Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Old friend is in Hospice for cancer, his son called and I got many guns. SRH, Dan Wesson 1911, Colt series 80, Colt pocket pistol .380, browning .380, AMT Automag in 9mm WW magnum, BH in .41 mag. Old Mark I Ruger. Some rust that I cleaned up and many rifles and shotguns from great to sad. Been working weeks on guns but some were nice, Rem 700 in 270 like new and an 1100 in good shape. Dies and brass but dies are rusted so I am cleaning them. Much powders too.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Am glad the guns went to someone (a friend) who appreciates and will care for them properly.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Boxes of dies too but none belonged in the proper boxes, bent pins and expander rods. I am soaking them in Evaporust, great stuff. Then a wire wheel and they look like new but don't know if I will come up with a full set of anything and will have to buy parts. I have many loaded rounds to pull down as I don't trust them.
His roof leaked and the ceiling fell in with all the soaked paper insulation. God only knows what is under the pile but I did see a MEC half buried. He was strange and if he even touched metal, it would rust.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every year I notice that I've gotten another year older and I too wonder what will become of a lifetime accumulation of my firearms. There are better pieces showing up at the gun shows and on the Internet with a lot of us older guys succumbing to some milady. The sad fact is that my kid would rather have an X-Box console than a Pigeon grade 101 Winchester or a Cooper, Colt or S&W something.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
True, the stupid machines have taken over the kids today. Yet the games are all shooting and it makes a kid think he is a great shot until you hand them a real gun. We played outside as kids and loved cap guns, home made swords of wood and even made armor out of metal to play knights or the 3 Musketeers. I carved a 1911 out of wood that looked real but you would not hand a kid today a knife or chisel. Today many adults can't get off the games and actually spend money on them.
I taught my girls to shoot when they could walk and could leave my guns anywhere without a worry. They both became Marines and Kim shot the highest score ever recorded. Yes, she plays games but she loves guns too. But she can build furniture, plumb and roof and repair anything broken. She replaces windows and doors. She still can run 100 clays with a 12 gauge.
I do not have a cell phone and hate when in the store all the people are talking on one and use a snap card to pay for food. How do they afford a phone?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would rather have you watching my back than an urban battalion of the kids today.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 14 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.