Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd
Read this over at Rokslide, nauseating reading from the liberal sh*tbags there defending this deal.

We're our own worst enemy.

Right there with you Frank, I’m amazed how blind those supposed hard core hunters are over there. I’ve always been suspect of groups like BHA and have expressed it on threads here several times. All these entities are like wolves in sheep’s clothing. Don’t understand how guys don’t see it.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Good info and deserves further research. This is a group that is also supported by Randy Newberg and other public land advocates. I hate getting duped.

mike r

I know Randy Newberg is or was a member on here and I have posted on his forum before but I believe he has advocated for the reintroduction of the buffalo to areas that would seriously fugk up ranching and push ranchers off public land.

The big mistake with hunters is they see public land as their's to hunt. They don't realize that strong arming ranchers and other demographics off public land is only step one.

If I'm wrong about Newberg feel free to unload. Gently...

As long as bison are livestock this won't happen. Given make the make up of the Montana Legislature (as it is and always will be) and the strength of Montana Stock growers and Dept of Livestock, changing the classification of bison from livestock to wildlife won't ever happen.

^^^If I had this dick head in my corner, I’d reconsider my corner. ^^^^

Hahahaha.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Good info and deserves further research. This is a group that is also supported by Randy Newberg and other public land advocates. I hate getting duped.

mike r

I know Randy Newberg is or was a member on here and I have posted on his forum before but I believe he has advocated for the reintroduction of the buffalo to areas that would seriously fugk up ranching and push ranchers off public land.

The big mistake with hunters is they see public land as their's to hunt. They don't realize that strong arming ranchers and other demographics off public land is only step one.

If I'm wrong about Newberg feel free to unload. Gently...

As long as bison are livestock this won't happen. Given make the make up of the Montana Legislature (as it is and always will be) and the strength of Montana Stock growers and Dept of Livestock, changing the classification of bison from livestock to wildlife won't ever happen.

^^^If I had this dick head in my corner, I’d reconsider my corner. ^^^^

Lets not let facts get in the way of paranoia.

http://fwp.mt.gov/fwpDoc.html?id=51520

Numnuts, at least read the document you post:

"The two main classifications given to bison within the state are "domestic live stock" or "game animal", which is also considered wildlife." MT code legal classification of bison.

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/18/19.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I sometimes have good instincts. Usually I need my face rubbed in it, tho.

I don't remember now if it was a TV episode, or print, but one exposure to BHA convinced me they are an elitist ashhole group - at least on the top end. They struck me as "my way, or the highway".

Bye!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

Right there with you Frank, I’m amazed how blind those supposed hard core hunters are over there. I’ve always been suspect of groups like BHA and have expressed it on threads here several times. All these entities are like wolves in sheep’s clothing. Don’t understand how guys don’t see it.

I'm convinced that mentally they're damaged goods. Most of them are from California or the East Coast and have been indoctrinated from day one.
They can't identify with true Conservatism or common sense values, they simply don't know what those things are.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hudge is on to something, in a way.

A lot of this controversy did start WAY back, as in the Sagebrush Rebellion and Wise Use Movements. Both of which promote/d privatization of Federal/State public lands.

A pretty good case can be made that Montana Democratic Senator Jon Tester owes his narrow reelection win to BHA activism and the red herring public land selloff issue.

In my mind, it's not a "red herring" at all. Many of us recreational users are concerned about repeated calls for privatization of public lands by "conservative" candidates and already elected officials. Most of the ones I know, in this CA ranching community and in other places I've lived (AZ and WA for instance), have no problem with some lands being used for cattle/sheep grazing, as long as it doesn't impact our ability to access "our" public lands. And yes, they are "ours". Yours too, Texans wink.

Living where I do, I was amazed to find out it takes years, if ever, to draw an elk tag near my home and I live smack dab in the middle of millions and millions of acres of prime elk habitat. Where I lived in the White Mountains of AZ there were thousands more elk in a very similar habitat (juniper grasslands surrounded by Ponderosa/fir forests). Not here, as the elk were killed off years ago and the ranchers now prefer the few here stay up in the mountains. Some of you have likely seen pics of posted of my "backyard", the BLM land right out back. It looks as similar as any I've seen to Unit 10 in AZ and many of us know what kind of elk numbers and quality that Unit has. I've heard the elk were slowly expanding their range, but not fast enough I'll see much benefit in my lifetime and therefor will likely never get a chance to hunt elk where I live. (There's this other issue with wild (non-native) horses, but that's for another thread someday)

Many on here profess to be big supporters of the North American system of game management. I'm one of them. That system will disappear rapidly with any privatization of public lands. Game will revert to the ownership of the property holder, not the public as it is now. Either directly, or by limiting access as has happened already in many areas of the west (Our MT, WY and other members already know about that due to rich folks buying up the large ranches they used to hunt on). That is what got organizations like BHA and some others started.

