Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by pete53
well then put it this way :a good Christian would forget and forgive,for this man made little law ,that is so different in every state.

What’s that? Never ran into one before....

You know those ones that aren't supposed to judge, but, but, but........

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
🤣🤣

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Yep, the laws are different in every state, so what. He knew the law in his state, and he chose to break it. If I broke that law in my state I'd expect nothing less than what he got. And if I broke that law and then came on a public forum like this and spewed the nonsense he has, I'd expect nothing less than what he got here.

I'm all for forgiveness, when a man owns up to his mistake and takes responsibility for it. This clown has done just the opposite.

Spot on! Admitted his wrong doing for the baiting and then changed his story to be innocent. Doesnt have the character I look for in a person I would stand behind.

Pete, youve probably only saw the self proclaimed archery guru on here. I could give you links and multiple BANNED user names from many forums (including this one) to give you days of reading his insults, stone throwing and hypocritical drivel. I would be embarrassed backing up a guy that belittled a 12 year old boy on a forum that was asking archery related questions.

Last edited by bigwoods; 05/09/19.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
The guy poached a deer over bait, which is illegal. That's the kind of thing that hurts hunting.

I actually laughed out loud. I know people post “LOL” too often but in this case, I read that and actually laughed. I marvel at my ability to control the emotions of so many here (an awesome power to say the least so thank you making this so easy for me and so entertaining). Its amazing just how simple it is. Now we got a dope, so wounded and panties twisted that he is manufacturing his own reality. Hahahahahahaha. I should not have this much power over these guys but its fun to have.

7 years ago I got a civil citation for feeding deer a week before gun season. (the speeding ticket equivalent in the hunting world.) They mail you a ticket, you send a check and literally case closed. I didn’t even lose my authority to continue hunting the day of the citation. Just a civil citation. Send them a few dollars (I got lots of those) and the matter was completed almost a decade ago.

Now this joker is getting himself all worked up and devoting time to invent that “poaching” took place (the illegal killing of a game animal). If that were the case I would have been cited for that (yet I wasn’t.) If a deer was poached it would have been confiscated (that too never happened), the weapon would have been confiscated (that too never happened). I would have lost the authority to hunt (I wasn’t). If I was illegally hunting over bait (which I wasn’t) Bait would need to be present (it wasn’t) but kudos to taking all this time to pin pictures to your wall and run red strings from pin to pin to try to manufacture this in your head. Thanks for cracking this case wise open Columbo. You will try your best to manufacture that its something its not. I will laugh. (again)

So when I read that smokes_poles says “The guy poached a deer over bait, which is illegal. That's the kind of thing that hurts hunting.”

I can only (literally) laugh out loud. But its cute to watch you try so hard at this and devote so much energy on me. (Im worth it so please don’t stop letting me live rent free between your ears and so easily triggering you.)

[Linked Image]

Remember, my coffee is stronger than your feeling. (hint)

My last two threads garnered thousands of views. This one is approaching 4,000. I have faith, I can make you and the other whiners make this thread surpass those. I need only post a few words debunking your myths and its like winding up a kids toy and sitting back and being entertained. So, now that I have sufficiently triggered you emotional snowflakes into action. I will sit back and wait for the inevitable. You nancy's will rant, I will be entertained, we will all get to enjoy your melt down. (everybody wins)

So, chop chop. Entertain me

So easy. I’ll stop by next week and grade your work and kick you in the raisins again to make you post a few more times as you focus on me.

[Linked Image]

Im sure you can do better than this. Who knows, now that you read this and are seeing red and steam is coming out your ears because Ive further upset you, you will manufacture that I murdered somebody. Don’t disappoint me. Im worth it. FYI, I took some time to hang some mounts in the den. I don’t have the recent archery alligator on display yet but this will have to tide you over for now. I dont want to tell you how to melt down but this is where you will invent that these were poached or shot in a pen (or my favorite that I shot a "cow".) But again, feel free to manufacture all manner of fantasy stuff as you see fit. Make it good. wink

Listen, I understand. You take this all very seriously and are deeply invested in this. I get that and thats what makes this so entertaining for me so by all means. Dont stop. Pour more of your energy into me. Devote more and more of your day to me. I can get you to act as I see fit and for my enjoyment. Ready............. Set............. Melt down.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/13/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Someone should see if officer Barry Meister would read your line of bs and agree? Im sure I remember you stepping down from the WBH as a board member as a plea deal. Not everyone is new to your bs. Your story just keeps getting better everytime to tell it! Lmao

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, two pages of blather complete with graphics and I'm the one who's "heavily invested."

I'm not even slightly invested, I just like to call a spade a spade you nitwit poacher.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Known poachers should be outed.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Patrick Durkin: Notable bowhunter's future with WBH in doubt

PATRICK DURKIN | For the State Journal Jan 4, 2013

A Wisconsin Bowhunters Association board member, who is also its legislative liaison and represented the WBH on a 2007-08 stake-holder panel that helped rewrite Department of Natural Resources policies on chronic wasting disease, was cited for illegal baiting/feeding Nov. 17 in Portage County.

Baiting/feeding deer was banned in Portage County after CWD was found there in 2002.

Ronald G. Kulas, 48, of Delafield, one of 22 directors for the 6,000-member WBH, also represented the politically active group recently on DNR-appointed citizen committees that reviewed deer-management-unit boundaries and alternatives to earn-a-buck.

