Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I know there are some 22 Nosler guys here but I picked up a 224 Valkyrie a few months ago. I did a ten shot load work up but I haven’t had a chance to put them on paper.. I was long overdue.

Anyhow, I was pretty happy with the gun yesterday. I used RL17 and it works for about 2950’ish with the 75 grain ELD M’s. Can’t wait to try the 88’s next.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty darned fun rifle though and pretty zippy for a 20” barrel.

Semper Fi
GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You shooting those 75 trainers single shot. Please excuse my ignorance don't know much on the 224 valk.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
You shooting those 75 trainers single shot. Please excuse my ignorance don't know much on the 224 valk.

No sir, they fit in the mags and function well 79S.. I’m planning to get the 88’s up pretty quick as well. The 224 Valk was made to run the heavies through the 6.8 SPC mags. Pretty cool little cartridge. Pretty cheap way to get into an AR15 that’ll chuck heavies.

Semper Fi
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 79S

No sir, they fit in the mags and function well 79S.. I’m planning to get the 88’s up pretty quick as well. The 224 Valk was made to run the heavies through the 6.8 SPC mags. Pretty cool little cartridge. Pretty cheap way to get into an AR15 that’ll chuck heavies.

Hmmm I might have to get me a upper..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was talking to a buddy about his 223AI this morning. He's getting 3000 fps with 75 gr Hornady HPBT's so if you're getting 2950ish with the 75 ELD's that fit in a magazine, you just showed me why the Valkyrie exists. Thanks.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice! I've been looking at the 224V lately. I see PSA has the 1/6.5 twist too.

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Nice! I've been looking at the 224V lately. I see PSA has the 1/6.5 twist too.

I KNOW! I just saw that. Mines a 7 twist but seems to be fine and I think the 88’s will be good with the 7. Their 6.5 twist upper is a good deal. I’m pretty happy with mine so far.

Semper Fi
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Here are a couple pictures of the loaded rounds with the 75 ELD M

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These were my recorded speeds from the Magnetospeed

[Linked Image]

Last edited by beretzs; 01/07/19.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good read. I picked up a PSA Valkyrie a few months ago, too. Mine is also a 1/7. I bought some American Eagle 70 grains to break it in and get some brass. It was really cheap like 8 bucks a box on sale. After shooting several 5 shot groups and all being at or under 1", I bought more. I haven't loaded for it yet as I am still getting my reloading room ready for action. That should be done this week and the Valkyrie will be first on the list. I'm hoping to find the right powder so I can go to the 75's, 77's, 80's and 90's, too. We'll see.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who made the gun / upper? Barrel?

MM

IC B3

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
MM, mines all PSA. No idea who makes their barrels.

RickyD, same experience with the 75 grain AE ammo. It is ridiculously cheap and I couldn’t believe how well it shot. I should’ve bought a case of the stuff.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

RickyD, same experience with the 75 grain AE ammo. It is ridiculously cheap and I couldn’t believe how well it shot. I should’ve bought a case of the stuff.

I misspoke. Mine is the 75 grain AE, also. At it's current PSA price of 10.99 it's still cheap.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

All but the high end psa barrels are made in house..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

What's "high end"? Stainless?

Thought FN was making most of their barrels?

Seems to be a lot of guessing w/o much for facts.

I like to buy my barrels from a known barrel supply source....................just sayin. when they won't tell ya, kinda makes ya wonder.

So at least if I buy a 2nd one, I sort of have a chance of getting the same product again..................WOA, Compass Lake, RISE, Kreiger, BHW, just to name a few.

MM

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
All the uppers from PSA seem to be out of stock now. If you guys that have them don’t mind me asking, what we’re they going for

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
All the uppers from PSA seem to be out of stock now. If you guys that have them don’t mind me asking, what we’re they going for

400 is what I paid for mine.

No idea if the barrel is good or not, but it shoots decent enough right now.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Can you give a source for PSA making their own barrels?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S

What's "high end"? Stainless?

Thought FN was making most of their barrels?

Seems to be a lot of guessing w/o much for facts.

I like to buy my barrels from a known barrel supply source....................just sayin. when they won't tell ya, kinda makes ya wonder.

So at least if I buy a 2nd one, I sort of have a chance of getting the same product again..................WOA, Compass Lake, RISE, Kreiger, BHW, just to name a few.

MM

10-4.

Last edited by 79S; 01/08/19.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable

400 is what I paid for mine.

No idea if the barrel is good or not, but it shoots decent enough right now.

Sounds like a great deal to get into a Valkyrie. Keep us posted on how it works for you in the long run. Also, a 1 in 7 twist shooting heavies at those speeds sounds like a lot of fun....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by 79S

Can you give a source for PSA making their own barrels?

AR15.com under the industry forums click on PSA look for who makes the PSA nitride barrels and PSA states they roll there own nitride and stainless barrels. There CHF barrels are made by FN.... so take that for what it's worth..

Last edited by 79S; 01/08/19.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.