Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I believe I'd enjoy a FieldCraft in 223 w/1:8 twist with a ~2.6" mag-box.

Barrett FieldCraft or Kimber Montana in 22LR and 22Mag tube-fed up the rear (ala Nylon 66) sans any loading scallops in the butt-stock.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by JasonH

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Winchester chambers the M 70 in .300 H&H for the SHOT SHOW Special.

Winchester makes the M 101 in 20 gauge.

So is this just a wish, or is this actually a rumor? I sure hope it’s a rumor because I would buy both.

It is a wish.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JasonH

Winchester chambers the M 70 in .300 H&H for the SHOT SHOW Special.

Winchester makes the M 101 in 20 gauge.

So is this just a wish, or is this actually a rumor? I sure hope it’s a rumor because I would buy both.

It is a wish.

I've got a 2011 "special" FWT in the safe, it's a 257 Roberts...now that the new ones are Portuguese, if they did it again, would it be a Roberto?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I have a Featherweight 7x57 Shot Show Special. I wish Winchester would offer it and the Roberts as regular items instead of limited specials.

May not sell a bunch,but what they would make will be sold asap IMO!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A well known New England gun maker will be offering their first ever (I believe) handgun.
Don't know if it'll be ready for SHOT though.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've heard that it will be in Las Vegas.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.

I've lost count of the Rugers I've purchased over the decades, new and used, but only one had an issue and had to go back (twice), a
New Bearcat. Once corrected, it was a peach. Luck of the draw, I suppose, but that's my experience. BTW, they paid for the shipping, both ways, both times, after a minor fuss, so the only expense was my time and trouble.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I've lost count of the Rugers I've purchased over the decades, new and used, but only one had an issue and had to go back (twice), a
New Bearcat. Once corrected, it was a peach. Luck of the draw, I suppose, but that's my experience. BTW, they paid for the shipping, both ways, both times, after a minor fuss, so the only expense was my time and trouble.

It's just been in the past 10 years I've really seen their products go south as far as fit, finish and function. I promise you I'm not nitpicking and I don't expect Holland & Holland quality from Ruger, but when I spend $1200 on a rifle, it shouldn't leave the factory with a split stock, an action so rough the bolt would jam during the cycling process (action screws tightented per Ruger specs), an overtightened barrel that wouldn't allow the bolt to close, with sight blade channels cut out of square with the front sight, with wrong/oversized pins installed from other models into smaller framed guns, etc. I've come to have a wonderful relationship with their Customer Service Department, but I'd rather not know any of them. Maybe I am the unluckiest Ruger buyer ever because every "New" Ruger I've bought in the last 10 years has had to go back or needed repairs out of the box. I want to love the company and think they have been bringing out some really good ideas (especially when they listen to Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's), but I won't order anything again from them as it's too much of a gamble on whether they ship me a Monday gun or a Wednesday gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've only had to send one Ruger back to the factory it was the best customer service by far I have experienced. Kimber and Remington could learn a lot from Ruger.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All that is so contrary to my experience I can only surmise that whatever condition is the opposite of being born with a horseshoe in one's keister must apply to you. My condolences.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ha Ha, I must use up all my other luck in other areas and hobbies, because in the grand scheme of things, I really have been VERY fortunate in life. Aaaaaaaand I agree, Ruger Customer Service is TOPS, I don't have ANY negative feelings towards the CS department at Ruger.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Savuti
A well known New England gun maker will be offering their first ever (I believe) handgun.

A nice SAA?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
All that is so contrary to my experience I can only surmise that whatever condition is the opposite of being born with a horseshoe in one's keister must apply to you. My condolences.
You must be one of those with a horseshoe in your keister. I've sent a bunch of Rugers back and repaired a bunch more myself that had some serious issues.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Savuti

A nice SAA?

Decidedly NOT!

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber is going to unveil a lightweight rifle that shoots accurately......

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You must be one of those with a horseshoe in your keister. I've sent a bunch of Rugers back and repaired a bunch more myself that had some serious issues.

Could be. I've only had 77s, 77/s, Redhawks, Blackhawks, Single-Sixes, .22 autos, a 10/22, coupla New Bearcats, and a few Number 1s. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Whoops, too late, I ordered one of the Custom Shop 10/22s. Keeping my fingers crossed.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Could be. I've only had 77s, 77/s, Redhawks, Blackhawks, Single-Sixes, .22 autos, a 10/22, coupla New Bearcats, and a few Number 1s. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Whoops, too late, I ordered one of the Custom Shop 10/22s. Keeping my fingers crossed.
My current 77 Hawkeye was so rough out of the box that it was tearing the living shyt out of my brass. Took quite a bit of polishing on the feed ramp, under side of the feed lips and edge of the chamber before it quit. The extractor hook also wouldn't slide over the rim of a cartridge to let you load it singly. Took some work reprofiling the front of the extractor hook to straighten that out. Had two American rimfires I sent back recently. Neither would seat a cartridge into the chamber without considerable effort or extract fired cases from the chamber. Ruger replaced the first and sent me another. The second was the same. The recesses in the bolt faces didn't line up with the chambers. If I'd have deepened the recess so the shells could slide further up the bolt face and align properly with the chamber, the firing pins would no longer have hit the rim of the case as they should. After the second f^cked up one, Ruger offered to send me a third. I told them "no thanks, I'm done, I'd like a refund." They didn't argue and promptly refunded my money. I've also had a couple lemon 10-22's and a security six with a warped frame that Ruger replaced because there was no way to fix.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remind me not to get on an airplane with you!

I've owned three SS Hawkeyes, and wish I had the one I sold back. They feel a bit rough at first, but feeding has been flawless, and a little moly bearing grease on the contact surfaces slicked them right up. Only other work I did was float the barrel on one and file the bottoms of the mag boxes on all of them as a precaution.

Based on what I seen here in the past, RAR rimfires are a crapshoot, so I have chosen to abstain.

Your butt-hurt is well earned, I'd say.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

It's just been in the past 10 years I've really seen their products go south as far as fit, finish and function. I promise you I'm not nitpicking and I don't expect Holland & Holland quality from Ruger, but when I spend $1200 on a rifle, it shouldn't leave the factory with a split stock, an action so rough the bolt would jam during the cycling process (action screws tightented per Ruger specs), an overtightened barrel that wouldn't allow the bolt to close, with sight blade channels cut out of square with the front sight, with wrong/oversized pins installed from other models into smaller framed guns, etc. I've come to have a wonderful relationship with their Customer Service Department, but I'd rather not know any of them. Maybe I am the unluckiest Ruger buyer ever because every "New" Ruger I've bought in the last 10 years has had to go back or needed repairs out of the box. I want to love the company and think they have been bringing out some really good ideas (especially when they listen to Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's), but I won't order anything again from them as it's too much of a gamble on whether they ship me a Monday gun or a Wednesday gun.

Stump Buster I feel Your pain I'm 8 for 8 with Rugers all have been sent back some more than once from a #1 that wouldn't put a round in a 4x8 sheet of plywood at a 100 yards to a 77 that you could move the barrel up and down with your hands , a 77 with no firing pin from the factory a Gold Label with a crack in the but stock that you could stick a quarter in when I opened the box and my American that had a muzzle so crooked it looked like the muzzle of a AK 47. In fairness to Ruger they fixed all my problems to my satisfaction and it was done in a fast manner.but I either sold or traded them all off except the Gold Label. So now i'm playing Kimber roulette an out of 3 i've gotten 3 good ones go figure.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 51 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,329
Posts18,468,550
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.