Kulas was cited about 10 a.m. on opening day of Wisconsin’s nine-day firearms deer season by Department of Natural Resources Warden Barry Meister. The citation notes Kulas was hunting from a tree stand about 40 yards from where corn was spread, and Kulas admitted dumping “about half of a 5-gallon pail of shell corn” the previous Monday, Nov. 12.

“The subject stated he placed the corn at this location because his elderly father was planning on hunting from this stand, but (his father) changed his mind and hunted elsewhere,” Meister wrote. The citation also notes Kulas shot a spike buck before Meister arrived.

The DNR banned baiting/feeding in Portage County because 80 deer on a fenced shooting preserve called the “Hall Farm” tested positive for CWD between 2002 and 2005. The farm, now quarantined DNR property, is about 20 miles south of where Kulas was cited.

The DNR has tested for CWD in Portage County annually since 2002, and confirmed the county’s first case of the disease in wild deer this past week. The sick 1.5-year-old doe was shot Nov. 18 west of Stevens Point near the Mead Wildlife Area. Two CWD-positive wild deer were also discovered in recent weeks in nearby Adams and Juneau counties.

When contacted by email Dec. 17, Kulas declined comment on his citation. He said it was a “personal matter” and he did not contest it in Portage County court in Stevens Point because of health-related family obligations.

“I own my mistake and (will) pay the cost ($343.50) but I would hope folks would respect my families (sic) privacy in this matter,” he wrote. Later that week, however, Kulas posted a 1,900-word explanation on a “Bowsite.com” forum.

Besides testifying often for the WBH at legislative hearings, Kulas has administered the WBH’s Internet forums. He also contributes often to other online forums, writing under names such as “Rancid Crabtree” and “Retch Sweeney,” characters created by humorist Patrick McManus for stories in “Outdoor Life” and “Field & Stream” magazines.

Kulas knew baiting/feeding deer is illegal in Portage County. Writing as “Retch Sweeney” on an April 23, 2012, online forum, he said: “I don’t place bait. It’s illegal in the parts of Wisconsin I hunt. If it were legal, I would still not place bait. I hunt dairy (agricultural) lands, so there is plenty of ag-intended bait I hunt around.”

On another online forum in August 2011, Kulas wrote: “Unless those ‘magic stumps’ are within 50 yards of your house, they are illegal bait sites, which makes (you) as good as a poacher.”

In explaining his Nov. 17 citation, however, Kulas claimed on Bowsite.com that he was cited for a feeding, not baiting, violation, even though Meister noted both are illegal.

Kulas further claimed he didn’t pour corn at the site, but “snapped off a few ears” in a nearby field, and wrung the kernels from the cobs. He wrote:

"It was the wrong thing to do but I rationalized it as doing what I could to help my dad get a deer for all he had done for me over the years. Besides, in six days those kernels would be gobbled up and long gone, even if it was squirrels and jays that made off with it. ... My dad was unaware of what I had done. He would not have wanted the help.”

Near the end of his online explanation, Kulas said he called the WBH’s president, Mike Brust, Wausau, to explain the situation. He wrote: “I am going to be resigning my position on the (WBH) board and as legislative liaison. It’s the correct thing to do. Nobody asked me to resign. ... I can continue to help the (organization) as an active volunteer, though not on the board.”

When contacted last week, Brust declined comment on Kulas’ citation and whether he or the WBH board accepted Kulas’ resignations. Brust said the organization doesn’t have specific policies for directors who violate fish-and-wildlife citations, but the board would discuss Kulas’ actions Jan. 12 at a directors meeting in Stevens Point.

Contact Patrick Durkin, a free-lance writer who covers outdoors recreation for the Wisconsin State Journal, at patrickdurkincharter.net or write to him at 721 Wesley St., Waupaca, WI 54981.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
QUOTE.........."Kulas was cited about 10 a.m. on opening day of Wisconsin’s nine-day firearms deer season by Department of Natural Resources Warden Barry Meister. The citation notes Kulas was hunting from a tree stand about 40 yards from where corn was spread, and Kulas admitted dumping “about half of a 5-gallon pail of shell corn” the previous Monday, Nov. 12.

“The subject stated he placed the corn at this location because his elderly father was planning on hunting from this stand, but (his father) changed his mind and hunted elsewhere,” Meister wrote. The citation also notes Kulas shot a spike buck before Meister arrived."

That's quite a write up Ron. Accurate version?

How 'bout that spiker, did he go on the wall too? (I didn't see it in the video clip)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

“I own my mistake and (will) pay the cost ($343.50) but I would hope folks would respect my families (sic) privacy in this matter,” he wrote. Later that week, however, Kulas posted a 1,900-word explanation on a “Bowsite.com” forum.

Only 1,900 words?? They got off easy.......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Who would have thunk Sharp Thingy would be such an azzhole

Anyone who knows him. I knew him as rancid Crabtree and he was retch sweeney on DeerandDeerHunting.com. It is the same man. The names have changed, but the Condescension remains.
He is a fine craftsman, but his disregard for history and the law of the land, lead me to doubt his morals.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Known poachers should be outed.

Yeah, either that or he should start a new thread about the rifle season.

He could call it "Jump Start to the 2019 Rifle Season, or, How to Score on Opening Day Using Skill, Cunning, and Judicious Application of the proper Agricultural Products."

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
446 members (160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.