Am I happy with the way things seem to be going with BHA and Rinella's company? Not particularly. As a matter of fact not at all. Was the takeover of Meateater a hostile one? Did Rinella have and say-so? Was it publicly traded stock the new guy just purchased on the Market? Whatever it turns out to be, it would be nice for Rinella to disavow himself of the whole deal and tell his supporters he disagrees with the way things might go.

It's unfortunate, but the "antis" have worked for many years to get between different "factions" of hunters, fishers, ranchers/grazers, miners,hikers, horsemen, cyclists,rock climbers etc. The real deal, as I see it , would be to unify those diverse interest in order to keep public land PUBLIC. But as in so many aspects of life, there is the 'I want my share first" attitude that works in the interest of those who want to destroy our heritage. Either for private use, no use, or just the uses a particular group may espouse.

Sad that Meateater has been taken over.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t give a chit how cool looking your website is, how many pictures of hunters are on there and what the mission statement is. When you go into business with or receive substantial monetary investments from liberals or liberal groups that are the enemy (there’s no other name for what they represent) you have let the fox into the hen house. There’s no statements on Twitter, Facebook or whatever social media platform in response to the above actions that changes that, unless of course you are a dumbass!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SBTCO

"The two main classifications given to bison within the state are "domestic live stock" or "game animal", which is also considered wildlife." MT code legal classification of bison.

Reading and understanding are hard for some, keep trying.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by broomd
Read this over at Rokslide, nauseating reading from the liberal sh*tbags there defending this deal.

We're our own worst enemy.

Then there’s the lunacy about lead poisoning through eating game taken with lead projectiles... Check out Wikipedia’s entry for lead poisoning and scroll down to bullets. The first two paragraphs approach complete nonsense, citing research and opinion papers toward wholly spurious implications.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by kingston
Then there’s the APR.

Look at the difference between these two pages. Then try and find a link to the second off of the first.

https://www.americanprairie.org

Vs.

https://www.americanprairie.org/hunting

About 30 seconds, under things to do.

But only because I was looking for it actively.

I get what your saying though.

I still can’t find it w/o google.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Reading and understanding are hard for some, keep trying.

Here's your quote: "As long as bison are livestock this won't happen. Given make the make up of the Montana Legislature (as it is and always will be) and the strength of Montana Stock growers and Dept of Livestock, changing the classification of bison from livestock to wildlife won't ever happen."

The MT.FWP document. file:///C:/Users/Rovar/Downloads/Pages%20109-112%20Legal%20Classifications%20of%20Bison.docx%20(1).pdf

And the quote from the first paragraph from the document: ""The two main classifications given to bison within the state are "domestic live stock" or "game animal", which is also considered wildlife."

You're right it doesn't say what it says. Kinda like defining what the word "is" is.

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/18/19.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Keep reading, you need to get past the first line.

Hint: where the bison is standing

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What percentage of hunters are truly pro gun?

Is it even 10%?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The resident Tester ball keeper sure thinks they're great.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
What percentage of hunters are truly pro gun?

Is it even 10%?

Doubt it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Tester owes his squeaker of a win to Land Tawney/BHA and Ben OBrian.

Randy Newberg also gave Tester a very friendly platform with zero hard questions.

The fake public lands issue was played brilliantly by the Democrat operatives in Montana to nudge enough sportsmen over to Tester.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/19/19.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where's Jackson handy?

I liked that guy!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pragmatism is hard for many to grasp around here, but here is Steves response.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/f...rr5w0waR_gA9iOtyzsUewrybsrQdwjdyY0G0-uEo

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pragmatism is hard for many to grasp around here, but here is Steves response.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/f...rr5w0waR_gA9iOtyzsUewrybsrQdwjdyY0G0-uEo

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Tester owes his squeaker of a win to Land Tawney/BHA and Ben OBrian.

Randy Newberg also gave Tester a very friendly platform with zero hard questions.

The fake public lands issue was played brilliantly by the Democrat operatives in Montana to nudge enough sportsmen over to Tester.

This. If Occasionally Cortez came out in support of public lands, she get the votes of many hunters.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.