Print Thread
Hop To
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Now every one has to have a BC Fish and Wildlife Identification Number ! all in one , so you go and get it and you think well thats That!!>> No way my comrade friend every 3 years you have to bend over walk in and redo it!?!~? if you do not do this your fishing or hunting licence is not legal!! Its a forum of control as I get it!! they want to keep track >>of YOU!!

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's right. Perhaps you should consider moving. South would be good. They want to know everything about you. Do you have your tin foil hat handy?

BC is slow. Other provinces have been doing this for years. You must be new.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
That's right. Perhaps you should consider moving. South would be good. They want to know everything about you. Do you have your tin foil hat handy?

BC is slow. Other provinces have been doing this for years. You must be new.

Same here in Alberta. Every 5 years you have to renew your WIN Card. Costs a whole 8 bucks!
Has been that way for years. Life goes on....

Love the Simpson's btw!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Except for dead beat dads. They have a problem getting a it.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, Ontario has had the "outdoors card" for ages. $9.00/3years & I always buy my 3 year fishing & 3 year small game licence at that time, so that they are on the back of my card.

Card expires, all licences are expired too !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We have had an ID number for hunting and fishing licences for about 6 years. No charge to the user. No need to renew.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The fact that other provinces have this cash cow in place, a tribute to government redundancy, is no reason BC residents should be happy to simply grin and take it in the shorts. We have had the BC hunter number for around forty years but the requirement for renewal, along with the attendant fee, is just a way to add to the bureacracy. One way or another, it is a cost to taxpayers in general and hunters and fishermen in particular. At the same time that hunters are being forced to pay more, the government is doing less and less to preserve habitat, support wildlife, and enrich hunting opportunity so this is just a cash grab. The fact that residents of other provinces are happy to pay their respective governments for the priviledge of being able to buy a licence has no bearing whatsoever on the willingness of BC residents to pay for increased licensing for no purpose. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
The fact that other provinces have this cash cow in place, a tribute to government redundancy, is no reason BC residents should be happy to simply grin and take it in the shorts. We have had the BC hunter number for around forty years but the requirement for renewal, along with the attendant fee, is just a way to add to the bureacracy. One way or another, it is a cost to taxpayers in general and hunters and fishermen in particular. At the same time that hunters are being forced to pay more, the government is doing less and less to preserve habitat, support wildlife, and enrich hunting opportunity so this is just a cash grab. The fact that residents of other provinces are happy to pay their respective governments for the priviledge of being able to buy a licence has no bearing whatsoever on the willingness of BC residents to pay for increased licensing for no purpose. GD

Would you expect any less from a NDP/Green Party coalition government? No surprise they eliminated your grizzly hunt, what is next on their agenda?

Last edited by AB2506; 01/20/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AB2506

Would you expect any less from a NDP/Green Party coalition government? No surprise they eliminated your grizzly hunt, what is next on their agenda?

It's already illegal to shoot white and brown bears, but I heard after speaking to black bear representatives, the Raincoast Conservation Foundation will now be pushing for protecting bears of all colours.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
While I do believe that the present government is a bunch of clowns, I'm not sure the previous government was all that great either. The truth is, every government is made up of a bunch of politicians whose purpose in life is to take money from the productive people and redistribute it amongst their supporters. The voters are invariably stupid enough to believe that party affiliation makes a difference. Every government increases spending but reduces funding to ministries which benefit the people most. GD

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by greydog
While I do believe that the present government is a bunch of clowns, I'm not sure the previous government was all that great either. The truth is, every government is made up of a bunch of politicians whose purpose in life is to take money from the productive people and redistribute it amongst their supporters. The voters are invariably stupid enough to believe that party affiliation makes a difference. Every government increases spending but reduces funding to ministries which benefit the people most. GD

+1 Never have I seen in my life, such a blatant vote getting gov in place. We see too many women in the Trudeau gov and minorities, that are in over their heads and most of the world can deduct this. They have no previous experience and their decision making skills are that of a 10 year child. Maybe I over rate them.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
How much is the deduction? Enough to cover the redundant fees? smile

Really, it's too bad we can't deduct some of these clowns. Permanently.

Don't worry, I'm sure US states will catch on soon and follow your lead. I think some have already.(CO, MT?)

Last edited by las; 01/22/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.