Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, but it'll buy a lot of tinfoil for you. I'd suggest you contact the Director with your request for an accounting of how tbey spend their funds.

As a resident of Texas, I'm sure he'll put your request at the top of his priority list.

And if I may ask, what is your assertion that there is zero wildlife management on public lands based on?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by test1328

You're right about this, I agree. However, I'm sure the legislature could come up with a plan in no time at all to get some funds to CPW if they wanted to. Why not a license to operate a kayak or mountain bike in CO that would go to CPW? Or, a one time CPW fee of $100 for every mountain bike, kayak, etc. that is sold in CO? They do similar to fund tourism in CO by charging an extra fee (tax) on your hotel stay. With some creativity and the right legislation, I'm sure it could be done. However, I doubt we would ever see it.

The risk to that idea--and it's a very real risk--is that those non-hunters, including anti-hunters, will have a bigger say in how wildlife is managed. Think changing hunting seasons to accommodate other activities, and think about predator hunting.

The biggest and best argument we have as hunters is we pay our own way. No other activities--especially on public lands--can say that.

That ship has sailed! Once the DOW became the CPW, our game commission got some new members to represent these "recreational" users. Not to mention the "at large" commission members, non-consumptive wildlife users, etc. By the way, who appoints these commissioners? The Governor, who has been a Democrat for the last 8 years and we've got another one just starting his 4 years. You think the Democrats are appointing people to look after our hunting interests? You think they don't already account for non and anti-hunters in setting hunting areas, seasons, etc.? If you didn't already know this, you've been sleeping. Hunters don't only pay our own way, we pay everyone else's way as well. That was my point.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
[quote=test1328

That ship has sailed! Once the DOW became the CPW, our game commission got some new members to represent these "recreational" users. Not to mention the "at large" commission members, non-consumptive wildlife users, etc. By the way, who appoints these commissioners? The Governor, who has been a Democrat for the last 8 years and we've got another one just starting his 4 years. You think the Democrats are appointing people to look after our hunting interests? You think they don't already account for non and anti-hunters in setting hunting areas, seasons, etc.? If you didn't already know this, you've been sleeping. Hunters don't only pay our own way, we pay everyone else's way as well. That was my point.[/quote]

I think the head of the Colorado Agricultural Commission is also on the CPW commission,but is a non voting member

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Thats right, you don't hunt.

Fantastic rebuttal for someone of your age...or do old folks prefer "vintage"? Let's face the facts, you dont know your [bleep] from a hole in the ground.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was going to try to do a deer hunt along with some upland hunting while in Montana this fall. Called them today to ask about the draw process and area I wanted to hunt. Cost for a nonresident deer tag in Montana is over $600 and I have to have a hunting license there also. Its just funny in a way.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Fantastic rebuttal for someone of your age...or do old folks prefer "vintage"? Let's face the facts, you dont know your [bleep] from a hole in the ground.

LOL, what a tool you are. If the number of years I've been on this earth is all you can come up with it just shows you're lacking in imagination. And brain cells. This thread is about the requirement to purchase a small game license during the application process and almost all of the negative comments (like yours) are about the requirement to purchase a license that the licensee may never use. So your comment about applying and "poor folks get out of the way" only makes sense if you won't use the license. There are only 2 reasons you wouldn't use the license, either you're a non-resident or you don't hunt. Take your pick, you sorry dumb ass.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

LOL, what a tool you are. If the number of years I've been on this earth is all you can come up with it just shows you're lacking in imagination. And brain cells. This thread is about the requirement to purchase a small game license during the application process and almost all of the negative comments (like yours) are about the requirement to purchase a license that the licensee may never use. So your comment about applying and "poor folks get out of the way" only makes sense if you won't use the license. There are only 2 reasons you wouldn't use the license, either you're a non-resident or you don't hunt. Take your pick, you sorry dumb ass.

Calm down old timer, dont want your BP to get up too high...you old dumb sum biatch

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Old timer, I like that. Makes it all the more satisfying when I kick some young guy's ass in whatever.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I wasn't aware that this would turn into such a pi$$ing contest when I posted it.I only wanted people not to get blind sided when they applied for a tag.

My take on it is if CPW only wanted to get more of their share of PR funds, they could have just required the purchase of the small game tag.They are already getting extra monies from the increase of the big game tags and certainly will get a windfall from the sale of the small game tag.So why increase that?

I don't have the figures on the number of draw applicants for big game,but think it is way over 200,000. So at $28 a clip,that is $5.6 million that not counting a NR gets $80 .Figuring that maybe 1/2 of the applicants are NR, that takes it up to $10.8 million. Now add the average application fee of $8 )($7 and(9) they get another $1.6 million . That is only for one species, by the time you add in increases for antelope, deer, elk, moose, sheep, goat, that figure can easily pass $20 million.

Sure, many big game hunters already buy a small game tag,but that is a small income when compared to what CPW will gain vs what they already take in from that.

