24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your STUPIDITY is simply fhuqking mind numbing. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Reality,reliably colliding with your FANTASY.

Hint.

Bless your heart...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 603Country
Snowboardguy, that scope will work just fine, and you can use an app Called iSnipe to input your Ballistic info and apply it to that scope. It’ll tell you, at various magnifications, what distance each LRV dot is ‘on’. Of course you can always spend a lot more money for a much better scope, if you want to.

I had a scope like that for a time. It did go back to the doctor once. It’s now on my brother’s 6.5 CM.

Originally Posted by fourbore
Originally Posted by snowboardguy
Originally Posted by fourbore
Oh My god! I could not disagree more. And pseudo profanity no less for Leupold! The 6-18 AO Leupold has got the be the best all around rim fire scope ever produced. Not limited to rim fire, but; for this forum rim fire. You have to spend a lot more to gain anything. Yes my choice 2-7x32 or 3-9x33 for hunting and a 40x for dedicated bench work - but; for all around best compromise and hi quality this 6-18AO is tops. The reticle is a 2nd level decision. I would be fine to simply ignore the hash marks. I never purchase a new rimfire scope with anything other than a fine duplex or maybe fineCH+dot.

What the heck is a hummer or a MQ. Mumbo jumbo, babble talk. Hint? Hint what? I am incoherent, so: I leave hints.

As for hash marks, they look too coarse and this is not a first focal plane scope, so; the moa per hash will vary with magnification. Beyond that, the OP already own the scope. Mount it and try it! Zero at 100 and observe POI out beyond.

Thanks for actually addressing the original question.

Your Welcome. This forum needs some moderator intervention, or not, if folks are happy - fine by me,

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Snowboardguy: A quick check of my on-line Rifle inventory shows I currently have 6 (six) Rifles that are using the wonderful Leupold 6x18 variable scopes. Some of those Rifles are rimfire and some centerfire.
I have yet to have a failure, of ANY kind, with any of my Leupold 6x18 variable power scopes!
That includes any problem with their holding/maintaining point of impact!
All of my Leupold 6x18 variable power scopes have the wonderful and useful "fine Du-Plex" reticles.
I wish I could be more helpful with your interest in the "dot/hash mark system in your spare 6x18 Leupold - just can't directly comment there.
I have been extremely happy with my Leupold 6x18's on my Big Game and Varmint Rifles!
I am certain you will be happy with the 6x18 Leupold you hopefully will have on your 17 HMR - I know I am.
All it will take is a trip to the range and taking notes on where your bullet strikes the targets using the intersection of the crosshairs then where the bullets strike when sighting with the two lower hash marks.
Then test those hashmarks at further distances noting at what range the bullet impacts correspond with point of aim.
I sight my 17 HMR's in at 125 yards then use hold-over for longer shots - this crude "Kentucky hold-over" works rather well for me!
At least a few tons of dead Varmints would attest to that!
Don't let any big mouth idiot try to convince you that the Leupold 6x18's are not useful and reliable scopes!
I have been using them for 20+ years now and I know the truth about them.
PERIOD!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks for the helpful posts guys!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hilarious!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

BS

I see you do a lot of shooting,

Mostly yer Big mouth.

Stop drinking out of the toilet.

Yes, I am Laffin'...........so hard tears .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchuntco,

It's your Imagination,be SURE to Pretend with it as you must. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Garrow Hummer,CMC,'Horn's and 6x MQ,yada,yada,yada.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

When in doubt,nab a spare.

[Linked Image]

Mikes stuff sings and now you can see you've seen "one"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It appears that the LRV reticle might be a pretty good match with the 17HMR out to 250 yards. That's good enough for me! Obviously I'll have to confirm the below image is accurate.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by snowboardguy; 01/23/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Snowboardguy: Where did you obtain that yardage information chart/picture - that is cool.
I did not want to go back through the previous posts because bigdipsticks posts are so vile. immature and misinformed.
Was it from a Leupold site?
TIA
I may have to look in to one of those "LRV" 6x18 Leupolds.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I assume the main intersection of the cross hairs in your chart/picture is contingent on that being a 100 yard zero?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,you Idiots are plum AMAZIN'.

Wow +P++!.

Hint....................

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Snowboardguy: Where did you obtain that yardage information chart/picture - that is cool.
I did not want to go back through the previous posts because bigdipsticks posts are so vile. immature and misinformed.
Was it from a Leupold site?
TIA
I may have to look in to one of those "LRV" 6x18 Leupolds.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I assume the main intersection of the cross hairs in your chart/picture is contingent on that being a 100 yard zero?

