Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://princeofpoachers.com/

what do y'all think about this, looks like most of his poaching took place back in the 70s 80s

https://princeofpoachers.com/

Ex-outlaw deer hunter Charles "Charlie" Beaty tells all in this EPIC true-story hunting adventure!

***SPECIAL SALE PRICE***

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SPECIAL DEALS

Home
About the Book
Shop
Contact us

About the Book
A Review

"This is the best book I've ever read aside from the Bible. I started reading it Sunday morning and it kept me up until 11 o'clock Sunday night. I just couldn't put it down. Thanks to Charles Beaty for sharing his real-life experiences for the world to read. The final story is soon to come and I can't wait to read it! Every deer hunter in the world should read it!"

-Ryan Wilson
A True-Life Hunting Adventure

In Prince of Poachers , you will read how Charlie Beaty hunted many ranches, including the world-famous King and Kenedy Ranches and illegally poached an incredible 116 trophy whitetail deer over a 22-year span.

It includes his funniest moments, exclusive photos, many seat-of-your-pants hot pursuits and much more.
An Unforgettable Story

In Prince of Poachers , you'll read how Texas Parks and Wildlife State Game Wardens worked with ranch security in an endless effort to capture Charlie and bring him to justice. Read first-hand accounts of how he rattled up his top dirty-dozen bucks and details of the 11, 16 and record-setting 27 day hunts alone, surviving off the land then making it out safely when even his friends feared he may be dead.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
"Charlie" should be found in a overgrown field with a well centered 22 hole in his forehead. The poaching goes on....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe I've met him and visited with him... Like around '97 or so.

If it's the same guy I'm thinking about, he ended up working with ranchers and game wardens on how to stop poachers and tighten ranch security on poaching.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like reading good books on hunting. I won't be buying from a poacher.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys should read some Barry Crump books.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

If it's the same guy I'm thinking about, he ended up working with ranchers and game wardens on how to stop poachers and tighten ranch security on poaching.

believe its the same guy. Game Wardens were the ones who encouraged him to write the book, hoping it would help land owners on catching other poachers.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
I like reading good books on hunting. I won't be buying from a poacher.

granted, but the guy probably knows a hell of a lot more about hunting than your average sitting in a deer blind over the feeder hunter.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A smart poacher's gonna be able to poach for a long time.

I don't know that any of it's worth bragging about. Especially in the 70's and 80's.

Not something I'd be interested in reading.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What he told me was pretty interesting...

He said he'd go into some place like the King Ranch, and stay for 2 or 3 days. He'd hunt and rattle up, and kill big bucks, and his wife would pick him up at a per-determined spot. He did say that things got lively from time to time. wink

I asked what he was doing now (back in '97) and he said he was working ranch security consulting and teaching the ranchers and game wardens how he got away with what he did for so long.

FWIW, I didn't get the impression he was a bad guy. More like he'd been reformed.

I'll give anyone a second chance. Especially if they mean to do well, and follow up on it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I don't know that any of it's worth bragging about. Especially in the 70's and 80's.

Yeah back then it wasn't a felony and only a 200 fine if you were caught.

knew a lawyer in kingsville, friend of my dad, He only had to cross the street and jump the fence to be in the king ranch. My dad asked why he did it, he had been caught a few times. His reply was a 200 dollar fine is cheaper than a lease. You don't see a lot poaching anymore now that it a felony and you can lose your gun, truck or car.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

knew a lawyer in kingsville, friend of my dad, He only had to cross the street and jump the fence to be in the king ranch. My dad asked why he did it, he had been caught a few times. His reply was a 200 dollar fine is cheaper than a lease. You don't see a lot poaching anymore now that it a felony and you can lose your gun, truck or car.

Back then it was different.

Now, you'd rather get caught robbing the local bank than be caught poaching.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We had a very famous local poacher die last year. If you had known him, and not known what he was, you'd probably have liked him. Personally, I couldn't stand the SOB. I guess I'm looking at things somewhat differently, but I figure if a man owns his land, what he does there is none of my business. If he shoots a deer out of season, that's between him and the game warden, but if he goes onto other peoples land and shoots game out of season, then he has broken the law and needs to be caught.

As interesting as that book sounds, I won't be buying it.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Barry,

Did he hunt with another notorious poacher from up around Marble Falls area that’s dead now? I knew one who would spend weeks down on the same ranches mentioned. He even had made boots with cow hooves on the bottoms.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If he shoots a deer out of season, that's between him and the game warden, but if he goes onto other peoples land and shoots game out of season, then he has broken the law and needs to be caught.

Pretty much where I'm at.

Spent my summers as a kid working with my grandad on our family ranch. It always seemed like the deer meat from fall was gone by then. I would always come up with some to fill the gap. smile

I asked my grandad the first time if it was deer season. He told me it was on our land...

He was right.

My grandad never had much use for Ol' G.W.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd probably buy the poacher's book if he was donating all proceeds to a non-profit wildlife organization. But he's not. No mention on his website.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Barry,

Did he hunt with another notorious poacher from up around Marble Falls area that’s dead now? I knew one who would spend weeks down on the same ranches mentioned. He even had made boots with cow hooves on the bottoms.

LOL. May have been. I think he went by himself mostly, but he did mention there was a friend of his that was like minded. wink

I met this guy at the San Antonio Livestock Show & Rodeo as I was performing, Both of us in the Western tent. I think he was giving a presentation or something in another tent.

We visited for hours. Next day he was gone.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
LOL. Yeah Barry. Sounds like if they didn’t hunt together, bet they traded secrets and such. Btw, the guy I had in mind was a cousin of our mutual friend. This ol’ boy was tough as nails.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 01/02/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter

It's still not a felony here. My mother is the town court clerk and sees poaching cases all the time. Generally just a 1000 - 1500.00 fine for a first offense for an illegal deer. Trespassing generally a 75.00 fine for first offense. Poaching is a family tradition handed down from generation to generation around here. Lots of it still goes on out in the hills and it's accepted enough in some areas that your neighbors won't generally turn you in for it, even though they know you're doing it. Hell, lots of them have done it or still do occasionally themselves. Many do it for decades without getting caught.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in the 70s and 80s there were not many high fence ranches and deer had not become a high dollar commodity yet.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Kurt Darner could write a good one...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.