-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well crap... hunting buddy bailed on me and my wife says we have something that needs taken care of this weekend since we had guests all week long so I guess my trip has been postponed indefinitely. Maybe make it up to that neighborhood in March sometime- possibly in time for some sage rats to come out of hiding? Maybe another gathering could be planned?

Hope you guys are seeing some action and killing some deer and antelope predators....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wish I wasn't so busy right now.. and also having my 4 Runner down due to a throw out bearing needing replaced......

if any of you guys are up for Sage rats over there.. I sure would be up for that get together.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just say the word and I'll be there.... anybody have any favorite places? Went last year after a long absence and most of my places weren't available any more....

Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good job on the track pic. Sounds like a wall tent and stove might be of service as opposed to a campfire. Have some Hunter Ed class commitments, or I'd show up. Just a couple hour run for us.

Bucks still packing antlers.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/16/19.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
Good job on the track pic. Sounds like a wall tent and stove might be of service as opposed to a campfire. Have some Hunter Ed class commitments, or I'd show up. Just a couple hour run for us.

I won't go back w/o a tent with a stove. Slept in the truck a few nights which sounded good on paper but.....

LOL
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,, how about this one, that just came out of the Steens, right close to the Alvord side.
LJ cool

Attached Images
STEENS Mtn. Lion Hunt.jpg (86.77 KB, 39 downloads)

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That looks like a good one. I'm shocked there isn't snow down there about now. Even French Glen should have white on the ground by now....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That looks like a good one. I'm shocked there isn't snow down there about now. Even French Glen should have white on the ground by now....
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 1minute

I won't go back w/o a tent with a stove. Slept in the truck a few nights which sounded good on paper but.....

I had planned on staying in the truck a couple nights also when my hunting buddy bailed on me, but anymore a night or two of that nonsense and I'm looking for the nearest hotel. I'll take the tent/stove/ cot next trip.... Should have enough room for about 3 guys ....

Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On occasion I've bedded down beneath the pickup canopy. Always seems about 30 degrees colder in there.

A pretty light winter so far. We have snow in Burns, but not much. Some recent rains settled into the high country snow, so we're about average for precip at the moment.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/17/19.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I pulled camp this afternoon. A big male was working the area south of Flat Top. To deep in the road closure area for me alone to get it out. Once he moved in, I only found tracks headed out of the area of the other 4 cats we had been tracking. Bunch of shed hunters were out today with the nice weather. We will be back at it in February 2020.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.