VarmintGuy,

It's an app called Strelok and yes, the image is based on a 100 yard zero but you can input other yardage for the zero if you desire to do so. I'm currently playing around with the free version but if it works well I plan on purchasing the more equipped version.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Better than a Jerry Lewis Telethon NASCAR Event.

You chicks are a fhuqking riot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!..............

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In that iStrelok app, when looking at a specific reticle, there should be a slider at the bottom of the screen where you can adjust the magnification. You’ll see that it changes your ‘on’ distances of the BDC dots. If you have specific distances you want to use those dots for, you may be able to adjust the magnification on your scope to get the desired distances. That’s what I did with my scope and 22 rifle to have that second dot on at 75 yards (the distance to our yard feeder - for raccoon control).

I put BDC dot info on some blue masking tape, so I’ll know what distances the dots represent at various magnifications. Too much info to remember.

I should mention that my 22 is sighted in for 50 yards.

Last edited by 603Country; 01/23/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Snowboardguy: Appreciate the info - I will search it up for myself.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
603Country: Thank you as well for your input.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks to be some neat software. Is there a PC version available?

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t know the answer to that. I have it and iSnipe on my iPad, and they are very useful, but I don’t have them on my desktop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get it,that you DUMB Fhuqkers ain't very bright and that's the only fhuqking reason this schit is funny. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Reupold 6-18x can't/won't hold zero. That during zoom shift and actual use. Hint. They are simply a fhuqking JOKE,in said Departments. Re-hint.

Anywhoo...here's how to connect dots. This is simplified to save space,but I run drop charts for Rimfires in 10yd increments,starting at 10yds,to the limits of the platforms erector and windshield melding. In this example,it's 25yd increments and only to the limits of the reticle(10 Mils),though it houses another 40 Mils on the erector to boot. Hint.

The DOPE:

[Linked Image]

THE scope:

[Linked Image]

The erector adjusts in 1/10 Mil "clicks",10 per whole Mil and a complete revolution is 50 "clicks"/5 Mils. Hint.

The reticle is broke down in half Mil tick marks,separating each whole Mil,with a plain divisor at the 5 Mil mark. Rather impossible to get "lost",even for you DUMB fhuqks. Hint.

Bigging fhuqking deal,to paste the 6 Mil mark on a 400yd Victim,roast him and slap his friend at 225yds with a miserly 1.3 Mil hold. There's no switching the zoom,pissing up ropes or retardation. Read that again. Now one more time. Fhuqking hint.

If the action is at 500yds plus,it's no big deal to dump 10.2 Mils in the erector,to grant 10 Mils of windshield opportunity which will take the platform to the 670yd line(with the newfound 500yd zero) and back to the 375yd line,less touching a fhuqking thing,because you can hold 10 Mils over and 5 Mils under. Read that again. Now one more fhuqking time.

"Tell" me "more" about the "wonders" of the Reupold 6-18x for more money.

Hint.

I just dropped the mic and took a fhuqking bow.

Just sayin'.

Thank me later.

You've been led to water....................

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 603Country
In that iStrelok app, when looking at a specific reticle, there should be a slider at the bottom of the screen where you can adjust the magnification. You’ll see that it changes your ‘on’ distances of the BDC dots. If you have specific distances you want to use those dots for, you may be able to adjust the magnification on your scope to get the desired distances. That’s what I did with my scope and 22 rifle to have that second dot on at 75 yards (the distance to our yard feeder - for raccoon control).

I put BDC dot info on some blue masking tape, so I’ll know what distances the dots represent at various magnifications. Too much info to remember.

I should mention that my 22 is sighted in for 50 yards.

The free version does not include the slider, just the values at max magnification but I plan on upgrading to Strelok Pro.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by snowboardguy
It appears that the LRV reticle might be a pretty good match with the 17HMR out to 250 yards. That's good enough for me! Obviously I'll have to confirm the below image is accurate.
[Linked Image]

I like it when the guy asking the question comes back with his research and own answers. Between the lines is 25 yard increments. It works out much better than I expected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do NOT slight the humor. Hint. Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!..................

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
big snick: There is NO humor in your idiocy!
Just drivel compounded by lots of idiocy!
You diminish this site.
And that is sad.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 73 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,163
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.