Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Have The bow and arrow speed and point of hit improved in the last 10 years >>MM >NO>>:> I have some 10 plus years Hoyt Bows at that was top of the line , they have changed some things !! whats the top speed of a hoyt 10 year old bow >345fps>> whats it 2019? smoke and mirrors in the bow world!

GB1

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
And Accurate>>>O YA!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Compound Bow Hunting is Dead as far as I see In America !! It takes a lot of time to be just in the ball park of hunting with a bow and America just does not have the TIME!>> back on the Cell Phone Please!>>Enjoy

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Your stupid

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
10 yr old Hoyt proly didn't IBO at 345 FPS.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bow speeds are always increasing,

Thing is they're getting faster at less draw weight with more letoff.
Newer draw cycles tend to be a bit harsh.

X bows are gobbling up the archery market though.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/31/18.
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Your stupid>> Not at All >> You just keep reading the Rag and you are so smart!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranting
Your stupid>> Not at All >> You just keep reading the Rag and you are so smart!!

Does this nonsense come in an English language version?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Hey stupid!
English please..

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
If you look at the next thread >> cross bow >It has like 3ooooooooop mill threads and hits >> QWhy?? its like a Gun!1`>> and a compound is not like that!>> but that's whats even the youth of so called hunters are https://youtu.be/dqM5L5JQseI Enjoy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you look at the next thread >> cross bow >It has like 3ooooooooop mill threads and hits >> QWhy?? its like a Gun!1`>> and a compound is not like that!>> but that's whats even the youth of so called hunters are https://youtu.be/dqM5L5JQseI Enjoy

If you can't be bothered to speak English, not this text-gibrish, you may succeed in being the one and only person I put on ignore. Your choice fool, you ain't gangsta!

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Hey stupid!
English please.. OK>>
https://youtu.be/3V14TbQgwgk Enjoy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The road to ignore is a one way street. You sure you want to travel that direction?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sharp Things attempting pigeon english?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye

Not sure, but it's too stupid to put up with. If he wishes to continue this nonsense, he will effectively self ban as far as I'm concerned. Never ignored someone before. His choice.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From what I've been told, it's a bot, not a person. Don't waste your time arguing with an "it". Check out it's posts everywhere on the 'Fire tonight and you'll see what I mean.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From his 90 posts, not all are this gibberish. A few are even phrased in English.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bow speeds have been gradually increasing. However in my opinion, absent some tech break through they are close to peak.
Bows are rated at a certain speed and very light arrows are used to get to that speed. Seldom if ever will you get that speed with a rigged hunting bow and a reasonable weight hunting arrow.
I’ve been bow hunting well over 40 years.
I don’t know the speed of my early compounds, but would guess low 200 FPS if that.
Today I shoot a 520 grain arrow, fairly heavy, at 255 FPS. I could get to around 280 FPS with a light arrow, but choose not to do so.
I killed a lot of game including elk with 220fps arrows.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been at this a while myself, started back in high school 1984. First elk I ever killed was with an old 60# 46" long Hoyt Energy Wheel bow shooting fingers with 540gr aluminum arrows. I seriously doubt that old bow shot 200 fps. My current rig is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant still 60# but shoots 380gr carbon arrows around 275 fps. Certainly no finger bow but it is nice to carry and shoots very well. Both bows killed elk equally dead. I have no desire to go back to the old Energy Wheels.

I do agree that bow speeds have about maxed out. The latest go-round has shorter and shorter brace heights and super aggressive cams to find just a tad more speed. But with those short brace heights and aggressive cams come bows that are more critical to shoot. A poor trade off for me.

FWIW: I spent from 2003 to 2013 shooting a Hoyt Ultratec cam and 1/2. That was a super bow - also killed elk equally dead as the others.

I guess the summary is that: Yes, bows of today are faster - maybe a bit more accurate (in the right configuration)..........most likely shorter, possibly lighter and absolutely more expensive.

Putting Ranting and Sharp Things on Ignore sure make this place more enjoyable.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hoyt put out a bow in 2010 that was over 340 IBO....It was called the Alpha Burner....I had one ....It had no valley!!!!! If you relaxed or creep ed at full draw.... it was ready to rip your shoulder off..... god I loved that bow....... grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Hoyt put out a bow in 2010 that was over 340 IBO....It was called the Alpha Burner....I had one ....It had no valley!!!!! If you relaxed or creep ed at full draw.... it was ready to rip your shoulder off..... god I loved that bow....... grin

Their 2019 Flagship bows IBO @ 342 fps ATA and have 6" brace heights, short valleys and stiff cams - and shoot, amazingly well. Not for me but the local shop sells them as fast as they come in. FWIW the new Turbo version is at 350 fps ATA, makes my shoulders hurt just thinking about it.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
PSE Omen hit 360 IBO IIRC.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hmmmm 80's Hoyt with energy wheel.
I beam riser Gamegetter or Pro Hunter?
Or did you go Provantage type riser?
Fingers was doable, man those things had huge brace heights.
80's I shot a PSE Vector fingers, got my first deer with it....on the run too LOL.
Then went Mach Flite 4 at 82# (release).
And a McPherson GC2000 also at 82#. What a dog it was.
The mach blew the riser in half. Ouch.
Got it fixed and by then local/semi local........the IBO guys were becoming jerks
A Sharp Things family migration?

I said F it and sold my target stuff and went recurve, ordered a Blackwidow from Rembu in Connersville IN.
Had some compounds off and on since, but man I really like Blackwidow Recurves...........had 8 of them so far.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/04/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it was a Provantage? May have been called something else but had the reflexed riser and a factory tan with white and black accents. Accurate, heavy, easy to shoot and slow as molasses. lol. Been off an on with recurves over the last 5 or 6 years. Just finished up our indoor vegas league shooting nfaa trad legal recurve. Fun to shoot but my shoulders are not up to hunting weights. I'll probably shoot the next league with my Defiant. I like to mix it up, after 30+ years I get bored easy.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cross bows are becoming far more popular, but hunting with a compound is far from dead or over.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
I think it was a Provantage? May have been called something else but had the reflexed riser and a factory tan with white and black accents. Accurate, heavy, easy to shoot and slow as molasses. lol. Been off an on with recurves over the last 5 or 6 years. Just finished up our indoor vegas league shooting nfaa trad legal recurve. Fun to shoot but my shoulders are not up to hunting weights. I'll probably shoot the next league with my Defiant. I like to mix it up, after 30+ years I get bored easy.

The 80's era ProVantage, or the newer old ProVantage LTD? Either way both are great bows. Specially for fingers shooters like me. They were not made to be fast both have long ATA and brace height built for Finger shooting and to be very forgiving.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hoyt stopped making the ProVantage LTD so this will be my last Fingers Compound bow. It should last me my lifetime. But I have a Satori with Carbon Velos Limbs. It is set up with sights to pretty much mimic my ProVantage LTD.

I also shoot a Dan Toelke takedown Whip traditional bare bow.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hookeye

Who ever it is, I'm betting he's from wisconsin....
that's cheese head speak

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bhemry
From what I've been told, it's a bot, not a person. Don't waste your time arguing with an "it". Check out it's posts everywhere on the 'Fire tonight and you'll see what I mean.

I think it's a bot, but can't be sure. It reminds me very much of some of the crap I received while on an online dating service. I'd bet money that this is just the buildup to some kind of scam that will follow after the post count is up.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.