Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Jordan, I think Form is going to give it a glowing review. Excellent clarity across all power ranges. Solid internals with tracking capabilities and return to zero perfect. Durable from a 3’ft drop and holding its guts together from repeated recoil...
And, Santa really rides in a sleigh 🤣😎

I have bad news for you......

about Santa...

grin

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
100% scope thrashing coming my way. 😰

Well.... not a hundred percent. 😈

I haven’t seen a ton of them- 6 or so off of memory. A few had issues, two that I can remember had to go back for service. Overall they’re kind of like other Zeiss scopes in that they do not generally have the consistent and constant QC problems and general functioning issues that say Leupold and Vortex have, but they aren’t designed or built to dial. Yes they have a turret, and yes you might get away with it for a while, however they’re just a normal scope and day it’s going to bite you. Might be at round 60, might be at round 600.

As for overall durability, nah. Again, they’re a normal scope. Side impacts tend to cause pretty significant zero shifts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I had a 5-30x50 V6 and found it very hard to get behind. Great glass and superb tracking, just wasn't practical for hunting. Also found the lenses fogged up very quickly and had to be wiped off all the time. Great target scope, poor hunting scope IMO. I would like to try a 3-18x50 though to see if it is easier to get behind.

I think this true with any high magnification scopes. you MUST dial down to a "normal" power while hunting, then if you have a LONG shot, you will need a DEAD SOLID rest to make the kill, so dialing up to 25-30 you can get up on scope and make the proper alignment. I agree the high maginification is great when the proper opportunity presents itself.

I had a Leupold 45X Competition scope on my benchrest .22 and yes, your head had to be in just the right place to get full field of view

I'm talking at 5x. I had it on my rifle for the first weekend of Whitetail this season and took a doe each day with it, but it was in spite of the scope not because of it. Both less than 50 yards, at 5x, I nearly missed the opportunity on both them (neither were running, just walking across a 40 yard wide plot) because I couldn't get behind the scope. Never had that issue before. Moved it on down the road. Though to take some blame away from the scope, I don't believe I had it mounted far enough forward, though it was mounted as far forward as the rings I had would allow.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

I haven’t seen a ton of them- 6 or so off of memory. A few had issues, two that I can remember had to go back for service. Overall they’re kind of like other Zeiss scopes in that they do not generally have the consistent and constant QC problems and general functioning issues that say Leupold and Vortex have, but they aren’t designed or built to dial. Yes they have a turret, and yes you might get away with it for a while, however they’re just a normal scope and day it’s going to bite you. Might be at round 60, might be at round 600.

As for overall durability, nah. Again, they’re a normal scope. Side impacts tend to cause pretty significant zero shifts.

A glowing review, as I expected. Laffin. Thanks for the input everyone 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Form,

You still seeing failures on the higher magnification Gen II Razors, or was it just a couple of scopes from early production?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Form,

You still seeing failures on the higher magnification Gen II Razors, or was it just a couple of scopes from early production?

why buy a Razor for that much money? vortex is terrible at maintaining its brand. 5 years from now they will have an updated razor and will have blown out the old ones at substantial discounts. NF is going to maintain its value, so you can use the money to upgrade AND not worry about if its the updated model that doesn't have issues or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NF has yet to make a reticle that I really like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 3-18x50 on my Fieldcraft, and it's been nothing less than great so far.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NF has yet to make a reticle that I really like.

These are my sentiments as well.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Form,

The best way to say it is that it’s not uncommon to see issues with the Gen II’s. Most that I work and shoot with treat Vortex like the hiv, so I’m not seeing dozens of them a year anymore. Lots of 1-6x Gen II’s. But I still see 10-12 a year of the higher powered Razors, and maybe 3-4 out of those have problems.

On NF reticles-

For dedicated LR use, I’m happy with the H59. For general hunting, I agree 100%.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,068
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.