Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Hoyt put out a bow in 2010 that was over 340 IBO....It was called the Alpha Burner....I had one ....It had no valley!!!!! If you relaxed or creep ed at full draw.... it was ready to rip your shoulder off..... god I loved that bow....... grin

Their 2019 Flagship bows IBO @ 342 fps ATA and have 6" brace heights, short valleys and stiff cams - and shoot, amazingly well. Not for me but the local shop sells them as fast as they come in. FWIW the new Turbo version is at 350 fps ATA, makes my shoulders hurt just thinking about it.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
PSE Omen hit 360 IBO IIRC.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hmmmm 80's Hoyt with energy wheel.
I beam riser Gamegetter or Pro Hunter?
Or did you go Provantage type riser?
Fingers was doable, man those things had huge brace heights.
80's I shot a PSE Vector fingers, got my first deer with it....on the run too LOL.
Then went Mach Flite 4 at 82# (release).
And a McPherson GC2000 also at 82#. What a dog it was.
The mach blew the riser in half. Ouch.
Got it fixed and by then local/semi local........the IBO guys were becoming jerks
A Sharp Things family migration?

I said F it and sold my target stuff and went recurve, ordered a Blackwidow from Rembu in Connersville IN.
Had some compounds off and on since, but man I really like Blackwidow Recurves...........had 8 of them so far.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/04/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it was a Provantage? May have been called something else but had the reflexed riser and a factory tan with white and black accents. Accurate, heavy, easy to shoot and slow as molasses. lol. Been off an on with recurves over the last 5 or 6 years. Just finished up our indoor vegas league shooting nfaa trad legal recurve. Fun to shoot but my shoulders are not up to hunting weights. I'll probably shoot the next league with my Defiant. I like to mix it up, after 30+ years I get bored easy.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cross bows are becoming far more popular, but hunting with a compound is far from dead or over.

NRA Patron
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
I think it was a Provantage? May have been called something else but had the reflexed riser and a factory tan with white and black accents. Accurate, heavy, easy to shoot and slow as molasses. lol. Been off an on with recurves over the last 5 or 6 years. Just finished up our indoor vegas league shooting nfaa trad legal recurve. Fun to shoot but my shoulders are not up to hunting weights. I'll probably shoot the next league with my Defiant. I like to mix it up, after 30+ years I get bored easy.

The 80's era ProVantage, or the newer old ProVantage LTD? Either way both are great bows. Specially for fingers shooters like me. They were not made to be fast both have long ATA and brace height built for Finger shooting and to be very forgiving.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hoyt stopped making the ProVantage LTD so this will be my last Fingers Compound bow. It should last me my lifetime. But I have a Satori with Carbon Velos Limbs. It is set up with sights to pretty much mimic my ProVantage LTD.

I also shoot a Dan Toelke takedown Whip traditional bare bow.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Sharp Things attempting pigeon english?

Who ever it is, I'm betting he's from wisconsin....
that's cheese head speak

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bhemry
From what I've been told, it's a bot, not a person. Don't waste your time arguing with an "it". Check out it's posts everywhere on the 'Fire tonight and you'll see what I mean.

I think it's a bot, but can't be sure. It reminds me very much of some of the crap I received while on an online dating service. I'd bet money that this is just the buildup to some kind of scam that will follow after the post count is up.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,417
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.