Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
26 minutes!
Thanks for the Cliff Notes version, guys. I'm not watching that.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The only critters that ever worry me are those that drop at the shot. Zero excuse to not been ready to throw another shot into the deer, and taking that shot.

He's an idiot in my book.

There is a top statement you rarely hear. So many are happy that they fall at the shot... not here. If they fall unless shooting at head, I'm assuming I missed my target and I'm ready to hit em again.

Even when shooting the head, I rechamber and stay on them until the hair goes back down...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
stupid to take the shot when he did. Anyone worth a flip could tell that deer knew the gig was up and was moving on out. Just plain ignorant shooter IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
he learned from his mistakes made on this deer ,we all do. and he was man enough to haul it out to the truck. good job ! no body is perfect in a hunting situation

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Flat bill hat is a dead giveaway. Dumbass.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Kill enough critters anyone will fuuck up.... the problem is he was huntin for the camera, running his yap when he shoulda been on the scope... I shoot til the stop wiggling...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Flat brimmer....check....

Can't shoot for chit.....check....

Trying to be a movie star for his Instagram subscribers....check...

Trying to make a film out of a 140" dink and calling him Lazarus....priceless....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495
stupid to take the shot when he did. Anyone worth a flip could tell that deer knew the gig was up and was moving on out. Just plain ignorant shooter IMHO.

Edited to add, I watched it again. Deer was slightly moving forward at shot. All shooter had to do was wait and he'd stop again. Boom.

As an aside, I've seen this scenario a few times now with shots below the spine and in the meat. I was lectured on here a while back that there is no location below the spine that isn't fatal. Those folks care to explain this video then that obviously didn't take his spine out?

Last edited by GregW; 01/20/19.

- Greg

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW

Trying to make a film out of a 140" dink and calling him Lazarus....priceless....

Exactly.... social media/ www is breeding this shiit..... dumb

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lazarus...LMAO 😂

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Edited to add, I watched it again. Deer was slightly moving forward at shot. All shooter had to do was wait and he'd stop again. Boom.

As an aside, I've seen this scenario a few times now with shots below the spine and in the meat. I was lectured on here a while back that there is no location below the spine that isn't fatal. Those folks care to explain this video then that obviously didn't take his spine out?

A pard years ago busted a rag horn that ate 3 solid hits from a 300 Rum before it stayed in the dirt. I opened it up and found a broadhead and 5” inches of an aluminum shaft encased in scar tissue about 3” inches under the spine. I would say a bullet tearing through the same area could produce a walk away animal. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Poor ethics as far as I'm concerned. Was not taught right or something. You have to stay on them with that scope and be certain they are not going to get up. I don't give a chit if you are on that animal for minutes and wait for the last twitch of the nerves, you got to stay on them and be sure. I'm not faulting him for shooting at 650, but he owes the animal some respect and make sure it is down for the count, not celebrate and dance around like a fu cking idiot. Modern day fu cking twit with his can and longrange bullets, and fancy turrets, wanting to impress his friends on instagram and twitter, doesn't make him a hunter....just a shooter that has no moral concept of making that shot count and following up with a second, if need be... How many of you here left a comment on his youtube channel? I let him know he's not much of a hunter.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do cameras make a-hole hunters?
Or is it a character flaw,
that makes one think others really care what one does?

When the red light goes on,
these asshats have to put on a show.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I like the Path Films NZ stuff.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Looked to me like the first shot clipped the top of the back, not below the spine? I guess we'll never know for sure since he ignored the whole question of where the first shot hit, what the woulnd looked like, and why it didn't put the animal down for good. If it was up to him his "audience" would be left thinking it may have been a "bullet failure."

If he hadn't recovered the animal I'm sure the story would've been "the Hornady eld-x is no good, I hit a muley buck broadside, smoked him, knocked him down, and it got up and ran off. The bullet splattered on the shoulder."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smokepole

Looked to me like the first shot clipped the top of the back, not below the spine? I guess we'll never know for sure since he ignored the whole question of where the first shot hit, what the woulnd looked like, and why it didn't put the animal down for good. If it was up to him his "audience" would be left thinking it may have been a "bullet failure."

If he hadn't recovered the animal I'm sure the story would've been "the Hornady eld-x is no good, I hit a muley buck broadside, smoked him, knocked him down, and it got up and ran off. The bullet splattered on the shoulder."

Absolutely Smoke but if that impact was above the spine firmly in the meat (doesn't appear to just nick, blood and lots of hair, hearty impact sound, etc.) I'd have to think that deer couldn't get up like he did. But crap happens as does my speculation...grin...

- Greg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep on speculation, mine is that the bullet caught enough meat to shock the CNS and temporarily stun the buck but when he pogo-ed outta there he looked like he wasn't gonna stop for a while. The wound from the first shot was what I was most curious about but specualtion is all we've got since this guy apparently wasn't at all curious about it. IMO, if you make that video and send it out for public consumption you've got to spend a little more time on "what happened?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Ethical? I will say the hunter who shot lacks experience. You always stay on the gun until you are certain as best as you possibly can determine your animal is down and not getting back up. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson. 😎

Agreed. My father taught me that, if the animal is still moving, you're still shooting.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boy, did he ever get lucky on that one. If that deer hadn't decided on it's own to stop, it would be alive today.

And then he ass shoots it!

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It seemed to be an ethical shot to me, other than he took forever to pull the trigger, and the buck was already nervous and starting to move, and he ended up hit well outside of the "bread basket". A couple inches lower, and that buck wasn't moving, though. Shooter error? Dope error? Can't say. There are larger issues here, obviously.

Which one said, "Smoked him", the shooter, or the spotter? Idiot. That shot clipped the top of the spine, obviously. And it was truly a rookie mistake to get up and off the gun. These guys shouldn't be taking 650 yd shots if they don't know how to do it, meaning that you don't get off the rifle or the animal for several minutes after the animal is "down". Just like a close-up shot, where you keep the animal in sight as you approach it to make sure it shows no signs of life, and you are ready for a follow-up at any time.

How frustrating, when that buck gets back up and just stands there. The shooter and the spotter should have been ready to put another shot into the deer, and perhaps be ready with an on-the-fly adjustment to POA. These guys dropped the ball, all the way around. They were more concerned about "getting the footage" than getting the animal in an ethical fashion. Turn off the fuucking camera and pay attention, schittheads!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 38 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.