-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The whole issue is so far out of my wheelhouse that I give little to no thought to the "cause." It means nothing to my day to day life. Then I read this piece... note the highlighted quote...

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/D...-Anchorage-Assembly-floor-504416701.html

'Drag Queen Story Hour' debated on the Anchorage Assembly floor

LGBTQ Community members address the Anchorage Assembly at the first regular assembly meeting of 2019.
By Derek Minemyer | Posted: Wed 10:29 AM, Jan 16, 2019 | Updated: Wed 4:43 PM, Jan 16, 2019

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - A program featuring drag queens reading stories to children in public places like Loussac Library had parents and LGBTQ Community members testifying at the Anchorage Assembly meeting Tuesday.

Some parents are concerned about their children being exposed to gender ideology, while members of the LGBTQ Community argue they are entitled to interact with children during “Drag Queen Story Hour,” which is endorsed by the American Library Association in an effort to create more inclusive societies.

Anchorage resident Stacey Lange quoted a conservative advocacy group, saying, “In 2017, the American College of Pediatricians stated that gender ideology harms children.” Lange said.

Brooks Banker said members of the LGBTQ Community are entitled to the same rights as anybody else. "There were also words mentioned by my previous speaker in reference to ideology and sexuality,” Banker said in response to Lange’s statement.

“I for one, as a queer-identified person, as a member of the community, am tired of people sexualizing the lives of LGBTQ people. We are entitled to have normalization and be in spaces with young people," Banker said.

Banker said the objections of Lange wouldn't matter, as reading volunteers do not discuss sexuality during the story hour, rather they promote freedom of expression in a non-judgmental environment.

Assemblyman Christopher Constant confirmed the Drag Queen Story Hour will continue to be held at Loussac.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Two thoughts about the quoted line... They obviously feel they are not being given access... and they want access.

My wheelhouse may have shrunk...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are NOT entitled to interact with children.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Agenda

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When our country was young and less civilized, it was much more civilized...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More social engineering, makes me sick.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
They are NOT entitled to interact with children.

"Entitled" bothers me more every time I hear it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If they were comfy in their own wheelhouse, they would not have to be activist for a guaranteed nonexistent entitlement/right to expose their perversion to impressionable children.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
If they were comfy in their own wheelhouse, they would not have to be activist for a guaranteed nonexistent entitlement/right to expose their perversion to impressionable children.

Absolutely!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Right after kkk story time I suppose.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
By the way the latest acronym is lgbtqp.....p for pedofile. Let that sink in.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If parents are for it, they'll let their children attend. Wise parents will know better, or should. Sadly, most parents aren't very wise anymore and don't want to be considered "intolerant", so they will take their kids to events like this to get warped.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This stuff is well past tolerance.

Left acceptance behind as well.

This crew is into celebrate the perversion.

I don’t care what they do at home. Just don’t push it at me.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Too late. They is already pushin it...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Too late. They is already pushin it...

"Pushin"? They're in-your-face smashing it. They'll force it and you're supposed to like it.

Last edited by sayak; 01/20/19.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We live in the same burg. We must not be acquainted? You would soon know how well that “liking it” crap would work on me...😀

...but you are not wrong...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had more civilization in 1800s.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, the gender confused, mentally warped men (that think they are women), should definitely help form the minds of the young children of this Nation. IE: OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS...

....NO F-ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was bad, when I saw a video (I'm sure you can find it on YouTube) a few years ago of young moms (in Brooklyn NY.... den of LIEberal acceptance) sitting on the floor of a public library, as some 30-50yo tranny read LBGTXYZ....KMA stories to their young children. Their mothers had "cultish" smiles. I think they should be charged with child abuse. I thought it was a one off, but they have an agenda AND a plan. It needs to END!

Bring back the guillotine!!!!!!! -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.