Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 87 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 86 87
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
15 mile snowshoe trip into the Elkhorns- I'm whipped! God bless my wife, she got some 2" thick ribeyes ready to go for supper laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
1.5 hours running a chain saw until the rain hit. Taking apart the big Gravenstien apple tree that went down in the crazy snowstorm a while ago. 24" bar on the saw for scale.

[Linked Image]

Just an afternoon for normal people,

No pics needed, No praise, No acknowledgment that you own a camera,

Once again, takes the time to capture and then post such incredibly mundane aspects of normal life,

But I guess, if that's the highlight of your work this month, then you should be proud of it.

On the bright side, maybe he won't get lost back there.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
15 miles on snowshoes - that's a serious hike!

Guy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by deflave
How long does it take a person to ride 65 miles on a bicycle?

And how many calories does that consume?

Captain calculator to the rescue....

https://captaincalculator.com/health/calorie/calories-burned-cycling-calculator/

I was thinking he wore some type of HRM. But thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not sure I buy the calorie counters as they apply to cycling... at least the ones I've seen... when I was riding ~ 200 miles a week I should've been wasting away according to the Strava counter and I wasn't. I think cycling is wonderful and a blast, mind, but I dunno about the counters....

Greg, I was every bit of that in '19 until a few days ago. Now I get a nice little well-earned break unless I'm dumb enough to troll my customer base for work, which I'm not <g>. I'm going fishin'. Also, goodbye.

Do you really think anyone buys your fugkin' bullschit?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cascade
15 miles on snowshoes - that's a serious hike!

Guy

I'm a whipped pup! smile

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by mtwarden
15 mile snowshoe trip into the Elkhorns- I'm whipped! God bless my wife, she got some 2" thick ribeyes ready to go for supper laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mike- Is that a Vargo Titanium bottle you are carrying?

Ed T

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ed_T
[quote=mtwarden]

Mike- Is that a Vargo Titanium bottle you are carrying?

Ed- it's a Keith titanium bottle (23 oz); haven't thrown it in a fire yet smile

Mike

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I think Keith makes them for Vargo
Sure beats drinking out a bike bottle!

Ed T

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by battue
How long does it take a person to ride 65 miles on a bicycle?

And how many calories does that consume?

Captain calculator to the rescue....

https://captaincalculator.com/health/calorie/calories-burned-cycling-calculator/

I was thinking he wore some type of HRM. But thanks.

Nope - don't have one of those things. Maybe I should, but I don't.

I love hiking & cycling & Nordic skiing. Lift year round, more in the winter. Figure I'm banged up, but feeling good about being alive and still at it. Careers in the Marines and in law enforcement. Stayed reasonably fit, but it's a slow slide downhill. Trying to hang in there to do the things I enjoy.

Hiking (on snowshoes too), Nordic skiing, cycling, camping, fishing, hunting... Love all that. Finally I'm freed up from the 40 - 60 hour a week grind and I have the time to enjoy more of the outdoors, but it's a struggle to keep the ol' body on track with that plan. Too many old injuries. So - I'm not at all sophisticated about my workouts, I just try to stay active year 'round.

Spine problems have kept me from backpacking in recent years, but... I think I'm recovered enough to give it a try again this year. Perhaps even backpack in for a mountain mulie hunt like I used to do. I'd like that.

Hope everyone here achieves their goals and enjoys. I find myself a bit envious of MtWarden - he seems to be doing the stuff I can't quite manage anymore. Well, not at the level he's doing anyway.

Regards, Guy

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the kind words Guy; I'm in the exact same boat- "trying to hang in there to do the things I enjoy" smile My approach isn't very scientific either- get into the gym a couple of times a week to strength train and the rest of the time just keep moving.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Basically both the Left and the Right are going full retard and I'm stuck in the middle and I hate it.

He can't even be honest when he's talking about himself........... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 mile walk on the lap track this morning, 30 minutes on the Elliptical , about 12 laps in the pool and 2x planks (not really sure what 2x means to you guys)......Then 15 minutes in the whirlpool.

Tendinitis in right elbow still hampers much weight lifting.

Snowing so heavy in Southern Wisconsin right now mtwarden might feel at home here today.....

#Aprilsnowsucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have I missed any further details of Jeffos predawn gun battle with the methheads?

On the edge of my seat here waiting for chapter 2.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Been really busy this past week so haven't been on here much. did all three days of the PNWild workout the past week and went for a 4 mile hike with some good hills and 35 pounds in the pack on Saturday. Was suppose to be hunting some mountain turkeys, but winter just can't let it go this year... Hopefully next weekend!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E- lunch and soaking at the local hot springs smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will hit some stadium steps

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

www.doing-manly-things.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chain sawin', draggin', burnin', for 1/2 day. Did not run Strava.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you don't strava it, then it didn't happen.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cascade

Nope - don't have one of those things. Maybe I should, but I don't.

I love hiking & cycling & Nordic skiing. Lift year round, more in the winter. Figure I'm banged up, but feeling good about being alive and still at it. Careers in the Marines and in law enforcement. Stayed reasonably fit, but it's a slow slide downhill. Trying to hang in there to do the things I enjoy.

Hiking (on snowshoes too), Nordic skiing, cycling, camping, fishing, hunting... Love all that. Finally I'm freed up from the 40 - 60 hour a week grind and I have the time to enjoy more of the outdoors, but it's a struggle to keep the ol' body on track with that plan. Too many old injuries. So - I'm not at all sophisticated about my workouts, I just try to stay active year 'round.

Spine problems have kept me from backpacking in recent years, but... I think I'm recovered enough to give it a try again this year. Perhaps even backpack in for a mountain mulie hunt like I used to do. I'd like that.

Hope everyone here achieves their goals and enjoys. I find myself a bit envious of MtWarden - he seems to be doing the stuff I can't quite manage anymore. Well, not at the level he's doing anyway.

Regards, Guy

Guy,

Of course they're not necessary by any means but the technology you get from them is pretty cool and incredibly accurate.

The last one I bought was the FitBit Alta HR and it was on sale for $80. It does a helluva lot for $80.

Page 41 of 87 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 70 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.