Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Given the recent history (at least for me as I stumble through the seventh decade of existence) of Winchester producing rifles for its never quite made it cartridges, such as the .348 Win; .225 Win; .264 Win Mag; .284 Win; .375 Win; the .307 Win and .356 Win; among others, how long will it be before these rifles are faced with no ammo? First comes seasonally produced ammo and brass, then they are discontinued, leaving the handloader to cobble cases together if the parent case is still available, or some specialty manufacturer picks it up? Starline recently began producing .357 Maximum brass, so I picked up a lifetime supply. They also produce .348 Winchester brass, but a box of 250 costs more than my first two used cars; good thing I went on a binge when Winchester produced a rare lot. Now that new Legend case is based on the .223 Remington, so in a lever action one can not shoot the shorter .357 Maximum or .357 Magnum. I think I'll pass, besides there's no more room in my safes,

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheartr,

More than a few folks build complete AR's and barrels are easily swapped. Receivers are $40. Hint.

You from Michigan too? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sticky has a one short track mind on this. If it doesn't apply to a brassenpuker, he just can't fathom it.

Cause an AR just makes you appear to be something.

Or for some, it takes 30 rounds to do what can be done with 1 or 2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by KenMi
Show an AR picture with that barrel stamp then, smartass.

Same as blah blah blah don't mean jack

Bless your heart for TRYING soooooooo hard...while being forced to use you as a "barometer". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You go girl and be SURE to unleash even more of your fhuqking STUPIDITY.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Poor poor(literally) KenBitchigan...perpetually mired in her STUPIDITY,while being forced to suffer her "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Krunchentickers will save it.

Hint................

Just saying.

Re-hint.

LAUGHING!.............

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Personally -

- It would have been good for them to make a small shoulder on it like the 458 SOCOM has - IMHO you get better headspace with that vs. a straight wall like the 450.

I did stop by the winchester booth during SHOT - it would have been nice if you could have held one of them.. they were under glass so to speak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Personally -

- It would have been good for them to make a small shoulder on it like the 458 SOCOM has - IMHO you get better headspace with that vs. a straight wall like the 450.

I did stop by the winchester booth during SHOT - it would have been nice if you could have held one of them.. they were under glass so to speak.

Staying 223 Parent was/is THE key.

Hint...............

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’m going to get an AR with a pencil barrel and a carry handle on it, keep it in my truck, and shoot the schit out of stuff out to two hundred yards.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/25/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the 2 MOA dot and hold the fluff.

Hint..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m going to get an AR with a pencil barrel and a carry handle on it, keep it in my truck, and shoot the schit out of stuff out to two hundred yards.

Hint...................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Hint...................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No can do for me...astigmatism. It has to be sights or low power scope. Dots all look like clusters of stars.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Illuminatti then.

Hint..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like Randy's in Bad Axe MI will be getting the 1st 1500 Ruger American Rifles for the 350 Legend. Also sounds like Hornady will have ammo out soon

Should be a homerun for us here in Michigan and Ohio.

I'm gonna have a Blaser R93 barrel built by elmer as soon as I can find a Mini bolt head.

Last edited by cooperfan; 02/09/19.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I talked to Jes and he's just waiting on a reamer (90 days) to start doing rebores. I already bought a Howa Mini 223 to have re-bored.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 350 Legend is just what we need - a cartridge essentially designed by a committee of legislators.

At the moment I'm sitting in Iowa visiting my new granddaughter, another place where such nonsense is required.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Sounds like Randy's in Bad Axe MI will be getting the 1st 1500 Ruger American Rifles for the 350 Legend. Also sounds like Hornady will have ammo out soon

Should be a homerun for us here in Michigan and Ohio.

I'm gonna have a Blaser R93 barrel built by elmer as soon as I can find a Mini bolt head.

Any idea on the timeline for the RAR?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like April

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thank you, Sir.

I’m a patient person.......... smile

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That RAR or a howa mini would be perfect!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im with Big Stick on this one: it will be a superb AR round for both < 200 yd hunting for game and the best current approximation of Col. Cooper's Thumper Concept for self-defense and urban combat.

He was big on this again early in GWOT after reports of lackluster performance of 62-gr. 5.56 ball on larger Afghani combatants.

It will be interesting to see the ballistics out of SBR barrels; I know I'm going to put a LW 16-incher together soon as possible and a pistol soon thereafter.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,545
Posts18,453,457
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.