-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anytime Fitness, open 24 hours. They have a New Years $1.00 membership. Even have private showers.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
With all these friggin hurricanes, I would never be without a gas water heater with the gas coming in from underground.

FPL tried for years to get me to switch to electric. Then Wilma came.. And only a few of us on the block taking hot showers.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TPR valve go bad?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You seem to be a resourceful man Birdie. Good luck living with out the heater. It can, and has been done.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
And I ain’t willing to spend $500+ fer another, not until I clear my debt (2020).

Originally came with a six year warranty and only lasted nineteen. A gas unit, some guy (me) did a really good job of building it it’s own little shed against the outside of the house.

Fortunately I got extensive Africa training except here I got more than one bucket and a ready source of heat. Three big pots on the stove and I got hot water in 15 minutes, divide em into two 6 gallon plastic buckets and carry em into the shower, one to soap one to rinse, use a t-shirt as a wash rag. When you’re done finish by dumping both on em over your head. Works real good, shoulda been doing this all along.

I would say this do-it-herself on-demand water heater would cut utility bills except I’m down to their minimum already.

Boss.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D O double Gizzle.....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A guy I used to work with and his wife lived on the rough full time year around for about two or so years except they lived in a tent pitched on a relative's property in order to pay off debt. Previously he had been partners in a small business with another man but his partner cut out taking all the cash and equipment leaving him with all the debt. Had to respect their determination and dedication to get that done.

The relative that let them live on their place raised a lot of chickens and allowed them to use all they wanted so he and wife pretty much ate eggs and chicken mostly for the two years. Said he ate so many eggs during those two years he couldn't stomach eggs anymore.

He took water from work home in plastic milk jugs every night and had also been known to take rolls of toilet paper and the little plastic salt and pepper shakers and also pocket fulls of napkins and the little sugar and condiment packages from work and restaurants.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
D O double Gizzle.....

LMAO

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm gettin on the internet to tell everyone for the next several months, I'll be smelling like fred flintstone's ass.

should be the title of this thread.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Many responders to this thread seem to have not noticed that the TANK on Birdy's water heater is leaking.
In this area, water heaters only seem to average ~ 12 years before they rot out. "It" happens. frown

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Basically, this is an aside.

Our electric co-op subsidizes efficient water heaters.
They only allow one every seven years, but for $150 I got a $1000 water heater.
It's 80 gallon, and almost all plastic, even the tank!
Unbelievably, it is rated for higher heats and pressures than metal ones.

It ain't gonna rust!
But the dang plastic might break when new element time comes.

No gas service here.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a hot water heater go out, and the insurance paid $30k for repair to the basement floor. The basement flooded 1/2" deep for one day, and there were 6 types of workers sent here by the insurance company fixing the damage; Humidity, mold, plumbing, flooring, baseboards, and program manager. The baseboards my brother and I originally installed were a little better than the replacements, but the wood flooring replacement was a huge upgrade from the original work done by my brother and I.

I asked around people I know and most households have one hot water heater failure that floods per lifetime.... and then never again allow it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We now have a monitors on the hot water heater and a sign about the warranty expiration date.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those Watchdog alarms are the bomb. Saved me a major bill a few weeks back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd guess one is not married if the bucket deal is getting a passing grade in your house hold.

Wife is watching Myth Busters today. The exploding water heaters are absolutely amazing.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/30/18.

1Minute
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I look at my water heater at least 4 times a day.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdie,

Try one of these. Or two if you need that much water. Set them in a sunny location in the morning and come back to hot water after work.

https://www.amazon.com/Sturm-Milita...mp;psc=1&refRID=HSXXP7V9RTN723EP5R0G

You might find them somewhere else for a bit lower price. I've used on camping and have an old RV shower hose and head I want to try to attach. That'll be almost like downtown when camping.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
try these for $6 at walmart

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ahh fur fuggs sake, here. 150 bucks and right around the corner from you..he’ll probably deliver it too...

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/app/d/san-antonio-30-gal-whirlpool-gas-water/6779179925.html

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These keep us clean at our hunting camps in Montana and Wisconsin. Fill and place on a rock, cement. hood of vehicle or heat up water on stove and fill.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Kenneth
325.00 for some cheapie at Menards,

But seriously, whats your point and who are you trying to prove this point to?

fugging odd is all I can say.

Not proving any point, just providing fodder for the ‘Fire wink

You ever been saddled with post-divorce debt? Sooner I clear it the sooner I’m a free man. I’m on a mission and will not be distracted.

OK, I did recently drop $1,200 on that hand-built custom ‘Bess, but that was important grin

Never been divorced, thank you Lord.

Post divorce debt? No disrespect intended, but what the hell was there worth fighting over?

For better or worse, it's no wonder she checked out.

Carry on...........................

Divorce stories are all at once both depressing and boring, so the crib notes version is I didn’t fight her over anything.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.