value as I am sure you are aware.

Thanks again for your "Words of wisdom" we appreciate it and hope you can find something on here that might be of interest to you.

If you are interested in guns...let me know..we have a very extensive Colt, Winchester, Savage, SW and Luger collection as well. we will sell them at local gun shows here in Alaska and nationwide for a year, after that they will go to an auction house more than likely. Of course we will keep a few to play with as Dad would of wanted that.

Hugh

Last edited by hclark; 12/26/18.

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
IC B3

hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you brother..hope you enjoyed opening the gift yesterday..;)

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you'd get a lot more attraction/attention,if you posted pics instead of Links/Attachments.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have attaché pics to my posts in the free classified section, it allows 2 and only displays it as a link, If you have a suggestion on how to get them added as pics instead of links, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Chris

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go to Imageshack,get an account and cut to the fhuqking chase.

[Linked Image]

Clear/concise info,can only bolster sales.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Go to Imageshack,get an account and cut to the fhuqking chase.

[Linked Image]

Clear/concise info,can only bolster sales.

Hint..................

What mag base?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tandemkross...for a coupla extry rounds to a charging Bears noggin'.

Seen it.................(grin)

hclark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Big Stick..if your in Alaska...come by the Wasilla gun show in a couple of weeks and stop by the table. We will have a large variety of guns to look at and knives.

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too far,for too little.

Just simply hang some good pics and cut to the chase.

Hint......................

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Too far,for too little.

Just simply hang some good pics and cut to the chase.

Hint......................
[color:#FF0000][/color]

Yeah really...

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This is from the estate collection and is my third Geno Denning knife I own. It is (I believe) the Model B. Everything I expected and more........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 71 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.