Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Not really but if you're going to dig your heels in and push reason aside then so be it.

BP-B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
No I'll will. It's just frustrating watching state agencies blatantly try to manipulate the system. Not much different than someone working for cash and collecting welfare benefits.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I don't think anyone believes this is a good idea, and I live here. Every year I purchase a small game combo fishing license with two duck stamps and rarely use any of it. I chafe at the idea of it being required. I feel this habitat stamp is a scam. They don't charge the hikers or the trail bike crowd this nonsense. Application fee is like the processing fee the car dealers charge and its all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hunters are being taking advantage of so you just don't go, and then you won't "need" those nasty firearms. Its all part of a long term game by the left and they are winning.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Its all part of a long term game by the left and they are winning.

Wow. Is it hard to find a blaze orange hat that fits over your tinfoil?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ammoman16
Not much different than someone working for cash and collecting welfare benefits.

Except that one is illegal and the other isn't.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm looking for a hat that holds 15 round mags as anything over that is evil.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You didn't stock up on 30s??

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't blame any state for doing anything that betters their ability to improve their fish and game management programs, nor do I feel like I am being screwed, or cheated, or anything else. I do find it mildly annoying that a state has the unfettered ability to charge whatever they wish to hunt public lands that my tax dollars pay for, and that I own....but that's hardly a poke at Colorado.

My only emotion is a little bit of sadness in the realization that my chances of hunting out West in any meaningful way keep getting smaller and smaller.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I do find it mildly annoying that a state has the unfettered ability to charge whatever they wish to hunt public lands that my tax dollars pay for, and that I own....

There should be a period(.), between 'hunt' and 'public land', they are 2 separate sentences. The unfettered fees are the same, public OR private. And yes, your taxes pay for public land. And you are free to use them. But the public lands hold animals that your taxes DON'T pay for, so unless you pays your license monies, and jump thru the hoops, you can't 'hunt' on that public ground.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I do find it mildly annoying that a state has the unfettered ability to charge whatever they wish to hunt public lands that my tax dollars pay for, and that I own....

There should be a period(.), between 'hunt' and 'public land', they are 2 separate sentences. The unfettered fees are the same, public OR private. And yes, your taxes pay for public land. And you are free to use them. But the public lands hold animals that your taxes DON'T pay for, so unless you pays your license monies, and jump thru the hoops, you can't 'hunt' on that public ground.

I know the argument....and even though I largely disagree with it, it has been decided long ago. Tilting at windmills and such...

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Man with all the money weed is making Colorado I thought everything would be free.....funded by dope. Guess that hasnt been the cash cow savior it was sold as.....weird.

Thinking about putting in for a muzzy elk tag, out of my way poor folks!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For folks like you, we have a special extra license fee. The proceeds go to the National Proctological Association to fund the search for The Cure.

Residenrs can buy a special license plate with brown trim to fund the search for The Cure.

PS, you used to list "Colorado" as your location, why the need for a NR license?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by test1328

You're right about this, I agree. However, I'm sure the legislature could come up with a plan in no time at all to get some funds to CPW if they wanted to. Why not a license to operate a kayak or mountain bike in CO that would go to CPW? Or, a one time CPW fee of $100 for every mountain bike, kayak, etc. that is sold in CO? They do similar to fund tourism in CO by charging an extra fee (tax) on your hotel stay. With some creativity and the right legislation, I'm sure it could be done. However, I doubt we would ever see it.

The risk to that idea--and it's a very real risk--is that those non-hunters, including anti-hunters, will have a bigger say in how wildlife is managed. Think changing hunting seasons to accommodate other activities, and think about predator hunting.

The biggest and best argument we have as hunters is we pay our own way. No other activities--especially on public lands--can say that.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I know the argument....and even though I largely disagree with it, it has been decided long ago. Tilting at windmills and such...

Not to jump the thread, but a quick note; For me the monies we all spend in tag and licensing fees that go towards “whatever game and management” means to dept of fish and game. We pay it...Alas, only to be regulated through the courts by individuals and non-profit start up organizations that throw some of their morality-science into an argument, that a certain animal shouldn’t be hunted or hunted in a way that was used properly in the past allowing for better management of an game animals head count. Thinking, bear, cougs, wolves, insert animal and location of your choosing or type of hunt that has since been changed through the courts by people who have never paid for these animals through fees hunters and sportman have for a few generations. Think liberal soccer mom and dads with trek poles and day packs. Apologies for hijack 😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 01/13/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by test1328

You're right about this, I agree. However, I'm sure the legislature could come up with a plan in no time at all to get some funds to CPW if they wanted to. Why not a license to operate a kayak or mountain bike in CO that would go to CPW? Or, a one time CPW fee of $100 for every mountain bike, kayak, etc. that is sold in CO? They do similar to fund tourism in CO by charging an extra fee (tax) on your hotel stay. With some creativity and the right legislation, I'm sure it could be done. However, I doubt we would ever see it.

The risk to that idea--and it's a very real risk--is that those non-hunters, including anti-hunters, will have a bigger say in how wildlife is managed. Think changing hunting seasons to accommodate other activities, and think about predator hunting.

The biggest and best argument we have as hunters is we pay our own way. No other activities--especially on public lands--can say that.

AC, we actually do see somethings eye to eye....I agree with this ^^^^^😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
For folks like you, we have a special extra license fee. The proceeds go to the National Proctological Association to fund the search for The Cure.

Residenrs can buy a special license plate with brown trim to fund the search for The Cure.

PS, you used to list "Colorado" as your location, why the need for a NR license?

Who said I'd apply as a non resident, polesmoker?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thats right, you don't hunt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Side benefit of Liberal state hunting policies: coyotes and mountain lions NOW come to hunt in the cities and suburbs that are anti-hunter friendly. Keep an eye on your kids and pets, Lib geniuses.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
All predators prefer unarmed prey....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Considering Colorado has gone demrat I would like to see a real accounting of the money we pay in licenses and what it accomplishes. There is zero wildlife management on much of Co's public land so is this bigger pot of money going to fund a wolf introduction program? Or the DNC propaganda fund?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
386 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 36 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.