I'm not sure that all who are gung ho for these increases have figured out just how much CPW 's income will increase.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats gonna buy a lot of new trucks.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Oh and I’m sure CPW will put that money to good use!

Bunch of horse manure!!

Last edited by Aviator; 01/15/19.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Oddly enough I lived in Durango for 3 years and know for a fact that a lot of the public land is virtually impossible to access without a helicopter. So how much money do you actually think is spent out there? In fact what exactly does CPW spend on elk and deer management? It is a fair question and dodging it with your smartass crap makes you look like some liberal airhead.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're right it's a fair question. I don't pretend to have the answer to it, all I did was ask you what your basis is for concluding that no game management happens on public land, which is also a fair question. And apparently a question you can't answer.

And you do know that population surveys are conducted from the air as well as on the ground, right?

My smart-ass comment is the result of reading a bunch of non-residents complaining about fees to hunt in other states. The common thread seems to be an attitude of entitlement, that you're entitled to pay a fee that you find acceptable. I never think of it that way, I look at the fees that other states charge and make a decision. If I don't like their fee structure I don't hunt there. Because as a non-resident I understand that I have no say in how other states conduct their business.

And I damn sure know that I'm not entitled to demand an accounting from state agencies in states I don't reside in. So take your "liberal" bullsh** and stuff it.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Saddlesore,
2018 Deer Apps: Res 113, 370, NR 80,359 so a total minimum number of Small Game licenses would be that plus another 15,000 youth apps.

So your estimate is close.

I’m with you. I can choose to pay or go elsewhere. I’m not happy that I have to buy SG to apply for deer, but that’s just the way it is! My home state rapes nonresident hunters just as dry with no reach around either.

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Oddly enough I lived in Durango for 3 years and know for a fact that a lot of the public land is virtually impossible to access without a helicopter. So how much money do you actually think is spent out there? In fact what exactly does CPW spend on elk and deer management? It is a fair question and dodging it with your smartass crap makes you look like some liberal airhead.

Its because he is.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, if you've got nothing else to say, toss out "liberal," it's always an easy way out.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yep, if you've got nothing else to say, toss out "liberal," it's always an easy way out.

Or if a liberal, toss out racist or nazi. Insults are easier than logic based on fact. 😂

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Could be worse guys.

Despite violating our Statehood Act in which Alaska was guaranteed in writing by the Feds that we would have management control over fish and game, when "subsistence" came along, the fg Feds "Indian-gave" (excuse the expression.... smile that very guarantee. We now have to contend with two sets of regulations (Fed and State) on some Fed administered lands (well over half of Alaska). Our governor at the time, Tony "Weasel" Knowles (D) withdrew the law suit, headed for the SC, eventually, and the 10th Circus Court (California) dismissed it "with prejudice", meaning that's it- cannot be resumed ever.

Plus Native regulations some places, but as that is private they can do what they want.

No extra fees involved usually, just PITA, and often, locked out of the activity in certain areas. The feds and state both pretty much rubber stamp anything the Natives want, even if it is putatively "public" land, if they call it "subsistence".

That said, I just ended 8 years of "subsistence" hunting by virtue of where I was living. It was lovely. Hell, one hardly had to read (or folloiw) regulations........... smile. Then pretty much only if one is white.

No that is not a racist comment - just a fact of life. Suck it up.

Last edited by las; 01/15/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been hunting elk off and on (actually a lot more on than off) in Colorado since 1963. Right now, I plan to go again this year if my health and conditioning holds up. Most of my "hunting buddies" no longer hunt, but a couple of them still show up at elk camp every year and they are willing to help me when I am fortunate enough to slay one.

Like some other posters here, I have been retired for a while, and basically living on a fixed income, and the cost of a nonresident license in Colorado keeps getting a little harder to justify to the Chancellor of the Exchequer each year. Nonetheless, I intend to be out there again, come the second weekend in October.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You're right it's a fair question. I don't pretend to have the answer to it, all I did was ask you what your basis is for concluding that no game management happens on public land, which is also a fair question. And apparently a question you can't answer.

And you do know that population surveys are conducted from the air as well as on the ground, right?

My smart-ass comment is the result of reading a bunch of non-residents complaining about fees to hunt in other states. The common thread seems to be an attitude of entitlement, that you're entitled to pay a fee that you find acceptable. I never think of it that way, I look at the fees that other states charge and make a decision. If I don't like their fee structure I don't hunt there. Because as a non-resident I understand that I have no say in how other states conduct their business.

And I damn sure know that I'm not entitled to demand an accounting from state agencies in states I don't reside in. So take your "liberal" bullsh** and stuff it.

Wrong again, if I have to spend more than $700. for a tag, resident or not I would think it would be reasonable to know what I am paying for. That would include some idea of what the state puts into game management for some understanding why the tag costs what it does. It seems you are some kind of troll actually so why would you argue against them putting out some evidence they do what they say we are paying for.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.