-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and you can't plink grouse on a furbearer license.....

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Happy New Year to you as well H22.. Guess I got my first taste of someone being a reall A@#hole to me on the fire.. Thanks for breaking me in.. But if I'm hunting elk or mule deer with a hunting rifle, I"m not really going to be able to "plink" a grouse... since I don't carry a 270 (had to get that part in to humor some others on here)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did it taste good?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was born and raised in CO. The Kalifornicators and their leftist pals in the Front Range have completely ruined the state.

I turned my back on CO after seeing the poor hunt quality and watching the fee structure being abused year after year. These idiots on the Commission contracted with a Dallas firm to run the online non- resident license sales. For several years running now, the servers have crash on opening day of the application date and screwed several thousand folks out of the chance to get a license. Complaints with the wildlife folks fall on deaf ears, and you have zero recourse. On top of those insults, you are given the pleasant opportunity of paying $500 for a bull tag.

Piss on CO and their precious hunting licenses. I now hunt in a state with far better success ratios, fewer people, cheaper tags, and better hunting weather.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm also a basketball referee, so I'm used to people being rude and obnoxious for no reason... As far as reading regulations, I guess I'm just used to PA where small game and fur license ARE 2 different tags.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they are 2 different tags here, too. Hence my rude-azzed comment. But everybody has to chime in, whether they know what they're talking about, or not. Sally forth...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I guess that does it for me. I have 20 PP but I won't pay the new fees this year. At 70, I probably shouldn't go anyway.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Small game license can't be returned. Big game license must be returned at least 30 days before season and it will cost you 50% of the license or a max of $25

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by model70man
I guess that does it for me. I have 20 PP but I won't pay the new fees this year. At 70, I probably shouldn't go anyway.

It'd be a shame to waste 20 points, hate to see that. You could draw a tag that wouldn't be too hard physically to get on some bulls.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bowing out over a $100......

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It's not a hundred bucks , it's the five hundred plus to draw a decent mule deer. More when they decide to raise it again.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Just be up front and call it what it is...it’s an application fee. It’s dumb to make me buy a “small game licence” that I can’t or won’t use to make me feel like I’m getting something vs just paying a fee.😡

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think a couple people have pointed out that the more licenses they sell, the more Pittman-Robertson funds they get. Those funds come from a federal excise tax and they're divided up among the states according to a formula that includes number of licenses sold. It may be an "applicarion fee" but there's no way they're gonna ask for it in that form or call it that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
I was born and raised in CO. The Kalifornicators and their leftist pals in the Front Range have completely ruined the state.

I turned my back on CO after seeing the poor hunt quality and watching the fee structure being abused year after year. These idiots on the Commission contracted with a Dallas firm to run the online non- resident license sales. For several years running now, the servers have crash on opening day of the application date and screwed several thousand folks out of the chance to get a license. Complaints with the wildlife folks fall on deaf ears, and you have zero recourse. On top of those insults, you are given the pleasant opportunity of paying $500 for a bull tag.

Piss on CO and their precious hunting licenses. I now hunt in a state with far better success ratios, fewer people, cheaper tags, and better hunting weather.

You moved from a "Leftist" state to a MORE Leftist state...mmm...mmm...mmm.

They registering your bullets there, yet?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

Population of Washington is 7.2 million. Averaging 102 people per square mile. Colorado is 5.6 million. Averaging 52 per square mile. What is better hunting weather like? Just curious what that means.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where is Rodney King when you need him?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
New Mexico has followed suit. No refunds anymore for the game-license if unsuccessful. That's $65 for a non-resident. Without points I wonder if it will put a dent in the draw numbers or just force more people to compete for landowner license/access.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a CO resident who will be buying a "qualifying license" anyway, so I don't think this change will affect the way I do business... BUT, I am seriously curious to know how it can be legal for a Government to require the purchase of a unwanted/unneeded license, in order to purchase another? Have any of the other states, with similar requirements, ever been legally challenged on this?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell they can double it for all I care, folks should hunt their own damn state.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Itll never happen, but I wish NR's would just give the CO DOW the finger and go somewhere else this year. I don't have a problem paying a y reasonable amount for any tag or preference point, but that's completely garbage. If they wanted to raise the application fee then raise the damn application fee, but don't make hunters buy something completely unrelated. It's clearly an attempt to get more money out of people in a used car salesman way.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,578 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.