Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Shinbone,

Thanks for posting a picture of the Zeiss V4 mounted on your rifle, you probably saved me money since I planned on using that same scope on a M70 300 Win mag and I don't like having a scope bell that far up from the barrel. I have a Kimber montana 270WSM and I guess I put a NF SHV 3-10x42 on it .

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oldelkhunter - That big of a gap between the objective and the barrel does look a little ridiculous.

Also, not to hijack my own thread, but . . . I've been lusting after a Kimber Montana in 270WSM. How are you liking yours?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shinbone
Oldelkhunter - Not to hijack my own thread, but . . . I've been lusting after a Kimber Montana in 270WSM. How are you liking yours?

I will have owned it for 2 weeks this saturday. It appears to be very well made, if it was shot before it was sparingly. I have to scope it and take it to the range to see what I purchased.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Love my Z5 with the BRH. Give reticles a bit more thought.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Lots of feelings being tossed around here ... Schott glass doesnt always impress me....even my coffee pot has schott glass.

http://imgur.com/uZJo0jq

Good stuff man! That is sig line worthy.

To the OP - those kahles cl’s are outstanding scopes. Please pm me if you decide you want to sell or trade them.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
To the OP - those kahles cl’s are outstanding scopes. Please pm me if you decide you want to sell or trade them.

The Kahles CL scopes are indeed outstanding. When I bought them a dozen years ago at half price, I told myself these scopes would last the rest of my life. I knew about laser rangefinders and dialable scopes, but never thought that stuff would appeal to me. People change, including old ossified dudes, like me, I guess.

I will be hanging onto the Kahles scopes for the foreseeable future. I know Kahles offers more features, nowadays, but no way could I afford the more modern Kahles scopes.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Oldelkhunter - Not to hijack my own thread, but . . . I've been lusting after a Kimber Montana in 270WSM. How are you liking yours?

I will have owned it for 2 weeks this saturday. It appears to be very well made, if it was shot before it was sparingly. I have to scope it and take it to the range to see what I purchased.

Please keep us updated on how she shoots. When they shoot good, it is hard to beat a Kimber Montana.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by jwp475

Not a 4X16, rather a 3X15 the price is under 800 and you won’t find a better scope fir 2000

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes

jwp,

That’s a strong statement, and I suppose we’d need to define “better”. I’m neither anti-Tract, nor a Tract fanboy, so I approach the brand more inquisitively than anything. In my opinion “better” means mechanical function and reliability first and foremost, with optical performance rating somewhere in the Top 5 of important attributes. I think it has been established here on 24HCF that the Toric has superb glass for the price. What remains a question mark in my mind is the mechanical function, robustness, and durability of the scope. Buying one and testing it thoroughly would help, but still would only speak to (1) sample of one model of Toric. I’m not even sure if they ship to Canada grin I know of a couple guys on here that have a sizeable round count, hard use, and a lot of dialing on their Toric, but again, the sample size of those reports remains too small to make any generalized determination about the scope lineup.

How much dialing, carrying time/rough use, and what approximate round count do you have on your scope? What rifle is it mounted on? Thanks for the additional info.

Everything that I’ve experienced with my 3X15X50 Toric has been positive. I bought mine in 2018 mounted it and zeroed it in. Adjustments were precise and accurate and the glass is abosolutely outstanding. I have seen nothing to negative about the scope. No I don’t have an endurance test to prove it but I’d not hesitate to buy another one. It worked perfectly for me this hunting season.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shinbone,

Thanks for posting a picture of the Zeiss V4 mounted on your rifle, you probably saved me money since I planned on using that same scope on a M70 300 Win mag and I don't like having a scope bell that far up from the barrel. I have a Kimber montana 270WSM and I guess I put a NF SHV 3-10x42 on it .

The V4 doesn’t have to be mounted that high!

[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

[Linked Image]

That's true and a good point, but . . . I am a big guy with a long neck. I mount the scope farther forward than what is shown in this photo to keep it out of my eyebrow, necessitating the higher mount so the ocular will clear the scope base.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

[Linked Image]

That's true and a good point, but . . . I am a big guy with a long neck. I mount the scope farther forward than what is shown in this photo to keep it out of my eyebrow, necessitating the higher mount so the ocular will clear the scope base.

oh ok, that explains it .

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Shinbone,

[Linked Image]

Thanks for that pic, what height talleys?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lows on a 84M

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nightforce SHV c584 . That’s too easy....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NightForce SHV 4-14x56 ForcePlex reticle LNIB for $835 shipped in the classifieds. I couldn’t resist. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oldelkhunter - That big of a gap between the objective and the barrel does look a little ridiculous.

Also, not to hijack my own thread, but . . . I've been lusting after a Kimber Montana in 270WSM. How are you liking yours?

Just a little? How about way ridiculous. There's absolutely no need to mount that scope that damn high. I don't care who you are, unless you like a chin weld on the stock or shooting from the hip. I'd pull that one piece picatinny off and throw a set of Talley lightweights on that EW. Do that rifle some justice man. The lows would work so much better and save you some weight in the process too.. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What’s a chin weld? Is that a shot at people who have chinitus?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Double chin or turkey neck will get you there...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lows on a 84M

Thank You . Perfect fit better then I expected with that scope and rifle combo.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.