Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Buzzaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
lookin at buying the Bergara Approach in 6mm Creedmoor. Want to use Lapua brass which means small rifle primers.

does anybody know if the Bergaras firing pin is correct size for either small or large primers. i have sent an email to Bergara, they are closed till after the 1st

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If it is centered in the bolt, it will fire either, no problem

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Firing pin doesn't know the primer size. Go for it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They were having problems with the firing pin hole being oversized and small rifle primers flowing into the holeon the B-14's . I am pretty sure they changed the firing pin hole size after a lot of complaints on all models. Never any issues if you just use LRP brass. This was a problem on the 6.5 Creedmoor rifles not rifles shooting cartridges originally meant to use SRP.

Last edited by 28lx; 12/29/18. Reason: 6.5 Creedmoor issue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Interesting.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I have a B14.....and no problem.....is this a shill for a competing rifle company?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IceCut
I have a B14.....and no problem.....is this a shill for a competing rifle company?

Are you shooting small primer 6.5 Creedmoor brass in it?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

And yourself? What do you figure, all the rifle manufacturers monitor the forum?

Some more planted info here.... I suspect Browning!
http://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php?topic=10037.0

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/29/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
So, you are a shill?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
lookin at buying the Bergara Approach in 6mm Creedmoor. Want to use Lapua brass which means small rifle primers.

does anybody know if the Bergaras firing pin is correct size for either small or large primers. i have sent an email to Bergara, they are closed till after the 1st

My brother has shot alpha munitions small rifle primer brass in B14 6.5 Creedmoor with no issues so far, but less than 100 rounds fired. The 'issue' that the B14 has had was with the cast, or MIM, bolt shroud on the B14 cracking. Bergara says that all of the confirmed failures were instances of small rifle primers being fired in 6.5 Creedmoors only. Nonetheless, they have a forged/machined shroud that will send to B14 owners at no charge. All you have to do is ask. My brother did put the upgraded shroud on his prior to shooting the small rifle primers.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, you are a shill?

I highly recommend Bergara rifles personally I think they are nice rifles. There is a Bergara page on Facebook “Bergara Shooters” I believe is the name where the small primer issue kept coming up. The CEO of Bergara is a member of the page and said himself they were changing the firing pin hole size. Are you such a Bergara fanboy that your panties get all knotted up if anything other than praise is heaped on them. A fan as big of you should have already known all about the small primer issue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by drano 25
Originally Posted by Buzzaw

My brother has shot alpha munitions small rifle primer brass in B14 6.5 Creedmoor with no issues so far, but less than 100 rounds fired. The 'issue' that the B14 has had was with the cast, or MIM, bolt shroud on the B14 cracking. Bergara says that all of the confirmed failures were instances of small rifle primers being fired in 6.5 Creedmoors only. Nonetheless, they have a forged/machined shroud that will send to B14 owners at no charge. All you have to do is ask. My brother did put the upgraded shroud on his prior to shooting the small rifle primers.

I sent in for the upgraded shroud for my HMR I don’t shoot srp brass in mine but it was a nice upgrade offered by Bergara. The original shrouds threads were stripping when small rifle primers would blow and the gas would vent back thru the bolt. If your brother is using primers with a hard enough cup he will likely never have any issues.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, you are a shill?

Nope. Just interested in learning about the issue at hand. But, in all fairness you just reacted to my original "who the fook are you" comment...

It's good to hear Bergara is addressing stuff as it comes up. Plenty of fans here to join.

Odd is why you'd put a disclaimer like this awhile back? Never seen anyone do such.... Interesting.

Some years ago when they were first introduced, I was looking around in my local sporting goods store and first saw the Bergara rifles. I knew they made good barrels for muzzle loaders and a t.v. show promoted them. I was drawn to the targets hanging from the trigger guard. Now, I have been shooting rifles for a very, very long time and had never seen ordinary factory hunting rifles with bonafide 1/4" 3 shot groups everywhere on the racks. I examined one closely and it looked very well put together indeed. They were the Stalker models which were around $1400 at the time. I could not buy one at the time and started saving my money. I did a bit of web research and read a new rifle called the HMR was coming out on the market. I later learned a limited edition -grey/black stock with 24" 5.5 contour barrels in 6.5CM would be available- at Bass Pro stores. A few months later, I drove over 700 miles round trip to buy one. (I also have a Ridge Rifle!)
BTW, I don't work for them or have any financial vested interest. I am just amazed by these inexpensive rifles!

--- Kid Rock 2022

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Hmmm....a more civil conciliatory tone.....I will cool my response rockets...(Ha, ha).....yet, an unwarranted innuendo at the end...allow me to respond in kind:
My Ridge nor my HMR have had any issues with a cracking bolt shroud after HUNDREDS of rounds in my 6.5 CM and about 300-350 in my .300 Win. Of course, I have not shot soft small primers in them. But, it begs the question, are some SHILLS looking for an opening put down so they can sell more of their INFERIOR rifles (yup, I am a fan boy).......

Allow me an innuendo: YOU have not directly denied having a vested interest in a competing company, so, I will ask you once again: Are YOU a SHILL? Nope is sort of a half-assed denial.

Last edited by IceCut; 12/30/18.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...only for Ad Block Plus!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
...only for Ad Block Plus!

laugh

Hey guys, have you heard about the uBlock Origin add on for the Firefox browser for Android? It works great on this site, especially for owners of superior arms like Browning, Beretta, Blaser, Bushmaster, Benchmark, and Barretts. I am like totally not compensated for this or have any reason to recommend other than my desire to help spread the news about this FREE adblocker that out performs others costing nothing... grin

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Firing pin doesn't know the primer size. Go for it.

Poor poor Bitch Lambert. Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this suggesting the firing pin on some Bergara rifles may not be properly centered? I have such a condition with a 30-06 Ruger Hawkeye but have never had any issues. All my other rifles print perfectly centered dimples.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Centering isn't the issue.
Hole in bolt face is oversized.
Brings some serious doubts to the credibility of the company.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchigan,

Be SURE to "cite" your "dealings",on these matters.

Hint.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.