Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits Rick giving you back full post privileges is epic. Someone doesn’t do much more than keyboard stroke. Hint.

Poor retarded sugar tits the fire is all you got and most of it is repulsed. LMFAO.
Here’s to the day we meet. Cheers.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've been meaning to ask you what bear dick tastes like, stick.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

Pardon my perpetually horning you up,as you feverishly flaunt your Man Lust Fantasies! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
😂. Do nothing [bleep] with all the answers. Poor sugar tits

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I've been meaning to ask you what bear dick tastes like, stick.

That’s frickin’ hilarious.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals still dating? Congratulations?

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!.............

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The problem with LR shooting in some of the backcountry areas I hunt here in Idaho (selway bitteroot and frank church wildernesses) is that a 6-700 yard cross canyon shot means a day to get over to the animal and multiple days to pack out...big rough steep roadless wildnerness country...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
The problem with LR shooting in some of the backcountry areas I hunt here in Idaho (selway bitteroot and frank church wildernesses) is that a 6-700 yard cross canyon shot means a day to get over to the animal and multiple days to pack out...big rough steep roadless wildnerness country...

That is the truth! Thank god I love bow hunting.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

If you want the critter to come home with you, you'll have to hike over to it whether before the shot or after wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

If you want the critter to come home with you, you'll have to hike over to it whether before the shot or after wink

Jordan"s right.....I am not too sure what you're getting at here Hiaring.

If you're hunting those areas, you're either going to spend a day crossing that canyon to get your more acceptably ranged shot, or you're going to spend a day getting over to your downed critter.

Either way you'll spend multiple days packing it out.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

This is just a reminder that shot placement is more important than most anything else. And long range hunting prevents the hunter from shooting a large animal like an elk or a moose in the best spot.

Which is always "right next to the truck."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by smokepole

This is just a reminder that shot placement is more important than most anything else. And long range hunting prevents the hunter from shooting a large animal like an elk or a moose in the best spot.

Which is always "right next to the truck, and just a bit uphill."

There. Fixed.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Jordan"s right.....I am not too sure what you're getting at here Hiaring.

If you're hunting those areas, you're either going to spend a day crossing that canyon to get your more acceptably ranged shot, or you're going to spend a day getting over to your downed critter.

Either way you'll spend multiple days packing it out.

Been hunting that wildnerness for 20 plus years...so yes I understand what I’m getting into every time and yes had some 2-3 day elk packouts...more of just a casual observation. I’m becoming more of a fan of those LR flat desert hunts...🤔😎

Last edited by Hiaring8; 01/22/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Which is always "right next to the truck."

LR hunting can work in your favor when the truck is at your 12:00 and the critter is somewhere between 09:00-03:00, and 700 yards closer to the truck than you are grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe so, but that's still not "right next to the truck,,,"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Which is always "right in the box of the truck."

Well if we’re going to get technical, then I’d have to make a change to your original statement. Fixed it for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've not seen more than (5) Bull Elk in the back of one crummy at a time...though the crummy was nowhere near proximity of the victims,nor could it get closer.

Haywire and Yankee Ingenuity,is plum handy..................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, unless you are of extreme luck, it isn't often your truck and the elk you hope to harvest are going to be in close proximity but wishing is always fun, right? I guess that is what they make packs, game carts, horses, chainsaw winches, and extra buddies for? wink

I have to admit the last few years, especially since my brother and I have both had heart problems, I have passed up on a couple elk I could have gotten to and easily taken but for the pack out up and down the canyon between us would probably have done us both in. So we sat and watched them feed for a couple hours content in the knowledge we could have gotten them if we wanted to, but let them grow up a little. Either way, you need to be prepared to not only shoot long range if necessary but to pack long range also. When the truck is a couple miles or more away that seems to be the tougher decision in my case any more.... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (11point, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.