Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by angler
@ingwe: Nice work, well done, 7 foxes for one night is awersome.
Our (2 frends I hunt whit and mine) highest score is 4 foexes and 1 jackal.
I use .223 Remington. Ammo I use is Fiocchi 55gr EPN or Hornady 53/55rg Vm,ax. Rifle is Interarms Mark X MZ .223rem equipped with Schmidt&Bender Zenith 3-12x50 FD.
What do you use?

Sounds like a near perfect outfit!

I shoot a lot of different ones. My favorite for saving fur is the .222 in the picture and plain Hornady 50 grain soft points. 3x9 Hawke scope.

Second favorite is a .223AI shooting either 55 grain gold dots or 60 gr Nosler Ballistic tips...slowed down...

This is it on another night in Texas with 3 coyotes a fox and a bobcat...scope is SIG Whiskey 3x9

[Linked Image]

I also enjoy your stories of hunting in Serbia...keep them coming!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Terryk
@ingwe: You have very beautiful rifle.

[quote=angler]
You deserve some rakia! Can you shoot vlk (byk)?

Tnx smile vlk (byk)?I did not understand you completely.

I thought byk is vuk or wolf. Here is the US Atlantic states we do not have wolves. Our coyotes are said to have a little wolf blood, and are bigger than western coyotes. I looked up wolves and it said they were not protected in Serbia.
My folks always told me wolves were an issue for sheep herders in Slovakia. And naturally the folk tales and Slavic symbols of the wolf are in my mind, but I never saw one in the wild.
Same for red deer, and wild boars, we don't have them here in Pennsylvania. We do have red and grey fox. Red live near field, and grey like woods.

And this will disturb you. Here in the US it is illegal to make distilled liqueur like rakia. It is legal to make wine and beer, but federal law prohibits liqueur unless you start a business. It can be bought, but not made legally.

TerryK I work in Kosice. I have seen wolves up near the High Tatras. One of the Slovak guys tells me he hunts wolves right outside of Kosice. He has shown me some pictures. I wish I could hunt while I am there. Slovakia is a beautiful country

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
In order not to spoil topic, I decided to make a special topic to deal with laws and rules about hunting, shooting, guns and ammo in different countries in Europe.
Topic about laws and ruls in Europe

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It was all about the pairs yesterday. Had a 4th pair coming but the fickle wind saved their hides. They were really vocal until about 1:30. After that I didn't hear or see another coyote.
[Linked Image]IMG_0018 by .com/photos/156405073N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

[quote=Terryk][quote=angler]

TerryK I work in Kosice. I have seen wolves up near the High Tatras. One of the Slovak guys tells me he hunts wolves right outside of Kosice. He has shown me some pictures. I wish I could hunt while I am there. Slovakia is a beautiful country

Very cool to hear of the wolves in Kosice. Kosice is my father's homeland. I guess there was a village there called Kelly. My uncle was named Kelly after the village. I think the village may have been erased by war.
Both of my grandparent left after being conscripted by Austrian Hungarian army. In my childhood they talked of wolves and the hard winters. The importance of carrying an axe (valashka) for protection. Naturally those vivid thoughts stay with me.
I was out today looking for coyote sign, and did not find any. The snow is pretty crusty so I think they don't leave prints. Smaller deer left mini poop on top, but there hoof did not cut the crust like the bigger deer. I was also on a bigger mission because a farmer I know had 11 cows bust through a fence. He is still missing 4, so my buddy and I scoped out that forest hoping to find the missing heifers.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

[quote=Terryk][quote=angler]

Very cool to hear of the wolves in Kosice. Kosice is my father's homeland. I guess there was a village there called Kelly. My uncle was named Kelly after the village. I think the village may have been erased by war.
Both of my grandparent left after being conscripted by Austrian Hungarian army. In my childhood they talked of wolves and the hard winters. The importance of carrying an axe (valashka) for protection. Naturally those vivid thoughts stay with me.
I was out today looking for coyote sign, and did not find any. The snow is pretty crusty so I think they don't leave prints. Smaller deer left mini poop on top, but there hoof did not cut the crust like the bigger deer. I was also on a bigger mission because a farmer I know had 11 cows bust through a fence. He is still missing 4, so my buddy and I scoped out that forest hoping to find the missing heifers.

I'll be back in Kosice next month. I miss eating Halusky

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRnCO
It was all about the pairs yesterday. Had a 4th pair coming but the fickle wind saved their hides. They were really vocal until about 1:30. After that I didn't hear or see another coyote.

Geez, the fur on those coyotes is beautiful. Those would make a really nice coat for somebody....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Those are some REALLY nice pales...even up here we only get a " Montana Pale" about every one in ten....

Cool beans...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Congrats. I've never seen a truck load of pretty pale dogs like that

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Totally awesome dogs.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
as nice as they look they might avg. $20/ea. Just too late in the season and they are all past prime.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
I have called and killed a number of the African Jackals...

[Linked Image]

And a bunch of our coyotes, both in the northern states and Texas.

Tell me about the rifle. I can't tell if it's a petite small bore or you're a pretty big guy?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
ugliest triple ever right here. I called em in but I didn't even shoot. This was my partners 1st unassisted triple. YUCK!!!
[Linked Image]IMG_0022 by .com/photos/156405073N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[Linked Image]

191lbs was only good enough for 2nd place in the local stink dog derby. Our biggest was 46.4lbs and we lost $300 to a 47.8 lb mutt in the big dog division. Still lots of fun and respectable for late season eastern coyotes.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 46.4 coyote is still a good size one. I wouldn't be disappointed with the results.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

Finally drew blood with my 44 special.

The lighting in the picture is the head light on my snowmobile.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poor porky............... laugh

Not a lot of quills on that tail.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I thought so too, until I looked a lot closer.

That little sucker is haired up! Hair is three or four inches longer than the quills.

I may have shot it in the tail once though.....it was like 40 yards away and moving out!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You can sell that hair for native head dresses Jim. They bring pretty good money I hear.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I thought so too, until I looked a lot closer.

That little sucker is haired up! Hair is three or four inches longer than the quills.

I may have shot it in the tail once though.....it was like 40 yards away and moving out!

That's really long hair, pretty cold winter, bullet was a close shave..................................yuk, yuk.

Ed

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,238
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.